Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I bought a Supercard DSTWO about a year ago. It worked well until yesterday: now it doesn't show the icon (Alex Rider) anymore (like there was no game in the Slot). I tried to recopy the EOS, put the contacts higher with paper, cleaning the contacts of the microSD, take the DSTWO out of the DS and the MicroSD out of the DSTWO and put it back in and of the DSTWO and tried to boot it on another DS (DSi and 3DS). I tested the MicroSD card in a R4i gold (r4ids.cn) and it worked well.
It can't be a update because it doesn't even show the icon (no an error has current screen) and the DSTWO was on the latest update. The MicroSD card works well and I tried it serveral times. I don't think that I have contact issues with DS->DSTWO because it doesn't work with paper, too.
Do you think that it is brokened?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No icon = no header detected = no I/O between the cart and the DS = hardware or firmware failure. If you updated before the issue surfaced, you bricked it. If you haven't and you've done all in your power to make sure that this is not a contact issue or a slot issue, your cart is dead.

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I haven't updated it and I think that it's not a contact or slot issue. Seems like my DSTWO is dead (she was so young :cry:). I wanted to buy a second dstwo soon, so it isn't such a big problem and I still have my R4i. Mybe it's in the waranty of my online store.

Bree500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dstwo is overrated. I bought 2 dstwo's, one for myself and the other one i bought for a friend, and the one that i am currently using, keeps not beig recognized. I have to keep pushing it and the micros sd card in and out of the nds for it to work. And to make things ever worse is, i have barely used my nintendo ds lite or the dstwo card.

And my friends dstwo has the same exact problem.

i have a ezflash 4, and i never once had to keep inserting the ez flash 4 or the micro sd card in and out of the gba sp system for it to work or for it to be recognized by the system.

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't updated it and I think that it's not a contact or slot issue. Seems like my DSTWO is dead (she was so young :cry:). I wanted to buy a second dstwo soon, so it isn't such a big problem and I still have my R4i. Mybe it's in the waranty of my online store.
My first DSTwo died on me, no matter what I did I couldn't get it to boot. I assume it was from me testing my plugins so much. Current DSTwo, thankfully, is still working after 4165 boots!

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, I have send it to the shop one week ago and a new DSTwo is on the way to me :). It should arrive in one or two days. At the moment, it's about 600 kilometers away from me.

/edit corrected the distance

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Today, I recieved my new DSTWO.
Shop: Vartis (germany)
Condition: The box has some crinkles but the box I sent in was in a matching condition. It's a new box with a new DSTWO card. The DSTWO seems to be new and it has a screw. I can take photos if you want me to. I think that it has been taken apart because there is a small gap between the cover and the back of the plastic shell.

Functionality *searching my microSD card, finding the wrong one and searching the other*: It's preflashed for the latest 3DS firmware. Everything works fine (at the moment).

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first DSTWO gave out on me as well. It wouldn't be detected most of the time, and when it did, it would freeze shortly after. No one could figure out the cause, so I'm guessing it was some kind of hardware failure more or less.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been many people over the many months I've watched the DSTWO forum with hardware problems, specifically the DSTWO losing connection while in use (freezing) or not even getting a full connection (error when loading). I can't really say whether the DSTWO is actually prone to failure, as the people who get it working fine have no reason to post on a forum, but whenever there is a problem, it's nearly always with the connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY