Status
Not open for further replies.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really looking forward to this. I've been using the crap out of the XBC2 editor and it's such a pain to constantly switch between PC and Switch, keep re-entering RCM and all of that. Having a Switch based editor would be amazing!

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

thomasnet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@WerWolv should be thanked more. I only did the base work, as I don't have much time he did everything else.
But as soon as I'll get back home, I'll implement whatever functionality is needed!

Reactions: comput3rus3r

PEKKA4597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some values changed yeah. Wait for the next release since right now a lot of things are WIP
What exactly changed about the way you parse the json? Does a new value need to be added to the file or is some part of the parsing function not written yet?

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What exactly changed about the way you parse the json? Does a new value need to be added to the file or is some part of the parsing function not written yet?

Baaically everything will change because I'm in the process of implememting Lua parse modules. I will update the documentation once everything's ready

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

AshuraBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to create json file for Octopath's demo in the way that I can (please see hyperlinked to screenshot) https://imgur.com/1jt0len edit the highlighted part to 0000 (it's to reset playtime to 00:00 How should I write the code? Thank you

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I noticed a bunch more commits did he fix offsets. I want to use the offsets I used in my windows editor
If you want to use write a config file now, wait. I basically rewrote the whole config system so you'd have to do everything twice. Wait for the Lua system to release and start then

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I ran into an issue unfortunately. I made a backup of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. A little later I restored it and according to the message on screen it was successful. But when I load the game, all save slots appear to be empty.

Any idea what I could try? I have already transferred the backup into the Checkpoint folder structure and used Checkpoint to restore again - same issue.

I am running out of ideas... Any help would be appreciated!

thomasnet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using the last version (from GitHub)? That's weird. If the backup itself is corrupted that may be a problem (it looks like it)...
Can someone dump their save with Checkpoint before trying with EdiZon to see if they have the same problem? Don't have DKTF.

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using the last version (from GitHub)? That's weird. If the backup itself is corrupted that may be a problem (it looks like it)...
Can someone dump their save with Checkpoint before trying with EdiZon to see if they have the same problem? Don't have DKTF.
The backup was done with version 1.0.4. I just created a new backup with this EdiZon version and in addition with the latest Checkpoint. The files are identical.

Looking at the binary savegame file, it is apparently ok or at least comparable to the new backups. At least as far as you can judge in a binary file...

Looks like I have to start over with DKTF. :cry:

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The backup was done with version 1.0.4. I just created a new backup with this EdiZon version and in addition with the latest Checkpoint. The files are identical.

Looking at the binary savegame file, it is apparently ok or at least comparable to the new backups. At least as far as you can judge in a binary file...

Looks like I have to start over with DKTF. :cry:

If you just create a new save file and then backing it up and restoring it right away using the latest version of EdiZon, is the freshly created file gone as well?
For me it seems kinda odd that exactly one game doesn't work. I haven't had problems with any of mine

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you just create a new save file and then backing it up and restoring it right away using the latest version of EdiZon, is the freshly created file gone as well?
For me it seems kinda odd that exactly one game doesn't work. I haven't had problems with any of mine
I tested exactly this, and it worked completely fine. Even with the old version of Edizon. It‘s really strange. I am afraid that a sector of the SD card might have been corrupted (or even the NAND in the Switch) and this lead to the problem.

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nonetheless: this bit of my save dump makes me think that Edizon might actually be the culprit: Á010000000001000Á0.json

A json file doesn't sound like it belonged in the savegame. At least it didn't appear in any other of my test saves...

--

Update: my hunch was right. The data mentioned above (together with some more) in the middle of the save file doesn't belong there. I was actually able to repair my savegame (:toot:) by using a fresh savegame as the basis and then overwriting the first 6k bytes of the savegame with the data from my corrupted savegame. Luckily that first part was apparently fine, DKTF let's me continue now where I left off!

Thanks for the discussion. That really helped sparking some new ideas!

@thomasnet: does this json filename or whatever it is ring any bells?

And now - back to playing! :yayswitch:

Last edited by mav2010,
Reactions: WerWolv

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nonetheless: this bit of my save dump makes me think that Edizon might actually be the culprit: Á010000000001000Á0.json

A json file doesn't sound like it belonged in the savegame. At least it didn't appear in any other of my test saves...

--

Update: my hunch was right. The data mentioned above (together with some more) in the middle of the save file doesn't belong there. I was actually able to repair my savegame (:toot:) by using a fresh savegame as the basis and then overwriting the first 6k bytes of the savegame with the data from my corrupted savegame. Luckily that first part was apparently fine, DKTF let's me continue now where I left off!

Thanks for the discussion. That really helped sparking some new ideas!

@thomasnet: does this json filename or whatever it is ring any bells?

And now - back to playing! :yayswitch:

That JSON file looks like our config file for Super Mario Odyssey (0100000000010000.json) but those Á look like it got corrupted somehow. I honestly have no clue how it ended up in there (except may be something went wrong during backup/restore and EdiZon started writing random RAM values to your save file)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Better call Pedro you're up in smoke