Hacking Dude trying to seel "WiiUnlocker" package...

Status
Not open for further replies.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wonder what his explanation is for this part of the guide.

Warning! If your Wii asks to upgrade to a newer version of the Homebrew channel when you launch the Homebrew Channel select "NO". The upgrade is not needed and will cause unnecessary complications with your WII console.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Straight from nintendo.com for anyone interested in getting this site axed.

Piracy Reports:
• To report infringing items on internet auction sites, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at [email protected]

• To report ROM sites, emulators, Game Copiers, Counterfeit manufacturing, or other illegal activities, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at [email protected]

• For any other legal inquiry or concern, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at [email protected]

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
This ones been around for ages, funny thing is you dont even need to pay to get what you need from his site, which he is wanting u to pay for.........lol
http://www.myhomebreware.com/members/membe...-version42.html

Usual stuff. loader is gx

I watched the video and the guy is an idiot. He can install BootMii as boot2 but he chose to install it as an IOS.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, after seeing that video, i see these people are more stupid than i thought. they seem like they followed some shitty guide online to "unlock" their wii and it worked so now they think they understand shit. but they dont. anybody following this guy's guide is stupid 1 - for paying for stuff thats free, and 2 - paying an idiot to be their wii- yoda.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fluganox said:
title: *sell (yes, it was a typo)

Link.

Tbh, looks like Hackmii Installer/BannerBomb, DVDx, USB Loader, Bootmii and Preloader. With Ocarina and some emulators thrown in there too...apparently for $29.95

This needs shutting down, I hope noone has actually bought from them.
Nobody noticed that he's using a reflink? (http://myhomebreware.com/?hop= pokapara) Poor man who has to earn money by this...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Just report his site to nintendo like an earlier poster said.

Any actual hacking of his site can land you in trouble as well, even if you're doing it "for a good cause" it's still illegal and punishable by jail time. Ever wonder why you meet so few successful website hackers online? You don't have internet access in jail, and when you get incarcerated for cyber crime you're usually barred from the internet when you get out.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
giantpune said:
what a coincidence... this douchebag is from scottsdale arizona just like the other one. it looks like he got enough money to register this one under a business name instead of his own name like he did the last one i saw.

http://whois.domaintools.com/myhomebreware.com

im gonna start making all my apps not work for people in scottsdale, az and anywhere within 30 miles of rockton Il. if this affects you, and you care about it at all, you can go to the address listed for this asshat and bitch at him.
incorrect, its a company that hides the whois from the public. as the owner of that site is a gbafail reader i can't give out more info then i already have.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Daco and I are really pretty close to bringing down myhomebreware.com . We've been working together on it for almost a month now. We're legally entitled to receive their contact information March 18th (we had a small battle with the people who host the proxy they run their site under) and we'll go from there. When it's all over, I'll tell everyone all about it ...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn, ad people fall for that. Normally, if you do a google search for hacking a wii, you'd normally end up here though, right? I just hope no people get ripped off too much. And a red ring of death guide? You can find that online too!

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Any actual hacking of his site can land you in trouble as well, even if you're doing it "for a good cause" it's still illegal and punishable by jail time.
If a person purchases this, you get these links after payment, no hacking required. Someone likely just bought it then posted the email with the links in it...likely still not legal, but it's not hacking.

BTW, I noticed that the main "Members area" page has since gone missing (getting a generic IIS 404 error). It's weird though that the guides are still present, so anyone with a cache of the page can find them easily.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
Any actual hacking of his site can land you in trouble as well, even if you're doing it "for a good cause" it's still illegal and punishable by jail time.
If a person purchases this, you get these links after payment, no hacking required. Someone likely just bought it then posted the email with the links in it...likely still not legal, but it's not hacking.

There was no protection on the pages. I'm not sure about US law, but if you leave something hooked up to the web without some sort of protection, it's your fault and not illegal for others to access. Same way you can't prosecute for breaking and entering if you left your door unlocked...

yellowperil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
There was no protection on the pages. I'm not sure about US law, but if you leave something hooked up to the web without some sort of protection, it's your fault and not illegal for others to access. Same way you can't prosecute for breaking and entering if you left your door unlocked...

uhhhhh no

You can be prosecuted for entering someones house, even if the door is open, ever heard of trespassing on private property......

One thing many people are not aware of is hacking in the UK is classed as a terrorist act and covered under the terrorist act, and you can be prosecuted under that act, since its very easy to enforce as soon as a terrorist act is enforced. Altering someones property without there permission whether to prove a point or whatever, will still be classed as hacking, unless you have there user name and password which they gave you, and permission to do it.
Hacking under UK law covers a very wide area, and using semantics like he had no protection wont cover you at all.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yellowperil said:
QUOTE said:

uhhhhh no

You can be prosecuted for entering someones house, even if the door is open, ever heard of illegally trespassing......

It's funny that, in England and Wales only if you're home only has one entrance. And there's no tresspas laws in Scotland.

Edit: Also breaking and entering is a different crime.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO said:
Daco and I are really pretty close to bringing down myhomebreware.com . We've been working together on it for almost a month now. We're legally entitled to receive their contact information March 18th (we had a small battle with the people who host the proxy they run their site under) and we'll go from there. When it's all over, I'll tell everyone all about it ...

So your breaking privacy laws just to take down a site? I don't care if their saling freeware, I hope you and their hosting site get sued!

yellowperil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
if the site is hosted in the US, you can request a take down notice, which can be done immediately, and then the owner of the site has to prove its not breaking any rules.

Usually a email to the host can take it down pretty quickly, especially if they know its doing something that breaks the law.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yellowperil said:
if the site is hosted in the US, you can request a take down notice, which can be done immediately, and then the owner of the site has to prove its not breaking any rules.

Usually a email to the host can take it down pretty quickly, especially if they know its doing something that breaks the law.

Yes this is true, but he says they got there contact info from the hosting company witch is illegal.

Example: If GBAtemp gave out a person's IP Address and local, the person woud have the right to sue GBAtemp's owner and have it shut down.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Altering someones property without there permission whether to prove a point or whatever, will still be classed as hacking, unless you have there user name and password which they gave you, and permission to do it.
First, since when is visiting a site the same as altering it? Second, there is no username/password because no login system exists to secure the content.

QUOTEYou can be prosecuted for entering someones house, even if the door is open, ever heard of illegally trespassing...
That's the same thing that came to my mind.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
This wouldn't have happened if you guys were nice and helpful to newbs.

I'd rather pay 30 dollars than get bashed by a random person on the interwebz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1