Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

eadmaster

Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Put it in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/apfix/".
The .ips must be named the game's TID, alongside the ROM's header CRC.

I've just tried that and it is still not working:
Code:
copy  cr-kssp2.ips  S:\_nds\TWiLightMenu\apfix\AKWE-F9C8.ips
copy  cr-kssp2.ips  S:\_nds\TWiLightMenu\apfix\AKWE-C8F9.ips

I've also tried statically patching the rom, but it is still not working in TM++. (original ROM crc32: 5c90df04)
The strange thing is the patched ROM is actually working as intended when running with MelonDS...

agBAZE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You have to AP-patch the ROM, which you can't for this ROM.
Get a clean dump of this ROM, before AP-patching.
I think I found the problem here.
The tool is intended to take information from DS-Scene site, isn't it? Well, in their page, doesn't figure spanish Pokémon White 2, so the tool doesn't show details about the game.
These are the only Pokémon B2/W2 entries in DS-Scene:
DS-Scene2.png

WaterManny1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Platinum bug is related to RTC polling, which can sometimes glitch, due to loading from the SD card.
Also, the Kirby bug is just a bug in the game itself, and also happens on flashcards.
The issue seems to not exist in the 3ds version of bootstrap, only the regular dsi one.
Maybe i got lucky in the 3ds version and didn't experience it though (since the freezing seems to be random)

Mikitok

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WARNING
When using this with SD cards that are 64GB or above, make sure "Save FAT table cache" is disabled in the Games/Apps page of TWLMenu++ Settings. Your SD card may become corrupt, due to an issue with saved FAT tables by nds-bootstrap.
If it's already turned off when corruption happened, then it's due to an issue with either libnds or libfat, or your SD card may be dying.[/QUOTE]

is safe use on SD 128 GB?

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any possible way to make Etrian Odessey R 3, EO3R for short, a romhack work on this? It seems to crash when using certain skills and I'll assume that sailing will have some issues with this romhack

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey guys.

My SD card (fat filesystem) got corrupted several times in my DSi+uLaunch+TWM++ (was on 16.5.0 and now on 17.1.1).
The sd card size is 32GB and the fat32 partition is 16GB in size.
Now most of the time Twilightmenu++ just doesnt boot (white screen).
No problem, i hae a backup and restoring it.
Also will try another sd card.

Just a little question:
How is the right way to power off / reset / return to TWM++ the DSI?
Me and my son just pressing the power button once to reset or long to switch it off.

Is this the right way? Could this lead to the fat corruptions?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by popy,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

My SD card (fat filesystem) got corrupted several times in my DSi+uLaunch+TWM++ (was on 16.5.0 and now on 17.1.1).
The sd card size is 32GB and the fat32 partition is 16GB in size.
Now most of the time Twilightmenu++ just doesnt boot (white screen).
No problem, i hae a backup and restoring it.
Also will try another sd card.

Just a little question:
How is the right way to power off / reset / return to TWM++ the DSI?
Me and my son just pressing the power button once to reset or long to switch it off.

Is this the right way? Could this lead to the fat corruptions?

Thanks a lot
This is the right way to power off.
Sounds like your current SD card is dying.

JPro404

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a New 3ds xl and dsi ware games doesn't work, it just gives me an error, the games are in .nds format. Any ideas?

IMG_20201207_230545.jpg IMG_20201207_230536.jpg

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a New 3ds xl and dsi ware games doesn't work, it just gives me an error, the games are in .nds format. Any ideas?

View attachment 237139 View attachment 237140
If my memory doesnt fail me,only two dsi games have total support.The rest of them doesnt work.Wait like everyone else here to have full dsi support.Ask Rob8z for the name of those 2 dsiware .

Note:I will wait patiently when we have the full support for the dsi game foto showdown monster rpg

Last edited by JaNDeRPeiCH,
Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my memory doesnt fail me,only two dsi games have total support.The rest of them doesnt work.Wait like everyone here to have full dsi support.Ask Rob8z for the name of those 2 dsiware .

Note:I will wait patiently when we have the full support for the dsi game foto showdown monster rpg
The current working DSiWare are
  1. Pop Island
  2. Pop Island: Paperfield
Since DSi mode doesn't work yet, the DS mode demo version with the short music loop will start.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news!

View attachment 237158 View attachment 237159

I just got a SuperCard MiniSD, and now I can test the native GBA ROM feature!
For some weird reason, retail/commercial ROMs will not boot (as others have encountered), but homebrew/demoscene/cracktro ROMs will boot.
After more testing, it seems only games that use either SRAM or no save type will work.

EDIT: Also, saving does not work, and .sav files are overwritten with corrupt data. Probably just my SC MiniSD though.
EDIT2: Never mind! Just needed to read the SRAM differently! The fix will be in the next version.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I bought DSi XL with both big screen same size top and bottom for $50 in burgery color I think I felt that I hit jackpot rare both big screen DSi so I have question that DSi doesnt need flashcard correct?? there is SDHC/flash memory card slot which i going to use micro sd with adapter 256 gb for DSi and will DSi be able to run 256 gb or does it have it own limit not to access over??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas