Homebrew .Duc to .Sav converter

abaddon41_80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first time ever I decided to download a couple saved games from GameFAQS and they came in .duc form. I tried converting them using Shuny's converter but it converted them to .sav.gz (I am not sure what that means). I tried putting that onto my flashcart but it didn't work. What do I do? Again, sorry about the noob question.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
The converter output a compressed savegame so the converted savegame is way smaller and it's better for my poor server
tongue.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:
The converter output a compressed savegame so the converted savegame is way smaller and it's better for my poor server
tongue.gif

I have a feeling you can tell the browsers the file is GZIP compressed, and all modern browsers will decompress on the fly, as it is a common method of reducing server load.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
arctic_flame said:
Shuny said:
tongue.gif

I have a feeling you can tell the browsers the file is GZIP compressed, and all modern browsers will decompress on the fly, as it is a common method of reducing server load.
It was already done but I put Content-Transfert-Encoding instead of Content-Encoding.

It works now
wink.gif

turtle100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey sorry for bringing this topic up again but like i clicked on the link n my source format was the .duc and the target was the .sav for the cyclods n it converted but wen i tried putting it into the memory card and tried playing the game for it i didnt have the saved game that was suppose to b on there

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure the name of the save is the same name as the game (ie mario kart DS.nds wont wont load the Save file if the .sav is Mario Kart DS(xenophobia).sav)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god your site is proper and even uses MIME Types. It can be a hellish nightmare of annoyingness for Opera users when people don't use MIME Types.

turtle100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did change the name like i tried it for my other games it didnt work so wen i decided to try out pokemon diamond i changed the file name to Pokemon Diamond.sav but it still didnt work or am i suppose to change the name then convert it? does it matter if i change the name after i convert it or before

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it doesnt matter. when you try to load a game does it ask to create a save? or does it load your game and the save itself doesnt work? im sure you know this but if you have a save already for a game, back it up, delete it then put your converted save.

turtle100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so like i convert it change the name and all of that n put it into my microsd then i turn on my ds n the cyclods n i go into pokemon diamond but i just have to start a new game there is nothing about a save file or anything it just the intro n stuff there is no continue option

jsb229

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i downloaded a sav. file from gamefaq that was for pokemon, i put the sav. file on my DS M3 simply and u started my game bu it just started a new game can anaone help me pls

jsb229
ps
this is what i want to do!
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2