Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WILL TRY WITH SUDOKUHAX
biggrin.gif

EDIT - No Shell!...System Halted.

EDIT 2 - OMG. it works...no DOS games tested yet...will test my 512mb "games' folder on it...

FIX - I used my "DATA" (from dsx86) folder from my MicroSD and put that folder in the root of the SD card
tongue.gif

if this is true..WE COULD HAVE SUDOKUHAX SUCCESSFULLY USING A "FILESYSTEM"

that means...emulators using sudokuhax is possible
biggrin.gif

TEST- Aladdin doesn't work still - 386 Opcodes Not Supported
unsure.gif

will test another.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir_Voe said:
VatoLoco said:
I didnt see a thread for regular 'ol dsx86, so i'll post my excitement here=D

I just loaded my XLs side-slot SD card up with the newest beta, and am now enjoying some Commander Keen via the sudoku exploit. The touch screen even works, yay=)

Thank you Pate!

...now to test some more games...

Yep, FINALLY an emulator that can be run through Sudoku. I don't know if it's just my SD cards or what, but loading is much quicker than running DSX86 from my DS2.
One of the games I notice clearly taking advantage of the hardware is Prince of Persia 2: it chugs pretty badly unless you run it through SH, at which point it runs pretty much at full speed.

That's because it's in DSi mode when running through SudokuHax. It's using the faster processor and more RAM. This is good news: homebrew have acces to the SD and the touch screen works!

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
compatibility sucks with sudokuhax.

I've found compatability to be just as good as running it the standard way, only with a nice preformance increase on some titles. The only thing that keeps me from deleting DSX86 from my DS2 and running it strictly from Sudoku is that the SD lib doesn't support writing yet, which is out of the developers hands.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sir_Voe said:
stanleyopar2000 said:

I've found compatability to be just as good as running it the standard way, only with a nice preformance increase on some titles. The only thing that keeps me from deleting DSX86 from my DS2 and running it strictly from Sudoku is that the SD lib doesn't support writing yet, which is out of the developers hands.

ah...using Sudokuhax with DSx86 Crystal Caves didn't work..."runtime error 002..."

worked with latest build of dsx86 on acekard 2i..

oh...the touchscreen works with Shadowgate using Sudokuhax...one more step
smile.gif

AND : Sudokuhax on "Jim Power" says "cannot open JIM.DAT"

and on Acekard 2i - Jim Power says "Jim Power Requires 80386 processor or later"

hmm...I think these two issues have to do with with SD lib not supporting writing.
unsure.gif

Pate

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for all your testing!

Yeah, I used the shareware version of Warcraft to test in DS2x86, sorry I did not mention this in my blog.

I have not increased the EMS memory size yet, as the longer-term plan is to have a proper expanded memory manager (like EMM386) running, which can provide either EMS or XMS memory to a program. I'll see if simply increasing the current EMS size would make Elder Scrolls Arena run.

Glad to hear the sudoku hack works in DSx86, I have not been able to test that, I have only tested the DSi mode with the CycloDS iEvolution.

Sorry for the still disappointing compatibility of DS2x86, hopefully the next version will run Worms and Warcraft for real...

Pate

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pate said:
Thanks for all your testing!

Yeah, I used the shareware version of Warcraft to test in DS2x86, sorry I did not mention this in my blog.

I have not increased the EMS memory size yet, as the longer-term plan is to have a proper expanded memory manager (like EMM386) running, which can provide either EMS or XMS memory to a program. I'll see if simply increasing the current EMS size would make Elder Scrolls Arena run.

Glad to hear the sudoku hack works in DSx86, I have not been able to test that, I have only tested the DSi mode with the CycloDS iEvolution.

Sorry for the still disappointing compatibility of DS2x86, hopefully the next version will run Worms and Warcraft for real...

Pate

you are a hero...your code to make this homebrew work with Sudokuhax could cause a explosion of other DS emulators to be functional using a filesystem on the sudokuhack
biggrin.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Sir_Voe said:
stanleyopar2000 said:

You might want to keep in mind that the DSi version will most likely not support 386 protected mode games and is only half as fast as the DSTwo version. In other words, forget about the Elder Scrolls:Arena and other 386 games with the DSi version.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Good news everyone, the next version of DS2x86 will support Elder Scrolls: Arena. According to his latest blog post, he can start the game, create a character, save and load games, and even move around a bit. Unfortunately that is as far as he tested as he doesn't know how to play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol