EA Refuse to Refund SimCity - Possible account ban if you take action

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I found a pretty intensive review of SimCity, and I think it sums the whole game up nicely. Amazing features and everything, why are people upset about some kind of nonexistent issue? Oh, the review is here.

The refunding problems will hit legal issues especially in Europe. I don't know the exact wordings, but the country's laws > corporate "laws". While the contract may say what they like, it's the legislation of said country that has the final word. In most cases it's "refund has to be possible till X days or unless product doesn't work as described".

Reactions: triassic911
D

Deleted-188346

Never forget that we have the power to make any gaming company do what we want, just take the right actions at the right moment.
Actually no. Video Game Publishers actually have more power than us.

Have you ever seen a boycott of a video game actually work? Of course not, because the people saying "I'm boycotting ____" represent about 0.005% of the population that purchase games. Gamers are a disorganized, inconsistent, and easily manipulable crowd. Marketing is more powerful than a bunch of forum users, redditors, 4chaners, etc. crying for people to boycott.

Reactions: Ergo

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course not, because the people saying "I'm boycotting ____" represent about 0.005% of the population that purchase games.

And most of them purchase the game anyway.

Anyone remember the Modern Warfare 2 boycott?

j09LnAp.png

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And most of them purchase the game anyway.

Anyone remember the Modern Warfare 2 boycott?

j09LnAp.png
You know what, this talk about Boycotting has got me inspired. I'm gonna Boycott the Pokemon anime until they bring Veronica Taylor back.

Oh shit.. the new episode just finished downloading... okay ima talk to you guys later.

Reactions: triassic911

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, this talk about Boycotting has got me inspired. I'm gonna Boycott the Pokemon anime until they bring Veronica Taylor back.

Oh shit.. the new episode just finished downloading... okay ima talk to you guys later.

I don't blame ya, English dubs for most anime are done professionally...oh wait.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
EA, what the hEAll
kinda reminds me of what ubi is doing with AC3. they say for the pc version,
you: My game runs at 10 FPS in boston. It's not playable!
Ubi: Please send us your specifications as PCs have multiple configurations
you: Its an i5 with AMD Radeon 6990 Crossfire with 6GB RAM
Ubi: Please send a report using our support
you: Okay done, what can I do while I wait for a solution
Ubi: There are a couple of things that can be done. Try switching off vsync and lowering the in game graphics options. Also make sure your drivers are updated. Thank you
Later
you: I have received a reply that the issue has been forwarded to the upper management, how long will this take?
Ubi: We are trying to resolve the issue, please try the other options mentioned in our support.
you: But there is no difference!
Ubi: Thank you for purchasing AC3.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
because you'll accept inferiority for convenience?

/just answering the question honestly
Seeing as I play retro games on handhelds, and handhelds in general, "Why, yes! That's exactly right!". Although I do enjoy gaming on my non-gaming laptop as well. Stuff like Disciples II, Humble Bundles, and so on.

...inferiority can be so fun.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER