EA Blames Users For Jedi Survivor's Bad Performance

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EA has decided that it's our own fault that the new Jedi Survivor runs like a broken mess on PC..

Stupid people running new hardware on Windows 10 instead of upgrading to Windows 11 :rolleyes:

lNwRvwj.jpg

Thanks EA! I'm so dumb because I initially thought it was poorly optimised code and rushed launch that lead to this..

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're holding it wrong?
====

Should be easy enough to compare performance on the same PC with Windows 10 / Windows 11.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Meh, not updating to Windows 11 anytime soon. It's just Windows 10, but worse at everything. In fact, since I'm not gaming on PC that much, I'm using Linux on an old laptop, it has been a while since I touched Windows.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
"Your hardware was simply too powerful for our game, that we, in our infinite grace and wisdom, designed to work on weaker hardware to make it accessible to you UNGRATEFUL PLEBS."
Can’t even laugh react that as it’s likely the thought process they used.. Just sad really…

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Meh, not updating to Windows 11 anytime soon. It's just Windows 10, but worse at everything. In fact, since I'm not gaming on PC that much, I'm using Linux on an old laptop, it has been a while since I touched Windows.
Debating on moving my laptop to Linux. Been using it again for about a month on my desktop and gaming has been great, so has productivity. If Windows is the issue here, it may be time to make the switch. :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EA and their lack of imcompetence, they still haven't learned from their mistakes.

Debating on moving my laptop to Linux. Been using it again for about a month on my desktop and gaming has been great, so has productivity. If Windows is the issue here, it may be time to make the switch. :rofl2:

I've also been planning on moving to Linux despite having issues with Windows, but there are still programs like "Photoshop" that I use which still requires Windows. Screw Wine on Linux for being so shit.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hardware Unboxed tested it on both W10 and W11 and found next to no difference. In fact, it was slightly better on W10 :lol:
I watched that. Got a good laugh out of it. Really makes me wonder though…
Post automatically merged:

EA and their lack of imcompetence, they still haven't learned from their mistakes.

I've also been planning on moving to Linux despite having issues with Windows, but there are still programs like "Photoshop" that I use which still requires Windows. Screw Wine on Linux for being so shit.
Yeah, WINE is far from perfect. Still, haven’t had any major issues for what I need. May even toy with a VM again for the few products that don’t yet work.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From what I hear, Jedi Survivors also doesn't perform all that well on PS5 - when that should be piss-easy compared to PC considering every single PS5 has exactly the same architecture and specs.

wtf ea

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I hear, Jedi Survivors also doesn't perform all that well on PS5 - when that should be piss-easy compared to PC considering every single PS5 has exactly the same architecture and specs.

wtf ea
That's Xbox, PS5 is currently the least buggiest way to play it.

mrparrot2

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That reminds me when I upgraded to a hyperthreaded Pentium 4 and XP and many games did not run out of the box because of poor implemented multithreading locks, and I Just assumed the machine were too fast for the games :P

In both cases, It is bullshit. Proper implemented locks must work in multicore configurarions and the blame is on the programmer. Same thing here for the performance issues.

MoshpitWorkout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's like they're treating the PC as a console. They built the game for a specific type of computer and now they're annoyed that people who don't have that exact configuration are experiencing problems.

In their defence making games that work well for various PC builds is hard...

In the opposite of their defence it's a triple-A game from FUCKING EA. They have the money and resources to do this right, they just choose not to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN