Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. This app is very safe.
To clarify, this is a .CIA? So when booting up my 3DS and installing the 2 .cias, it will be an app right? I also have one more question. Why would we have to enable game patching in Luma for this to work? Sorry for being very hasty, just want to take extra precautions.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify, this is a .CIA? So when booting up my 3DS and installing the 2 .cias, it will be an app right? I also have one more question. Why would we have to enable game patching in Luma for this to work? Sorry for being very hasty, just want to take extra precautions.
3 CIAs, counting the 2 and DSiMenu++ Launcher.
Game patching is needed for the soft-reset and return to DSiMenu++ features to work. Without that option enabled, Luma will strangely crash.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3 CIAs, counting the 2 and DSiMenu++ Launcher.
Game patching is needed for the soft-reset and return to DSiMenu++ features to work. Without that option enabled, Luma will strangely crash.
Saving your game is the same as a regular game? For example Pokémon, you save the game and can exit the app and the save data will still be there or is there an option for save states or something like that? Also, would you ever need to uninstall any of the .cias for something like a system update?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saving your game is the same as a regular game? For example Pokémon, you save the game and can exit the app and the save data will still be there or is there an option for save states or something like that?
Saving is just like the regular method.
Also, would you ever need to uninstall any of the .cias for something like a system update?
Unless if you want to do a system transfer, then no.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saving is just like the regular method.

Unless if you want to do a system transfer, then no.
Ok! Thank you so much. I am so glad that I’ll finally be able to play DS games on my 3DS! But just one final question (sorry) . You can use this offline too, right?

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From the tutorial I’ve watched, the person didn’t put the boot.nds file on the root of the SD card and instead didn’t do anything with it. Is it mandatory to put it on the root?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there still a site that offers Nintendo roms?
Yep as @Robz8 said we can't link to sites with roms but we can give you a subtle hint in the right direction and for roms there is one site that has EMUlators and is a PARADISE for roms especially nintendo ds (the letters that are in capital letters may or may not be a clue lol)

Last edited by AmandaRose,

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep as @Robz8 said we can't link to sites with roms but we can give you a subtle hint in the right direction and for roms there is one site that has EMUlators and is a PARADISE for roms especially nintendo ds (the letters that are in capital letters may or may not be a clue lol)
Haha! They don’t seem to offer them anymore due to the Nintendo lawsuit, that’s why I’m asking but it’s totally fine!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah. We don't link to them here though, as doing so would be against the rules.
I’ve done everything correct so far and I have yet to install the .CIAs. But I’m wondering about something on the OP of the thread. It says that the GBARunner file in _nds could corrupt your SD card. Is that still true and should I take precautions, since it’s already in my SD card.

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha! They don’t seem to offer them anymore due to the Nintendo lawsuit, that’s why I’m asking but it’s totally fine!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I’ve done everything correct so far and I have yet to install the .CIAs. But I’m wondering about something on the OP of the thread. It says that the GBARunner file in _nds could corrupt your SD card. Is that still true and should I take precautions, since it’s already in my SD card.
What the site I was hinting at currently has 6294 nintendo ds roms lol I just checked. And is neither of the 2 sites in the lawsuit.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the site I was hinting at currently has 6294 nintendo ds roms lol I just checked. And is neither of the 2 sites in the lawsuit.
They have currently removed all of the Mario and Pokémon games (to avoid the lawsuit maybe) I’m pretty sure, those are the ones I’m looking for.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They have currently removed all of the Mario and Pokémon games (to avoid the lawsuit maybe) I’m pretty sure, those are the ones I’m looking for.
Ok i know of another site that has what you want it has ROMs and is a PORTAL. (again capitals and reverse ROMs and PORTAL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...