'Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes' is now available

eiyuden.jpg

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, the spiritual successor to Suikoden, was expected to launch last year but was eventually delayed. The game is now available as of this week and a launch trailer has been aired:

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is now available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC (via EGS, GOG, and Steam).

:arrow: SOURCE

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Regardless of what ProJared might've said in his "must-buy" video, I would not recommend picking this game up.
Just like Unicorn Overlord, this game has unfortunately been ruined by politically-minded localisers - Link 1, Link 2.

I hate how so much of Japanese media these days is being tainted and destroyed by these unforgivable jackasses - they could've done a straight translation, which would've been far superior to this, but nope; need to force in DEI propaganda to meet ESG requirements...sigh.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of what ProJared might've said in his "must-buy" video, I would not recommend picking this game up.
Just like Unicorn Overlord, this game has unfortunately been ruined by politically-minded localisers - Link 1, Link 2.

I hate how so much of Japanese media these days is being tainted and destroyed by these unforgivable jackasses - they could've done a straight translation, which would've been far superior to this, but nope; need to force in DEI propaganda to meet ESG requirements...sigh.
I emailed [email protected] to voice concern. Hopefully they patch in a more accurate translation for the game.

Thank you for contacting Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Support Team.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us and apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

We will be sure to pass your feedback to the localization team to use as an important point of reference for our operations going forward.

If you have any gameplay-related questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the following support desk.

▼Game-related inquiries (We will not be able to provide strategy information)
[email protected]

For bug-related inquiries, please refer to the following URL.
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/hundredheroes/

Once again, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused, but ask for your understanding.

Rabbit & Bear Studios

Last edited by zfreeman,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How bad is it? Did it not live up to the hype as a Suikoden spiritual successor?
It's not bad.

There is a certain group of people whose only objective is to rile people up and instigate outrage that is attacking the game, including doing things like doxing the people who worked on the localization.

Is the localization perfect? God no. Hardly any localization ever is. But the "issues" are incredibly overblown and don't really detract from the experience at all.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah the internet slang in an Ancient Far East fantasy game is really anachronistic and nonsensical. I'm all for casual banter and comic relief, but this is just overboard. They gave it the Ghost Stories treatment, but the source material deserved a little more respect IMO. There are a few mods that attempt to fix this at least, but no idea if they're going to be taken down or if they are high quality mods.

EDIT: Also, I was way more excited about the Suikoden remasters, but I guess I am just going to play the old digital copies I bought on PS3 years ago instead, since the remaster became vaporware. They've aged just fine IMO.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was sad news to hear that Yoshitaka Murayama passed away. At least his last project was able to be completed. I want to give this game a try, at some point. I also want to do playthroughs of all five Suikoden games from scratch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k