E3 2011 Conferences

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, once shooters get on the Wii U, mainstream gamers will certainly take notice (even though I hate them so).

KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
Tanveer said:
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:
Seriously. Why are people making a big fuss about the name?
ITS JUST A NAME! Its not defining its hardware or what its capable of.
Because it's named so similarly to the Wii.
People will misunderstand and think "it's just a fancy controller, waste of money"
Hell, even I thought it was a Wii accessory it wasn't until after the conference it was an actual new console, Nintendo didn't drive home that it was a new console they just talked about how exciting the prospect of a screen in a controller is and showed the new features off.
Well, PS2 and PS3 sounds the same except the number at the end?
Wii-U.. I dont see why people would misunderstand?
Trust me, you don't know how many people I know think the 3DS is just "The 3D one" (their exact words). That's why they don't buy it.

Well, they are right. It is the 3d Ds.
No, it's a Nintendo 3-Dimensional System. It's not a Nintendo Dual Screen, though it does have them.
I know that, what I meant was it's just a ds with 3d.
You must specify. I stated both the 3DS and DS names. a Nintendo DS, last generation's system, it's full name is Nintendo Dual Screen. The 3DS, the current generation system, it's full name is 3-Dimensional System. It is not a Nintendo Dual Screen so it is not a DS. The "DS" in 3DS is not interchangeable with the "DS" in Nintendo Dual Screen. Thus, a 3DS is a 3DS and not a DS. Nothing less, nothing more.
Alright, alright. It's just the way they look that makes me think that. They both look the same, each have dual screens, it's just that the 3ds has 3d. That's what I think. I know it's new console, but it's just an another ds with more stuff to me.
I'm fine with that.

*Defense Attorney mode off*

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Zelda demo on GT TV guys
wink.gif

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Wever said:
Tanveer said:
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
smile72 said:
Hope Nintendo will change the name because parents are stupid, they won't buy this for their kids, if they think it's just an add on to the Wii. Wii U, sucks anyway. And the design of the controller is so poor.

dont buy it then millions of others will instead.
Seriously. Why are people making a big fuss about the name?
ITS JUST A NAME! Its not defining its hardware or what its capable of.
It's not that black and white, mate.

A name makes a big part of the reputation and the worse you make it, the harder it gets for the audience to overcome that first impression. I bet the name "wheee" made a large part of the reputation of it being a kiddy console.

Also: I'll most likely get one anyway, but I be damned if I'm going to try to convince my friends to get one if it has a ridiculous name like that.
How did the Wii start?
Not too well huh? people made big fuz about the name, and where are we now?

Anyone making fun of the name?

It wasnt the "wheee" that made people buy it.. it was just a interactive family console to start with and attracted both kids and adults.

With Wiis collecting dust?

@machomuu

The problem with this is that if you're a "hardcore" FPS fan, what has been keeping you from already buying a 360/PS3? Like I said, they needed to lock an exclusive.

KrimsoN111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name is not the point, good or bad for them it doesn't matter. even if on release some people are confused give it a few months and they'll figure it out.
it's just a name.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Wii U won't upscale Wii games, that's a shame, I was really looking forward to it, my wet dream would be Dolphin kind of graphics for Wii on the Wii U !
I was even committed to buy some games ( I'm pretty sure my backups won't work on the new system! )..........but hey, I'm better off upgrading my PC so that Dolphin would run even smoother
wink.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
@machomuu

The problem with this is that if you're a "hardcore" FPS fan, what has been keeping you from already buying a 360/PS3? Like I said, they needed to lock an exclusive.
Nothing. And that's a good thing. If we get too many mainstream gamers on the Wii U then devs will take notice and bloat the Wii U with generic shooters.

QUOTE(Arm73 @ Jun 7 2011, 02:27 PM) The Wii U won't upscale Wii games, that's a shame, I was really looking forward to it, my wet dream would be Dolphin kind of graphics for Wii on the Wii U !
I was even committed to buy some games ( I'm pretty sure my backups won't work on the new system! )..........but hey, I'm better off upgrading my PC so that Dolphin would run even smoother
wink.gif
You just gave me the greatest homebrew idea ever: PCSX 2 Wii.
Instant buy.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
WiiU!WiiU!WiiU!WiiU!WiiU!WiiU! You hear that? That's the ambulance coming, because the Nintendo brand is dead.
Let the console come out first before saying anything.

KrimsoN111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
WiiU!WiiU!WiiU!WiiU!WiiU!WiiU! You hear that? That's the ambulance coming, because the Nintendo brand is dead.
No wonder he got defensive...sony fanboy....
glare.gif
anyway...new zelda? you mean skyward sword, right?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:

People have been saying that for years "Why don't they just make a console exactly the same as the other two, why aren't they just like Sony and MS, ths is it, they're finished" and yet they keep just being Nintendo and leaving the other two playing catch up.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
KrimsoN111 said:
TwinRetro said:
No wonder he got defensive...sony fanboy....
glare.gif
anyway...new zelda? you mean skyward sword, right?

No one got defensive, dude, you just have trouble telling the difference between stating a "fact", and stating an opinion, and FYI, I don't own one Sony product, but you would know that if you knew a damn thing about me.

Cheers.
yay.gif

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
TwinRetro said:

People have been saying that for years "Why don't they just make a console exactly the same as the other two, why aren't they just like Sony and MS, ths is it, they're finished" and yet they keep just being Nintendo and leaving the other two playing catch up.

That's the problem here. The Nintendo is playing catch up and it shows. They aren't innovating anything. The tablet screams "iPad", streaming to a handheld has been done, and the third party support are all ports right now. And much like the early life of the 360 vs. ps3, those third party games will be ports because developers aren't going to be spending time developing solely for the wiiu. It's a year and a half away, which gives MS and Sony chances to show their new tech, which will end up surpassing the WiiU meaning down ports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...