ROM Hack DSi-Homebrew Works =D

renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, its already known, that Team Twiizers found a Savegame Exploit.

The Coder "Wintermute", has released a BEGIN OF THE HACK!! Not a full Hack! If there someone how could program it? oO

QUOTE said:
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Overview

dslink is a simple and effective method to transfer homebrew games and applications to your DS(i) over wifi. Simply run dslink.nds on your DS console, wait for it to connect and use the command line dslink host tool to send an nds file.

dslink [-a ip address]

The dslink host uses UDP broadcast messages to discover your DS but this won't work for some people due to routers either not passing on these packets or sending them at a speed the DS can't read. If you get "No Response from DS!" then try specifiying the ip address of your DS with the -a switch.
DSi mode

Here's the part most people will probably be interested in, homebrew running in DSi mode.

While playing around with the save game exploits for Cooking Coach and Classic Word Games I created last year I discovered two things about the flashchip on the wifi module where the firmware would be stored on a normal DS. (1) It contains only the setup data for wifi, the user settings and the wifi connection settings and, (2) Part of it is writable, from DS mode. This was what finally gave me the motivation to revisit an old project to upload homebrew to the DS over wifi.

installDSiLink.nds will, when run from a DSi compatible card in DS mode, write the dslink client to the wifi flash chip and this can then be bootstrapped from the save game exploits mentioned above. You'll need to write the appropriate .SAV file from this archive to your game of choice from either a DS with eepinator or use one of the save game transfer devices around. Cooking Coach is more convenient since the exploit kicks in just after the splash screen, with Classic Word Games you need to go through a couple of menu options.

Unfortunately testing revealed that later model DSi and XL consoles have had their security beefed up a little. You'll know if you have one of these consoles if either the installer fails to write the loader or the loader fails to connect when bootstrapped. Sorry if you have one of these consoles, you'll have to wait a little bit longer to play with DSi mode.

libnds still needs some more updating to deal with DSi mode features, currently audio doesn't work and the swi decompression functions seem to have changed. Hopefully now there's a reasonably straightforward way to run code we can get a few more people looking at what we need to change and how best to approach it.
Archive Listing

* README.html - this file.
* VCKE.SAV - save game for Cooking Coach, US version.
* VCKS.SAV - save game for Cooking Coach, Spanish version.
* VCKV.SAV - save game for Cooking Coach, UK/EU version.
* VCKF.SAV - save game for Cooking Coach, French version.
* VCKI.SAV - save game for Cooking Coach, Italian version.
* VCKD.SAV - save game for Cooking Coach, German version.
* VCWE.SAV - save game for Classic Word Games, US version.
* VCWV.SAV - save game for Classic Word Games, UK/EU version.
* installDSiLink.nds - writes the wifi loader to the wifi flash chip on DSi.
* dsilink.nds - DSi version of the wifi upload client.
* dslink.nds - Standard DS version of the wifi upload client.
* host/osx/dslink - host application compiled for Mac OSX, 10.4 universal binary.
* host/windows/dslink.exe - host application compiled for windows
* host/linux-x86/dslink - host application compiled for 32bit x86 linux
* host/linux-x86_64/dslink - host application compiled for 64bit x86 linux

Quell and Dll:
http://davejmurphy.com/dsilink-updated/

PS: I Successfully installed dslink on my DSi =D
But i cant program something xD

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, even though this has been known for a while
wink.gif

renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really? I thought the code is new?

There is anotherone, but this is an updatet version
biggrin.gif
You Can Run DSI-Homebrew via wlan
biggrin.gif
D

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He did still alert us to the fact that the thing was updated, and as its the only DSi hack of any real note, i feel its worth a post to alert us to updates.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Shabang21 said:
Dter ic said:
Shabang21 said:
Effort is effort, but certainly nothing to write home about at this point.
was this even worthy of a post??
Probably just as worthy as your post to be honest haha ;]
i don't think my post (counts)
unsure.gif
since im replying to a *crap* post by *somebody*

ok no more stuff about this

renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But im wondering: I read somewhere in the www, that a DS Flashcard CANT write something in the DSi-Mode.
But With my acekard 2i, i wrote this in my DSi-Wifiplugin oO
QUOTE said:
* installDSiLink.nds - writes the wifi loader to the wifi flash chip on DSi.

I thougt its like Wii and GC= In GC Mode, you cant access f.e USB Port.
And in DS Mode, you cant access ...DSi...plugins?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1