Dying Light 2 developers request patience, offer a glimpse at the game so far

Fans eager to get their hands on Dying Light 2 have been making sure to let development team Techland know how excited they are for the upcoming sequel to 2015's Dying Light, some in nicer terms than others. The dev team released an update video reading through some of those eager followers comments on Twitter and YouTube, before following up with a request for patience as they work to make sure the game lives up to the high expectations and standards, and suggested that they'll be ready to start talking about the game "very, very soon."

The video ended with a brief look at some in game footage, giving fans both patient and impatient a glimpse at what's to come, and what the team has been working on. The preview ended with confirmation that a 2021 release date is still the goal for the game. Dying Light 2 is scheduled to be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and S, and Microsoft Windows systems.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know it has been quite some time since Dying Light 2 was announced. But people really have to be patient. Do they really want this to release in the same state Cyberpunk 2077 was released? I sure as hell don't.

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say they take their time with it and not release a complete turd. I think most devs are spooked after what happened to every AAA release this past year - the Internet shit on pretty much every one of them...

Last edited by mattyxarope,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It was Chris Avellone they had fired in the past for allegations of sexual harassment (without an investigation). Much more recently, Pawel Selinger left Techland, though his role as writer is reportedly complete. It will be interesting to see if he just built on what Avellone had already written, or if the writing style is consistent throughout.

Despite all that, gameplay is looking very nice.

DrPerkeleeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People really should calm down. If they expect a great game then they should wait until it's done. Better wait a bit longer and get the real deal. We've seen the disaster with Cyberpunk 2077....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...