Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

pcjco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
It should be highlighted on the 1st post that the DS cover box art pack to download from gametdb should be the one under the category S Covers (png) (the only one that fit the required size of 128x115). If you take one of the other pack (240x216), there are some issues if your settings have "Show Covers" checked, TWLMenu++ freeze with a white screen at launch if you have a recent rom in your settings.ini.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there still no way to turn off wifi? Even if I turn it off in the main system menu, the wifi light stays on when using Twilight stuff. It's a drain on the battery and even the light being on annoys me haha

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just wondering if this is even possible but is there any way to allow twloader to enter ds download play while emulating a game rom? i ask this mostly for game migration between pokemon ds games (gen 4 to gen 5) but it would be a real life saver if this becomes possible, mainly asking cuz my heart gold and platinum games no longer save and bring up the blue error screen so i've no choice but to dump and emulate them now.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if this is even possible but is there any way to allow twloader to enter ds download play while emulating a game rom? i ask this mostly for game migration between pokemon ds games (gen 4 to gen 5) but it would be a real life saver if this becomes possible, mainly asking cuz my heart gold and platinum games no longer save and bring up the blue error screen so i've no choice but to dump and emulate them now.
1. TWLoader is discontinued. I assume you mean TWiLight Menu++.
2. TWiLight Menu++ isn't an emulator. Games are ran natively, just like from a cartridge.
3. Yes, Cloneboot-type Download Play will work in the future. but afaik, Gen 5 doesn't use cloneboot, so it should already work.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. TWLoader is discontinued. I assume you mean TWiLight Menu++.
2. TWiLight Menu++ isn't an emulator. Games are ran natively, just like from a cartridge.
3. Yes, Cloneboot-type Download Play will work in the future. but afaik, Gen 5 doesn't use cloneboot, so it should already work.
Yeah sorry i meant TWiLight Menu++
For gen 5 though, i tried it and it doesn't work, the source console just says a compatible game is not inserted when trying to do the transfer.

vowoqueoriginal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I haven't used twilight menu on some time and now my flashcart doesn't work with it, it worked before and I haven't changed any settings, how could I fix this?

Also the flashcart works fine when using it normally

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, the auto AP-fix stopped working since i've updated. Downgrading doesn't work
Auto AP-fix still works for me.

Did you modify your ROMs?
If not, make sure there's an "apfix" folder with .ips files, in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".
If it already exists, or if it's not there, try re-installing TWiLight Menu++ with the manual method.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Alexander1970

BiggusWeeabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Auto AP-fix still works for me.

Did you modify your ROMs?
If not, make sure there's an "apfix" folder with .ips files, in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".
If it already exists, or if it's not there, try re-installing TWiLight Menu++ with the manual method.
There is an apfix folder and my roms are clean.
I going to reinstall and see if it works

Reactions: Alexander1970

HippoPilot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there! I’ve noticed that I get ap patch errors on DSi enhanced games unless I run them in DS mode. Is running them in enhanced mode currently supported? And if not do you know any other equators that are?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
damn i came across this abit too late, but still cool.
same for freeshop, there's no freeshop now right?
was thinking of downloading stuff directly to my n3ds.

now that to the side, i got a question, can we move our r4 card nds saves to twilight, will they work?

HippoPilot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
now that to the side, i got a question, can we move our r4 card nds saves to twilight, will they work?
If it’s a compatible file then yes. I’ve tried it myself. Try renaming it to .dsv and see if that works if it isn’t already but it’s probably better to find a tool of some sort to convert it. I did but I can’t remember what it was.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If it’s a compatible file then yes. I’ve tried it myself. Try renaming it to .dsv and see if that works if it isn’t already but it’s probably better to find a tool of some sort to convert it. I did but I can’t remember what it was.
I'll try renaming, so .sav from the r4 card wont work right?
.dsv is the format that is used with the twilight nds emulation ?

if renaming dont work, I'll Google for a .sav to .dsv converter then!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I’ve noticed that I get ap patch errors on DSi enhanced games unless I run them in DS mode. Is running them in enhanced mode currently supported? And if not do you know any other equators that are?
That's not an AP patch error. It says the ROM is missing the DSi binaries.
That means the ROM dump isn't complete.
Plus, even if the ROM dump is complete, DSi mode doesn't work yet.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong