Hacking DSIware downgrade - Is a USA<->JPN system transfer possible with homebrew?

Daggot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US O3DS with luma+a9lh and a Japanese N3DS on firmware 9.4. Since I don't feel like importing and then waiting for an exploit game I looked into DSIware downgrades on later firmwares but it seems like it needs a system transfer for it to happen. I know that normally system transfers are impossible to do between regions but is there some way of circumventing this? Like for example changing the region on the O3DS(I know this can cause errors) and transferring a JPN DSIware game that way? If it's impossible then that's fine but I'm curious on this.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US O3DS with luma+a9lh and a Japanese N3DS on firmware 9.4. Since I don't feel like importing and then waiting for an exploit game I looked into DSIware downgrades on later firmwares but it seems like it needs a system transfer for it to happen. I know that normally system transfers are impossible to do between regions but is there some way of circumventing this? Like for example changing the region on the O3DS(I know this can cause errors) and transferring a JPN DSIware game that way? If it's impossible then that's fine but I'm curious on this.
If it were possible to region change and then system transfer the O3DS you would not have a transferable dsiware game since the region of the game would not match the system.

Of course this is assuming that dsiware games are not region free by default.

Daggot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it were possible to region change and then system transfer the O3DS you would not have a transferable dsiware game since the region of the game would not match the system.

Of course this is assuming that dsiware games are not region free by default.
Well I was assuming that you could install it from another source but now that I'm looking I see that DSIware tickets coming from illegitimate sources won't work. Thank you for the answer though.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't mention your browser version, but you should check to see if you have a functioning browser if you haven't because browserhax is all you'd need to downgrade and hack it.

Otherwise it looks like you could get OoT 3D JP or Pokemon Omega Ruby JP for $30-$50 on Amazon.

Daggot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you use browserhax?
I originally assumed I could use browserhax but they don't even mention it from fw 9.0 and up.

https://3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds-jpn)

You didn't mention your browser version, but you should check to see if you have a functioning browser if you haven't because browserhax is all you'd need to downgrade and hack it.

Otherwise it looks like you could get OoT 3D JP or Pokemon Omega Ruby JP for $30-$50 on Amazon.

Alright I just used what I remember from hacking my O3DS and managed to get into the homebrew launcher using my browser. Maybe I'm not used to the layout and I'm reading the guide wrong because I'd assume it would be in there.

Last edited by Daggot,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally assumed I could use browserhax but they don't even mention it from fw 9.0 and up.

https://3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds-jpn)

Alright I just used what I remember from hacking my O3DS and managed to get into the homebrew launcher using my browser. Maybe I'm not used to the layout and I'm reading the guide wrong because I'd assume it would be in there.
https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)

Seems weird that the guide links to the no browser page for both columns on JP N3DS. Probably just something overlooked when copy+pasting or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought