Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

mobiusherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hullo! Hope this is a good place to ask this. I'm a good proper noob - let's say I wanted to start learning about how NDS games work, mod something, be able to read into a save file, mess around with them. What kind of basis would I need / where should I start? I imagine some kind of programming knowledge is needed, but what would it be better to begin learning? I'd imagine C++ is a good bet, but would you recommend it as a starting point? (I've never studied programming before, only a bit of markup).

What would be some reasonable little project I could give myself to help learn? How did you guys start? I usually love to learn by just setting a silly goal and looking up stuff as I go, tinkering with everything for fun. But I'm so out of my depths here that I have no idea where even to start - all I've tried to tinker with was apparently way too advanced, I can't find a "starting" point, if it makes sense.

-Sincerely, the person in the friend group that used to hack all of their friends' consoles following online guides, and would now like to step up their game!

EmiXD2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does someone have any plans for a FastVideoDS web converter, because some people can't have a pc with AVX2 because it isn't supported? :)

Last edited by EmiXD2008,

ABC1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am trying to load up WarioWare D.I.Y. on my Ace3DS+, I am using the latest cheat database by DeadskullzJr, and I am using save slot 1, and it is not loading up. Do I need anything else?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to load up WarioWare D.I.Y. on my Ace3DS+, I am using the latest cheat database by DeadskullzJr, and I am using save slot 1, and it is not loading up. Do I need anything else?
Try launching it with TWiLight Menu++ with the game loader set to "nds-bootstrap", if you haven't done so yet.
If you already did, then some cheats may cause the game to not boot.

Kyush4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hi, can i stop the boat lady screen from booting from time to time? i would like to always boot in the folders where i have the games but 3/9 times i need to restart because of that, or how do i get out of that menu without restarting?

thanks in advance

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, can i stop the boat lady screen from booting from time to time? i would like to always boot in the folders where i have the games but 3/9 times i need to restart because of that, or how do i get out of that menu without restarting?

thanks in advance
When does that issue happen? If it's when you turn on the DSi, make sure the SD card is correctly inserted.

ABC1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try launching it with TWiLight Menu++ with the game loader set to "nds-bootstrap", if you haven't done so yet.
If you already did, then some cheats may cause the game to not boot.
According to a github thread, TWiLight Menu++ does not work with Ace3DS+ carts, and I am using the standalone release of nds-bootstrap. When I use the "retail" edition, it say "FAT init failed!", and when I use the homebrew edition, it says "SD init failed!", and I have copied the .ver file to the games folder!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
According to a github thread, TWiLight Menu++ does not work with Ace3DS+ carts, and I am using the standalone release of nds-bootstrap. When I use the "retail" edition, it say "FAT init failed!", and when I use the homebrew edition, it says "SD init failed!", and I have copied the .ver file to the games folder!
That is incorrect. Ace3DS+ is compatible with TWLMenu++, you need to get the "flashcard" package and copy the appropriate autoboot file onto the root of your SD card followed by the rest of the TWLMenu files.

ABC1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That is incorrect. Ace3DS+ is compatible with TWLMenu++, you need to get the "flashcard" package and copy the appropriate autoboot file onto the root of your SD card followed by the rest of the TWLMenu files.
Oh. Well, I have no interest as to install TWLMenu++ onto my flashcart anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Thedoc93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably won't work.
Sorry not sure how to post questions is there a patch for radical red to work on GBA runner 2 for two menu ++ on DSi
Post automatically merged:

Sorry if I'm posting this wrong having issues with rom hacks on GBA runner 2 with twilight menu ++ on dsi

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry not sure how to post questions is there a patch for radical red to work on GBA runner 2 for two menu ++ on DSi
Post automatically merged:

Sorry if I'm posting this wrong having issues with rom hacks on GBA runner 2 with twilight menu ++ on dsi
Wait for GBARunner3 to properly support them.

xbmbmx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi!

Currently, what is the maximum size for an sdcard in a Nintendo DSi running TwilightMenu++ through UnLaunch?

I have been thinking about buying a 512gb SD card but I am unsure if TwilightMenu++ can handle this, and the information I found so far on the forums is somewhat contradicting (it is not possible / it is possible but you need a multiple of 2gb as free space / it will corrupt your sd).

Does anyone know which one (if any) of these is true?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Currently, what is the maximum size for an sdcard in a Nintendo DSi running TwilightMenu++ through UnLaunch?

I have been thinking about buying a 512gb SD card but I am unsure if TwilightMenu++ can handle this, and the information I found so far on the forums is somewhat contradicting (it is not possible / it is possible but you need a multiple of 2gb as free space / it will corrupt your sd).

Does anyone know which one (if any) of these is true?
The maximum size should be 2TB (unsure if Unlaunch itself supports that).
Also, the multiple of 2GB thing only applies to hiyaCFW. The SD corruption thing is likely an old report, and hasn't happened in a while.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Alrighty! I'm finally about to replace the M3 Sakura with TwilightMenu++ on my M3i Zero Flashcart. I've asked this before, but how do I replace it? I have the site open to do the proccess, but..

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alrighty! I'm finally about to replace the M3 Sakura with TwilightMenu++ on my M3i Zero Flashcart. I've asked this before, but how do I replace it? I have the site open to do the proccess, but..
M3 Sakura only works if you have a GMP-Z003 cartridge, and that its already updated to the latest firmware. The interface is pretty shit in my experience personally, would not recommend it. For better game compatibility, best to resort to TWLMenu++.

You need to patch the anti-piracy using NDS-Scene ROM Tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper