Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DSPackv193update.png

Copper has updated DSPack to version 1.93. Please see the change log for more information about this update. For a list of supported ROM files (from 1.8 to 1.93) see the project post, linked below.

Change Log said:
  • mspacman / mspacmat / mspacmnf fixed (thanks Rayder)
  • scroll in abscam fixed (thanks Rayder)

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Post

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I could help. I just recently upgraded from your ancient version 1.2. I think this might be my most played homebrew, in fact, my most played DS program of all the games I have on my nearly full 16GB SD. I played 1.2 all the time and hesitated to upgrade just because it played the different Pac-Man games so perfectly. So I'll be sure to report any other bugs I encounter so you can perfect it, and promise to keep this program updated from now on. So I guess I will join Another World here at GBAtemp to help you debug this homebrew.

Ms. Pac-Man and Ms. Pac Attack are now working! But the fruit seems to be off by a few pixels as it moves horizontally through the maze, preventing you from being able to eat it when it does that. Travels correctly vertically though. I didn't check all Ms. Pac-Man versions to see if they did it too, but Ms. Pac-Man (bootleg) seemed like it was OK in this respect. I will update my report later, when I have more time to test the other versions. I've got a little running around to do today.

One other issue that seems to affect all games is a second of static in the sound that will happen 2 to 3 times a minute. I noticed this in 1.92 also, but forgot to mention it.

JLsoft

The Joystick Lunatic
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope he will consider seeing if Qix hardware support can be added (Qix II/etc is a totally different beast), solely because it would be awesome to be able to play 'Zoo Keeper' on the DS :D

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Glad I could help. I just recently upgraded from your ancient version 1.2. I think this might be my most played homebrew, in fact, my most played DS program of all the games I have on my nearly full 16GB SD. I played 1.2 all the time and hesitated to upgrade just because it played the different Pac-Man games so perfectly. So I'll be sure to report any other bugs I encounter so you can perfect it, and promise to keep this program updated from now on. So I guess I will join Another World here at GBAtemp to help you debug this homebrew.

Ms. Pac-Man and Ms. Pac Attack are now working! But the fruit seems to be off by a few pixels as it moves horizontally through the maze, preventing you from being able to eat it when it does that. Travels correctly vertically though. I didn't check all Ms. Pac-Man versions to see if they did it too, but Ms. Pac-Man (bootleg) seemed like it was OK in this respect. I will update my report later, when I have more time to test the other versions. I've got a little running around to do today.

One other issue that seems to affect all games is a second of static in the sound that will happen 2 to 3 times a minute. I noticed this in 1.92 also, but forgot to mention it.
The fruit bug happens on all version of Ms Pac-Man, its appears to be caused by the scrolling of the screen. An option that allows you to turn off the scrolling would be a good idea, because it sometimes prevents you from seeing whats going on at the bottom of the screen and it would be nice to have the option to turn it off.

QUOTE(JLsoft @ Jul 14 2011, 12:57 AM) I hope he will consider seeing if Qix hardware support can be added (Qix II/etc is a totally different beast), solely because it would be awesome to be able to play 'Zoo Keeper' on the DS
biggrin.gif
I'd like to see Donkey Kong emulated.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That fruit bug did not exist on version 1.2. I should know, I put many, many, MANY hours in on the old version 1.2. It just seems the screen scrolling effect has not been applied to the fruit as it doesn't adjust with the scrolling. And yeah, it DOES seem to effect all versions of Ms. Pac-Man right now. I'm sure Copper will fix it soon.

EDIT: I'm currently working on getting updated to a newer version of MAME on the PC so I can better test some of the games against how they play on DSpack. I generally only played the normal versions of Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Jr. Pac-Man and not those other versions, or even many of the the other games, but that's gonna change. I need an updated PC version of MAME so I can compare and see if the DS iterations are playing as they are supposed to because the PC MAME version I have now doesn't include many of the versions currently in DSPack. Some versions of Ms. Pac-Man (my focus at the moment) seems like they are playing WAY too fast on DSPack. I need to verify. And to do that, I need a more current version of MAME for the PC. I'm currently working on updating from approximately version 120 to 143. To be honest, I don't think my previous version of MAME was actually complete. My updated one will be, but the site I'm using only let's me DL at between 400 and 500K per second, or about a fifth of my bandwidth, so it's going to take a while, like a few days to get it all.

DSPack is my favorite and most played homebrew on the DS, even if I was grossly outdated with the version I was playing before (1.2). The least I could do is help debug DSPack and make it the best it can be now that I'm updated to the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken do you think any of them asked for a different tattoo? Like could I get a star of David...