Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Hepointatsquib

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
imtakingapi.ss
XP
Country
United States
You've probably been told this alot, but thank you for this projectm With this and NDS-Bootstrap, playing DS roms roms without the need of a flashcart is great. Especially Japanese-exlcusive games (Densetsu no stafy 4) and romhacks.

I dunno, i just think it's neat to play things like that on official hardware now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You've probably been told this alot, but thank you for this projectm With this and NDS-Bootstrap, playing DS roms roms without the need of a flashcart is great. Especially Japanese-exlcusive games (Densetsu no stafy 4) and romhacks.

I dunno, i just think it's neat to play things like that on official hardware now.
Also at the fact that games are basically working full-speed now, which is also quite impressive.

H3NTAI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My mate is trying to play any ds game and always gets "start failed error 1".
He's using the version you directly install on your 3ds. We tried changing CPU Speed and Bootstrap, which didn't help.
He has game patching activated in luma settings. He also did it the same way I did and for me it's running fine, but I'm using an old 2ds while he's using a new 3ds xl

EDIT: We just compared folders and realized that he f*d up the _nds folder.
But he's still not able to play dq9 (getting a white screen) while I'm able to play it np

Edit2: What?? I guess now DQ9 refuses to start for me too. Also can you use any cheats?

Last edited by H3NTAI,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mate is trying to play any ds game and always gets "start failed error 1".
He's using the version you directly install on your 3ds. We tried changing CPU Speed and Bootstrap, which didn't help.
He has game patching activated in luma settings. He also did it the same way I did and for me it's running fine, but I'm using an old 2ds while he's using a new 3ds xl

EDIT: We just compared folders and realized that he f*d up the _nds folder.
But he's still not able to play dq9 (getting a white screen) while I'm able to play it np

Edit2: What?? I guess now DQ9 refuses to start for me too. Also can you use any cheats?
DQ9 isn't working in the current nds-bootstrap version. Next version of nds-bootstrap should fix support for it.

H3NTAI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DQ9 isn't working in the current nds-bootstrap version. Next version of nds-bootstrap should fix support for it.
Well, I guess I'm a magician. I somehow managed to get it to work, not sure what exactly was the problem. I just played around with the settings, deleted and redumped the rom and it's working now. Ty for the help anyways!

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the compatibility sheet for nds-bootstrap and Pokemon Black is labeled no problemo as long as you have the anti-piracy patch. Yet the game softlocks somewhat frequently which I assume is due to load speed. Maybe it's a bug idk. (Loaded off the 3DS SD card)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiMenu++ v5.2.0
EDIT: Rev 01 released!
EDIT2: Rev 02 released!

Update instructions
  1. Overwrite the "_nds" folder on the SD root, with the new one from the .7z file.
  2. For DSi CFW users, put "title" folder from "CFW - SDNAND root" folder, onto the SD card root.
    If you're asked to overwrite, click Yes.
  3. On 3DS, install the two CIAs in the cia folder.
What's new?
  • New font is now in use!
    The font is like the one from the original DSi Menu, except it has smoother edges.
  • Name display returns to the top screen in the DSi & 3DS themes, and the settings screen!
  • You can now press X to delete a game or folder. (Returning feature from TWLoader)
  • DSi theme: The icon drop down effect during screen fade-in, has been added!
  • The Moonshell Blue Moon theme has been added as an R4 sub-theme!
  • In the settings screen, alongside the L/R buttons to switch a page, you can now use the X/Y buttons as well.
    Useful, if your L/R buttons are broken. ;)
  • The settings screen now has translations!
    Text is loaded from NitroFS.
    (Translations contributed by @c-schuhmann, @edo9300, @XxPhoenix1996xX, and @xavimel)
  • You can now enable/disable async prefetch, if some games are broken with or without it.
    (Only works with Nightly bootstrap for now.)
  • "Reset Slot-1" has been changed to "Slot-1 launch method", a new option where you can select how DSiMenu++ will launch your Slot-1 card!
  • DSi users: You can now launch System Settings in the DSiMenu++ settings!
Bug fix
  • DSi/3DS theme: The extra 7 palette lines of an animated icon are no longer loaded, in order for icons to not appear white.
    Fell free to enable the "Animate DSi icons" feature again!

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Omiwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you have maybe written that when a cart is used as a donor ROM for saving that the cart's save is erased?

RIP Hannah: my beloved Maine Coon on Petz catz 2 (only lived to get 50% of the Ribbonz) ;w;

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you have maybe written that when a cart is used as a donor ROM for saving that the cart's save is erased?

RIP Hannah: my beloved Maine Coon on Petz catz 2 (only lived to get 50% of the Ribbonz) ;w;
You can't use a donor cart for saving anymore, as all games now save to the SD card.

Omiwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did that change in the last update or have I been missing multiple updates?

EDIT: After some thinking, I realized I was stupid. If you donate something you give it away ... why did I think that I could keep my original save if I'm giving it away? Sorry for complaining.

Last edited by Omiwa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: