Hacking Extract song from a Vita theme

ekblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys! So it might sound silly but I really really like the music in the 20th anniversary PlayStation Vita theme and I've been trying for the past couple days to get the file and convert it to .wav so that I can have the "raw" version saved with me but I haven't had any success with any of the tools that claim to convert .at9 files to .wav. From what I've been able to understand these official themes are basically encrypted and so you need to decrypt them before attempting to convert them but after hours of research I still haven't been able to figure out a way to do so. Is this something that is possible? Thanks in advance for any person that is willing to help!

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know how you did it but I tried myself and what I did was:
1.Have the theme installed and set on ps vita
2.Open vitashell and go to ur0:shell/theme
3,Copy the at9 file with vitashell to somewhere in ux0
4.Connect psvita to pc, copy the at9 file
5.Use https://github.com/XyLe-GBP/ATRACTool-Reloaded/releases
6. Select the file, let it finish converting to wav

It worked and all, since I tried with a persona 5 dancing theme I could compare with the ost release and it sounds good. The at9 file had 3.73 mb while the resulting wav file had 79.6 mb
Hope it helps
Edit: Seems like the name for the 20th anniversary file is 20th_home_forVITA_re.at9

Reactions: ekblue

ekblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, so what I did was find the theme on the internet and download it directly to my pc and then try to convert it to .at9 . I just followed your steps now and the file from the vita seems to be the same one I had, and it gives me the same error on ATRACTool Rel (Failed to decode the ATRACT file. Log: Not Supported Param)

Can you show me the conversion settings you have in the converter?

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, so what I did was find the theme on the internet and download it directly to my pc and then try to convert it to .at9 . I just followed your steps now and the file from the vita seems to be the same one I had, and it gives me the same error on ATRACTool Rel (Failed to decode the ATRACT file. Log: Not Supported Param)

Can you show me the conversion settings you have in the converter?
I didn't change anything, I just downloaded the latest release, the portable one, opened, dragged the file and clicked the convert to wav button and it did without any error, I even converted the 20th anniversary theme one. Try the portable one and put it somewhere like in C: or D:
I suspect it may have something to do with your username or long path name

Reactions: Subtle Demise

ekblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't change anything, I just downloaded the latest release, the portable one, opened, dragged the file and clicked the convert to wav button and it did without any error, I even converted the 20th anniversary theme one. Try the portable one and put it somewhere like in C: or D:
I suspect it may have something to do with your username or long path name
I changed the path to something else so now it's at P:\ATRACToolRelPortable\release-portable
and I got the portable version as you can see but still getting the same error message. Check the screenshot I attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_934.png
    Screenshot_934.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 6

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The easiest way is to search for "20th anniversary PlayStation Vita theme" on youtube. And use somehting like youtube to mp3 app to rip the song.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I changed the path to something else so now it's at P:\ATRACToolRelPortable\release-portable
and I got the portable version as you can see but still getting the same error message. Check the screenshot I attached.
Did you copy the file from the ps vita to your pc? It's not clear the way you worded if you did or not. Just set the theme on the vita and copy the file from ur0. It's the only thing I did, right click on the file on the pc and go to properties and see if you can "unlock" it. It should work without problem

ekblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you copy the file from the ps vita to your pc? It's not clear the way you worded if you did or not. Just set the theme on the vita and copy the file from ur0. It's the only thing I did, right click on the file on the pc and go to properties and see if you can "unlock" it. It should work without problem
Sorry, yes that's exactly what I did and now the file is on my pc. I also already have the file unlocked afaik (it wasn't even visible before). Still no luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_935.png
    Screenshot_935.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_936.png
    Screenshot_936.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 8

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, yes that's exactly what I did and now the file is on my pc. I also already have the file unlocked afaik (it wasn't even visible before). Still no luck.
The other thing you can try is using the compatibility tab and select either windows 10 or windows 7. I have windows 10 and it worked, it should work on windows 11 without having to do anything but since the program hasn't been updated for so many years maybe it has bugs because of that

ekblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The other thing you can try is using the compatibility tab and select either windows 10 or windows 7. I have windows 10 and it worked, it should work on windows 11 without having to do anything but since the program hasn't been updated for so many years maybe it has bugs because of that
Yea that's a good idea, and I was also thinking on trying it on my older laptop running Windows 7 :)
Post automatically merged:

I am perplexed, even on my laptop it's giving me the same error after following the same exact steps and compatibility mode didn't work either. This is just so mindboggling. Zekro, would it possible for you to send me the output .wav file?

Last edited by ekblue,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea that's a good idea, and I was also thinking on trying it on my older laptop running Windows 7 :)

I am perplexed, even on my laptop it's giving me the same error after following the same exact steps and compatibility mode didn't work either. This is just so mindboggling. Zekro, would it possible for you to send me the output .wav file?
When I get home I guess but I don't know if it's allowed to share.
I'm thinking, until I get home in a few hours, try to look into your antivirus settings since it might be possible it's blocking the program in some way. I don't know what else it could be since I didn't do anything other than download the portable version, it asked me to download net framework, after that it worked on the first try

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking, until I get home in a few hours, try to look into your antivirus settings since it might be possible it's blocking the program in some way. I don't know what else it could be since I didn't do anything other than download the portable version, it asked me to download net framework, after that it worked on the first try
The window makes me think that a redistributable is missing, but the text in the box seems like it's an error with a missing or corrupted codec.

OP, have you done these troubleshooting steps yet?
Capture.PNG

ekblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yea didn't think about the possibility of that not being allowed. I guess it is copyrighted content after all. Anyways I tried to turn off the antivirus and didn't help either. Also I did also download and install a net framework software.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yea didn't think about the possibility of that not being allowed. I guess it is copyrighted content after all. Anyways I tried to turn off the antivirus and didn't help either. Also I did also download and install a net framework software.
Darn. Well if no one else helps before I get back from work today, I will install this on my PC and see what I can do to help with this.

ekblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The window makes me think that a redistributable is missing, but the text in the box seems like it's an error with a missing or corrupted codec.

OP, have you done these troubleshooting steps yet?View attachment 427215
Yea, I have. I already had them installed :/

Darn. Well if no one else helps before I get back from work today, I will install this on my PC and see what I can do to help with this.
Thanks! Appreciate the help!

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From some testing with the AT9&AT3 Converter v2.3 and vita3k to decrypt the themes files, I have no problems at all doing the conversion and getting a working WAV file with it in Windows 10 Pro (no compat needed as it worked first time). I also had no problems with the 'full' version of ATRACTool Reloaded In Windows 10 Pro. The portable version from the makers Github (and here is where the solution may be for why it failed for you, was blocked by my AV when I tried to download it to the extent that I would have had to manually add an exception for it or disable my AV to download it). Both WAV files had identical MD5 checksums.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

ekblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From some testing with the AT9&AT3 Converter v2.3 and vita3k to decrypt the themes files, I have no problems at all doing the conversion and getting a working WAV file with it in Windows 10 Pro (no compat needed as it worked first time). I also had no problems with the 'full' version of ATRACTool Reloaded In Windows 10 Pro. The portable version from the makers Github (and here is where the solution may be for why it failed for you, was blocked by my AV when I tried to download it to the extent that I would have had to manually add an exception for it or disable my AV to download it). Both WAV files had identical MD5 checksums.
So I actually did try that AT9&AT3 Converter 2.3 converter before. It was weird because it would only output a 0 kb file and when googling the problem people would suggest to change the bitrate but in my case the option is greyed out! I just tried with the "full" version of ATRACTool and I am still getting the same error but unlike you none of my versions triggered the AV, although i did already try disabling it. I find all of this very strange. I'll try the AT9&AT3 Converter 2.3 again on my Win 7 laptop later today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_938.png
    Screenshot_938.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_939.png
    Screenshot_939.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 7

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure why it is failing. The sampling rate in the second screenshot is different from the first one you added so something is going wrong there. The first looks more consistant to a 16khz sampling rate which it should be. I'll post up the md5 checksum I have for the decrypted at9 file. If it differs from yours (I used the U.S. version of the theme) then that's where the problem might be I guess.

File: 20th_home_forVITA_re.at9

Size : 3.77 MB (3,960,360 bytes)
Size on disk : 3.77 MB (3,960,832 bytes)

CRC-32: 90d8e4da
MD4: 756ffa84dcce56614821cbccdfbd251f
MD5: 44193324e8b46ff0384ea3e3b0422d14
SHA-1: 341cbfe34727488aa07e7d5c7b5405e3bd60b0f8

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto