Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 I think I found the problem solve that I updated to 20.0.1 L + Down + Select crashed and hacked DS like Newer Super Mario Bros. DS stuck in white screen also the hack covers wasnt showing so I downgaded to 19.0.0 with nds_bootstrap 0.37.0 now everything is working also need to go in Twilight Menu++ switch nds_bootstrap from release to nighty. you will be able to scroll the Twilight Menu ++ no problem. I found code L + R + UP + X it will switch your screen to bottom or top. Thank you plus the Twilight Menu ++ is like 20.0.1 fast loading next pages

Last edited by FanNintendo,

Maculo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Robz8 I think I found the problem solve that I updated to 20.0.1 L + Down + Select crashed and hacked DS like Newer Super Mario Bros. DS stuck in white screen also the hack covers wasnt showing so I downgaded to 19.0.0 with nds_bootstrap 0.37.0 now everything is working also need to go in Twilight Menu++ switch nds_bootstrap from release to nighty. you will be able to scroll the Twilight Menu ++ no problem. I found code L + R + UP + X it will switch your screen to bottom or top. Thank you plus the Twilight Menu ++ is like 20.0.1 fast loading next pages
So if I downgrade to version 19.0.0 the problem would be fixed?? Or you just made a button combo to load it properly??

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 , I'm not sure if this was a fluke or if it was taking longer than usual, but earlier today, twilight menu++ gave me a white screen upon booting. it's the first time it's ever happened, and it didn't happen after I hard powered off the 3ds, then turned it back on. is that when you're supposed to close the lid, then reopen? also, doing the soft reset to exit out of a ds game, it worked for dragon quest ix, but it seemed to freeze with new super mario bros. is that normal?

KungBore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I think I've found a glitch in TWiLight menu ++:

I've noticed it in Age of Empires DS and Ultimate Mortal Kombat. It doesn't seem to happen with DS cart games or 3DS games. There's is an occasional single black line flicker, only on the bottom screen. You can see it in this video I've made, it's clearer on the top yellow tiles:

I'm not sure if this is a problem with TWPatcher (I've used it to diminish the brightness of both screens), ntr- bootstrap (using the latest stable build as of today) or TWiLight Menu ++, maybe someone could point me to a solution?

Last edited by KungBore,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 , I'm not sure if this was a fluke or if it was taking longer than usual, but earlier today, twilight menu++ gave me a white screen upon booting. it's the first time it's ever happened, and it didn't happen after I hard powered off the 3ds, then turned it back on. is that when you're supposed to close the lid, then reopen?
Yes. Pressing HOME and then B button will also work.
also, doing the soft reset to exit out of a ds game, it worked for dragon quest ix, but it seemed to freeze with new super mario bros. is that normal?
If you mean the in-game menu doesn't open, then no, it's not normal. Next nds-bootstrap version will exit the game after 2 seconds, if the in-game menu doesn't open.
Hey, I think I've found a glitch in TWiLight menu ++:

I've noticed it in Age of Empires DS and Ultimate Mortal Kombat. It doesn't seem to happen with DS cart games or 3DS games. There's is an occasional single black line flicker, only on the bottom screen. You can see it in this video I've made, it's clearer on the top yellow tiles:

I'm not sure if this is a problem with TWPatcher (I've used it to diminish the brightness of both screens), ntr- bootstrap (using the latest stable build as of today) or TWiLight Menu ++, maybe someone could point me to a solution?

This is something only the devs can fix.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 , it opened, but it seemed to freeze as I was unable to push down or select any option. I tried dragon quest ix again, and it worked without a problem. I think I read a post where you said it didn't work with every game, because I think another person reported a freeze with a game.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I downgrade to version 19.0.0 the problem would be fixed?? Or you just made a button combo to load it properly??
Yes try it - Exit game is Left + Down + Select work now before not. After I downgrade it works fine the combo left + right + down + B is not there anymore

Last edited by FanNintendo,
Reactions: Maculo

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Im having a strange issue.
Im using a New 3DS without Using a Flashcard. Tested both the Normal Version of Twillight and NDS Bootstrap and also the Nightly Versions.
As soon as i start twillight, it sometimes takes 5 Seconds to show the Nintendo DS(i) logo, and sometimes it takes more 1 a Minute (Just 2 White Screens), same applies for starting an NDS Game...
Anyone knows why this is so random ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a strange issue.
Im using a New 3DS without Using a Flashcard. Tested both the Normal Version of Twillight and NDS Bootstrap and also the Nightly Versions.
As soon as i start twillight, it sometimes takes 5 Seconds to show the Nintendo DS(i) logo, and sometimes it takes more 1 a Minute (Just 2 White Screens), same applies for starting an NDS Game...
Anyone knows why this is so random ?
The issue is related to the SD card.
What's the size and brand of the SD card?

Reactions: banjo2

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Robz8 wow that was an insanely fast reply!

Its an Samsung EVO Plus 256GB Card. 100% Original. So there would be no way to fix that ? Can you tell me why its sometimes faster and sometimes it takes so long to load ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 wow that was an insanely fast reply!

Its an Samsung EVO Plus 256GB Card. 100% Original. So there would be no way to fix that ? Can you tell me why its sometimes faster and sometimes it takes so long to load ?
If I knew, then it would likely already be fixed. Theoretically, using libslim instead of libfat should fix it though, but libslim doesn't work correctly due to the SD driver used, to my knowledge.
Have you tried reformatting it to FAT32 with 32kb cluster size?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Robz8 damn...
Yeah, it was already on FAT32 and have a 32KB Cluster. Could it maybe because there a many games located on the SD Card ?
Really sad if this cant somehow be fixed. Otherwise i dont know what could causing the problem

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 damn...
Yeah, it was already on FAT32 and have a 32KB Cluster. Could it maybe because there a many games located on the SD Card ?
Really sad if this cant somehow be fixed. Otherwise i dont know what could causing the problem
Hmm, you could try deleting some games, and see if that fixes it.
Otherwise, try a smaller SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow