Hacking Dude trying to seel "WiiUnlocker" package...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluganox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
title: *sell (yes, it was a typo)

Link.

Tbh, looks like Hackmii Installer/BannerBomb, DVDx, USB Loader, Bootmii and Preloader. With Ocarina and some emulators thrown in there too...apparently for $29.95

This needs shutting down, I hope noone has actually bought from them.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
these assholes keep popping up like flies, it doesn't matter how many get shut down, another asshole takes his place... i'm starting to think there'll never truly be gone

I wish there was a forum on that site, or something, so we could at least tell people its all BS directly on the BS site

what we need is some1 who knows what they're doing, to get this fucking site (and all those like it) taken DOWN by any means necessary, legal or otherwise... if I was a real hacker (which i'm not, and i don't consider hacking the wii makes me a real hacker) I would try overloading his site and make sure it stays down... where's giantpune or some other evil genius when u need him... take this asshole down!!!

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't agree with this crap but I think they're only selling a tutorial video. Not the actual brew. I kinda feel like anyone naive enough to pay for this, deserves to be ripped off (and banished from internetz)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Old news. These scammers need to get a life.

I did a write up on the package and it's contents here if you're interested in what they're actually selling. 3rd post down: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=198...7&st=0&

QUOTE said:
I don't agree with this crap but I think they're only selling a tutorial video. Not the actual brew.
They claim this according to their "disclaimer" at the bottom of the page.

Either way, it's illegal because they bundled the hackmii installer and IOSes in the ZIPs that come with it.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what a coincidence... this douchebag is from scottsdale arizona just like the other one. it looks like he got enough money to register this one under a business name instead of his own name like he did the last one i saw.

http://whois.domaintools.com/myhomebreware.com

im gonna start making all my apps not work for people in scottsdale, az and anywhere within 30 miles of rockton Il. if this affects you, and you care about it at all, you can go to the address listed for this asshat and bitch at him.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
these assholes keep popping up like flies, it doesn't matter how many get shut down, another asshole takes his place... i'm starting to think there'll never truly be gone

I wish there was a forum on that site, or something, so we could at least tell people its all BS directly on the BS site

what we need is some1 who knows what they're doing, to get this fucking site (and all those like it) taken DOWN by any means necessary, legal or otherwise... if I was a real hacker (which i'm not, and i don't consider hacking the wii makes me a real hacker) I would try overloading his site and make sure it stays down... where's giantpune or some other evil genius when u need him... take this asshole down!!!
Ping flood much? Honestly, I can't wait... I get taught hacking in my college course... but only at the end of my last year. Sigh... guess I'll only be hacking come May next year. xD

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
just contact the web host and claim he has your copywrite data on it and will take legal action if its not removed

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dis IS DESPICABLE Thay SHOULD GO 2 JAIL

IF dis ISN'T FIXED BY teh TImez I DOWNLOAD 120 WII GAmezS FROM teh PIRATE BAY IM CALLin teh COPS

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
This kind of stuff really pisses me off... they charge as if they were installing THEIR software. They should charge less and say in their page that everything they install is free (and link to the pages where people could get them), and that they're charging only for the actual installation process. They still get money, and they do so without lying or breaking copyright!

EDIT: Oh wait the guy sells a DIY intruction manual, he doesn't install stuff. THAT is lame.

lazor said:
dis IS DESPICABLE Thay SHOULD GO 2 JAIL

IF dis ISN'T FIXED BY teh TImez I DOWNLOAD 120 WII GAmezS FROM teh PIRATE BAY IM CALLin teh COPS
I really loled with that xD

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
This kind of stuff really pisses me off... they charge as if they were installing THEIR software. They should charge less and say in their page that everything they install is free (and link to the pages where people could get them), and that they're charging only for the actual installation process. They still get money, and they do so without lying or breaking copyright!
HOW D r Thay DISTRIBUTE COPYriteED MATERIALS IN AN ILLEGITMATE MANNER, CALL teh COPS ON tehM NAO

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
lazor said:
davidsl_128 said:
HOW D r Thay DISTRIBUTE COPYriteED MATERIALS IN AN ILLEGITMATE MANNER, CALL teh COPS ON tehM NAO

looks like some one has a broken shift key

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
...Seems likely it's the anonymous user. But even if it's not...

WHOEVER YOU ARE, YOU NEED TO DIE AN SLOW PAINFUL DEATH AND GET SENT STRAIGHT TO HELL AFTERWARDS.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
I KNOW YOU are lurking out there and most likely mocking us in your posts. I know I have spoken with YOU before, but I have not figured it out yet. I will only have confirmation when I break into your house and steal your computers and beer. At that point I will start a vigilante renascence group with torches and pitchforks and an attitude that by looks could kill even the already ugliest of stupid bitches. By the time we leave, there will be nothing left but the blazing fury of my hell that I left behind. Thank you.

Renaissance.
smile.gif

But that's beside the point. That's uh... some strong words, at a minimum.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
SFenton said:
Renaissance.
smile.gif

But that's beside the point. That's uh... some strong words, at a minimum.
"Thank you Lauren" --Brian Griffen
Well, I'll fix it.

Well, there a slight bit of comic humor, but you have to understand, it is fucking wrong. Out of what the strongest people in this community do for free and someone just leeches off of it, thats just cruelly wrong.

Absolutely. And that's what's wrong with piracy as well- except the devs actually get paid for it. But to distance myself from that and stay on-track, I'll stick with the notion that selling people's work for free is terrible.

And on a side note, I firmly believe that hacking someone's Wii for a price is different than selling the tools for a price. Not that it's been brought up or anything, nor does it pertain to the topic, but it's worth mentioning.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don' think there is anything wrong with charging people to mod theirs wiis via craigslist of whatever but selling others peoples work isn't right at all.I mod wiis and have done ads on craigslist but all they are paying me for is to install the mods not the software or any games or anything.I also keep backups of every nand if its able to be installed as boot2.I also offer them support anytime they have questions or problems.I have never had someone complain about anything I've done and most of the time they refer their friends and family to me.

I've seen this guys ad for some time now and it just bugs the shit outta me what he charges.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/vgm/1630312359.html

Feel free to mess with him.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The site the OP is talking about i see it posted on craigslist all the time.
At least i think it's the same one i tried looking on craigslist and couldn't find the ad again because it usually gets flagged pretty quick.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
I don' think there is anything wrong with charging people to mod theirs wiis via craigslist of whatever but selling others peoples work isn't right at all.I mod wiis and have done ads on craigslist but all they are paying me for is to install the mods not the software or any games or anything.I also keep backups of every nand if its able to be installed as boot2.I also offer them support anytime they have questions or problems.I have never had someone complain about anything I've done and most of the time they refer their friends and family to me.

I've seen this guys ad for some time now and it just bugs the shit outta me what he charges.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/vgm/1630312359.html

Feel free to mess with him.
There was no "prices are rape" flag, so I flagged it for "prohibited"
tongue.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The guy isn't even located near me so its not like me and him are competing for wii mods or anything it just bugs me the prices he charges.Like $2 for installing each wiiware or vc game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy: uh, went out the door, owner saw me. FORGOT MY CLOTHES :tpi::rofl2::blush: +1