Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

GODDUKEMONEXA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is in the "nds-bootstrap settings" page.
Hi Robs, thanks for your great work I have a question, since the update of the console, the only games that stopped working are Pokemon Black and White, does not earn experience and gives error in battles or when you finish catching in a place (I'm stuck) curiously the other 7 Pokemon games works well (DPPt) (HgSs) (B2W2), I could do in this case? as note are roms that are not DSi enhanced, greetings, thanks in advance.

Note: playing on a NEW 2DS XL from Micro SD card

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Robs, thanks for your great work I have a question, since the update of the console, the only games that stopped working are Pokemon Black and White, does not earn experience and gives error in battles or when you finish catching in a place (I'm stuck) curiously the other 7 Pokemon games works well (DPPt) (HgSs) (B2W2), I could do in this case? as note are roms that are not DSi enhanced, greetings, thanks in advance.

Note: playing on a NEW 2DS XL from Micro SD card
The ROM for B/W might be corrupted, and may need to be replaced/redumped.

Reactions: GODDUKEMONEXA

Mothamoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Robs, I'm getting errors downloading boxart using TwilightBoxart. External name can not be resolved for 'boxart.kirovair.com'.

Is this something you manage or can fix?

v25.11.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v25.11.0
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.72.1 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• @DeadSkullzJr: Added AP-fixes for
    • Pokémon: Moon Black 2 (Beta v4.2.3)
    • Pokémon: SoothingSilver Version (v1.3.2)
  • Starting points for custom skin music are now supported!
    • Audio file must be named bgm.start.wav, and goes in the same place as bgm.wav.
    • If your custom skin still uses bgm.pcm.raw, it is recommended to switch over to bgm.wav. See this page for more information.
  • The original DSi Menu music has been re-added!
    • Quality is the same as in prior versions which contained the music.
  • To celebrate the release of Sonic the Hedgehog on SEGA Genesis/MegaDrive, the TWLMenu++ splash screen now plays a jingle from the game!
    • For this to take effect, TWiLight Menu++ must be booted on the release date of the game.
  • To work around a bug, nds-bootstrap is now used to boot Pictochat & DLP, when launched outside of the DS Classic Menu.

Improvement​

• TWLMenu++ has switched back to non-ADPCM versions of the DSi/3DS/HBL theme music files, in order to improve the quality.
    • This also improves load times when using a specific music option for the first time.

Bug fix​

• Fixed image viewer not reading image from flashcards.
  • Fixed the jingle playing a bit quiet when played in the Style Savvy variant of the TWLMenu++ splash screen.

Known bug​

• The HBL music start point plays slightly incorrectly.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, quick question. I'm just now starting to use Twilight Menu to play games from the SD card of my DSi XL because I've only been playing with a flashcard in the past.
I'm playing Pokemon Black right now, with a class 10 8GB microSD card by Intenso. When I open the item menu, the scrolling is unbearably slow and there's a lot of lag when running around in the overworld. Is that normal or is there something wrong with my SD card? Playing the game from the original cartridge works great but I'm using PKHeX a lot and re-importing the save file with GM9 after every edit takes ages.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, quick question. I'm just now starting to use Twilight Menu to play games from the SD card of my DSi XL because I've only been playing with a flashcard in the past.
I'm playing Pokemon Black right now, with a class 10 8GB microSD card by Intenso. When I open the item menu, the scrolling is unbearably slow and there's a lot of lag when running around in the overworld. Is that normal or is there something wrong with my SD card? Playing the game from the original cartridge works great but I'm using PKHeX a lot and re-importing the save file with GM9 after every edit takes ages.
The slowdown occurs because C-Gear is enabled. Try restarting the game with it disabled.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, thanks for the latest features, i had a couple questions though, i bought a dsi for my kid, so i'll need to child-proof the dsi features:
- Can i use parental controls with TWL++ ??
- Any way to prevent game/save deletion ?
- Any way to set gaming timer till the console sleeps or hibernates ?
- Any way to use dsi camera ?
- Any way to use forwarder on the real dsi launcher, like on 3ds ?

Thank you again.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for the latest features, i had a couple questions though, i bought a dsi for my kid, so i'll need to child-proof the dsi features:
- Can i use parental controls with TWL++ ??
- Any way to prevent game/save deletion ?
- Any way to set gaming timer till the console sleeps or hibernates ?
- Any way to use dsi camera ?
- Any way to use forwarder on the real dsi launcher, like on 3ds ?

Thank you again.

• Love
Reactions: YuseiFD

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your feedback, is it possible to install HiyaCFW after i already did the setup for twilightmenu++ and unlaunch, it's asking for an empty sdcard but i am not sure if it'll brick my dsi since i already did the hacking part ? how do i check if i already have hiyaCFW, i highly doubt it since i never used hiya Helper.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your feedback, is it possible to install HiyaCFW after i already did the setup for twilightmenu++ and unlaunch, it's asking for an empty sdcard but i am not sure if it'll brick my dsi since i already did the hacking part ? how do i check if i already have hiyaCFW, i highly doubt it since i never used hiya Helper.
If you never used hiyaCFW helper, then you don't have hiyaCFW.
You can backup everything on the SD card first, before using the helper.

Reactions: YuseiFD

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
If you never used hiyaCFW helper, then you don't have hiyaCFW.
You can backup everything on the SD card first, before using the helper.
Thank you man, installed successfully everything is working as intended, using CFW let me use the Parental control feature from the dsi, so this basically solved my problem, TWL++ is still the beast though, so thanks for maintaining it and updating its features from time to time.

Reactions: RocketRobz

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because recently I modded DSi 1.2J to Unlaunch, bootstrap v0.72 and TWLM++ v25.10.0 I have a questions about sounds...
1st:
First is for GBA emulation... we know that this emulator works better with installed Unlaunch. (full access to hardware)
But I tried some IS games, the best It can be noticed with Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones.
After some time background music switches randomly from stereo to mono or something like that.
I think It happens more often when cart is trying to save, so after every move this game has this feature
so happens more frequently. Even in Advance Wars from time to time it happen the same.
2nd:
Homebrew running in DSi mode... when I use maxmod9 library and play a sound module with more than 16 channels
(extended mode) sometimes some sample's goes too high and produce high pitched sounds. In nds bootstrap setting we
can choose 32.73kHz (original default) or 47,61kHz (high quality). Isn't that because of sync ARM9 and ARM7 frequencies?
Even so when homebrew is running in 47,61kHz sometimes it happens too. On DS hardware this doesn't happen.
I think It can be heard with some fast and rich music modules. Or maybe I play music wrong somehow, someway.

For comapare I place here two homebrews:

- BinaryLand with high pitched sounds
- Arkasnake plays music fine. (included maxmod9 dslib examples, I guess xm module here is not so demanding)

Attachments

• BinaryLand.7z
    313.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Arkasnake.7z
    126.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by plasturion,
Reactions: Tarmfot

WorfRB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, modded another dsi this time without ulaunch. When i set in twilight++ the preferred launcher it won't save it and will return to the previous setting. Is ulaunch still required for autoboot?

Winduss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This has probably been asked a million times but are you guys still working on bringing back the Acekard UI? The last update I've seen on the github page about it was back in 2021. It's just that most of the themes are a hassle to navigate with a lot of files and the R4 theme doesn't have any visual flair. I understand if there has never been a fix found for preventing data loss of course

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked a million times but are you guys still working on bringing back the Acekard UI? The last update I've seen on the github page about it was back in 2021. It's just that most of the themes are a hassle to navigate with a lot of files and the R4 theme doesn't have any visual flair. I understand if there has never been a fix found for preventing data loss of course
We are currently not working on bringing back the Acekard theme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!