Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I get the black "Power Off" screen. Is this normal?
Install the CIA in the TWLoader folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

FYI people, most games require that you decompress arm9 (can be done using EveryFileExplorer) and repacking the rom using the decompressed arm9 binary and using that with bootstrap. Bootstrap doesn't yet handle arm9 compression so you have to do this manually. I use dslazy to repack the NDS file after replacing the arm9.bin with the one from EveryFileExplorer.

Two games I personally tested as working is Golden Eye Rogue Agent and Bomberman DS.

However Golden Eye hangs at a specific spot in the first level. Probably save related. Bomberman seems to occasionaly hang just after the new save cutscene. but if you get past it, it seems fully playable with little in the way of bugs.

Save redirection is not implemented yet, so for the few games that do work, don't expect to save your games. :P

I decompressed the rom but now, how do I repack it?

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
*sigh* People do realize this is a "progress thread"? its cool to see the very few DS games that are loading from SD right now but its not even an "official" release from the devs and people are trying to run all sorts? not even understanding the need for the arm9 decompressing/games with saving not working since reading saves is not redirected yet.

At most this is a tease of whats to come, already feel like too many people are trying this expecting it to play what they want this second.

Think its time I stop coming back to this thread for awhile...

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, I haven't read this thread for a while now. (Never post, but I used to keep track)
Can someone fill me in on what new discoveries you guys made? So far, I only know that we can inject an NDS rom into a DSiWare but it just doesn't work and only load a white screen.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh wow, I haven't read this thread for a while now. (Never post, but I used to keep track)
Can someone fill me in on what new discoveries you guys made? So far, I only know that we can inject an NDS rom into a DSiWare but it just doesn't work and only load a white screen.
long story short, a WIP pre-alpha release of a NDS rom loading dldi was released, works for games without saves and with decrypted arm9 from every file explorer, bunch of work required before being usable by the end user imo, but good PoC

Reactions: Pokem

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
long story short, a WIP pre-alpha release of a NDS rom loading dldi was released, works for games without saves and with decrypted arm9 from every file explorer, bunch of work required before being usable by the end user imo, but good PoC
Wow this is insane work so far. Once save redirection is implemented I BET pkmn games will work :3

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* People do realize this is a "progress thread"? its cool to see the very few DS games that are loading from SD right now but its not even an "official" release from the devs and people are trying to run all sorts? not even understanding the need for the arm9 decompressing/games with saving not working since reading saves is not redirected yet.

At most this is a tease of whats to come, already feel like too many people are trying this expecting it to play what they want this second.

Think its time I stop coming back to this thread for awhile...
Same. They're trying to put together a compatability list when he already said shit wouldn't work lol. I'm just gunna wait around for a release. People need to get a grip

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
did the game you try have save files ?
no i tried the pokemon disbution roms

i wonder why the pokemon distribution roms still don't work with this like the shiny dialga one boots but it says distribution not available

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is insane work so far. Once save redirection is implemented I BET pkmn games will work :3
did the game you try have save files ?
You guys are rediculous. Whether the game saves or not has nothing to do with it not running. It just means you wouldn't be able to save your game if it did run. I know you all are excited. But really, at least read what they are telling you.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You guys are rediculous. Whether the game saves or not has nothing to do with it not running. It just means you wouldn't be able to save your game if it did run. I know you all are excited. But really, at least read what they are telling you.
quick question, but in your mind, what would happen if the game tries to load a save at boot time and realises that there is no chip to read from ? i'll let you ponder on that

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Oh I know lmao but you have to admit this is still great progress which is all im stating. This pre-release thing means nothing to me, Its just good progress.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Point is, the game would have to load first to get to that point

No it would actually just error out completely and probably no error handler as it wouldnt normally happen so- BOOM
Never used an emulator with the wrong save type enabled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION