Emo Video Clip...LOL

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Normally the kind of music I like, but leeettttsss saaaayyyy eveeerrryyything reeeaallllyyyy slllooowwwwwllllyyyyy... because that won't get irritating. I want to comment on the face-hair-wide creepy eyes combo but the good side of my conscience just won't let me
happy.gif

As for genre-name wars, why do people care about the "real meanings" so much? As long as people have a vague idea what you're talking about it really doesn't matter what you call it. People who use accurate, obscure lists of sub-genres to describe what they like drive me up the wall. EBM, trance industrial, who cares; just say dance smashed with a bit of metal and be done with it.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Normally the kind of music I like, but leeettttsss saaaayyyy eveeerrryyything reeeaallllyyyy slllooowwwwwllllyyyyy... because that won't get irritating. I want to comment on the face-hair-wide creepy eyes combo but the good side of my conscience just won't let me
happy.gif

As for genre-name wars, why do people care about the "real meanings" so much? As long as people have a vague idea what you're talking about it really doesn't matter what you call it. People who use accurate, obscure lists of sub-genres to describe what they like drive me up the wall. EBM, trance industrial, who cares; just say dance smashed with a bit of metal and be done with it.
And you've survived being on these forums HOW? hehe
wacko.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
...So someone tell me what's supposed to be funny about that video? I don't get it.

I agree about your opinion the whole genre thing Psyfira
wink.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just want to make clear that those posers (black hair, whiney, "emo-kids") that gives emo a bad rep.... and that sucks.. (because it's the best genre of all time).

quoting One Way (2001):
"Many have tried and failed to describe what the heck emo is. Well, if somebody asks, point them toward the Juliana Theory. JT's punk beats, pop attitude, and heartfelt lyrics are what the subgenre is all about."

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I just want to make clear that those posers (black hair, whiney, "emo-kids") that gives emo a bad rep.... and that sucks.. (because it's the best genre of all time).

scenekids
ugggg

make me laugh though, female skinny jeans, ass hanging wright outta them too
and the rest of the stuff that makes them 'emo'

im just fed up of labelling all togehter

wh people don't dress and act they way they want, instead acting like sheep, i don't know

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

scenekids
ugggg

make me laugh though, female skinny jeans, ass hanging wright outta them too
and the rest of the stuff that makes them 'emo'

im just fed up of labelling all togehter

wh people don't dress and act they way they want, instead acting like sheep, i don't know
Sorry, to me thats cross-dressing. SOme of those "emo kids" look better in those jeans than most women I've seen in this area
wtf.gif
Its the 80's hair band all over again. "Wow, a chick leading White Snake, she's hot.....W.....T......F......!?!?!?!?!"

TheStump

Got Wood?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i actually got a reply from the bands lead singer.
from my comment;
"is this a joke? Like are you guys making fun of indie/emo bands or are you actually serious?"
-ME

they replied

"you have a banner on your page that links to your "little green" man web game, and youre asking us if WERE a joke? you gotta be fucking kidding man.

were a rock band. rock and roll."

~jonathan

the banner was in regards to some old work i had up on my myspace site. I LOL's so much at that comment i decided to reply.

my reply
Code:
"you have a banner on your page that links to your "little green" man web game, and youre asking us if WERE a joke?"

WTF, does that have to do with my opinion of your band? are you trying to suggest I'm like a 'sellout' or something? LOL!

BTW i really do feel sorry for you though, i do wonder how many people you reply to, please I'm honored but at least waste your time relpying to your actual 13 year old fans.
Im not gunna bother Crucifying you on the style of music or the image your guys want to portray, but come on "were a rock band. rock and roll." please, save it. Like you dont really take your self seriously do you? Plus the video clip i commented on, from a film students perspective, kudos to the crew in charge of your video it looks great but your bands nuances and image is a joke? Honestly and im not exaggerating when i say this but when i watched that video i was actaully laughing at your head turns and the part were you grab some guys water bottle and throw it (whats up with that, NOW THATS HARDCORE). Plus when i showed my family especially my mother and girlfriend they were in Hysterics as well, i showed my mother and she replied "are these guys for real?". Â
Though in hindsight the Darkness can make fun of themselves and still have respect in my opinion, because they dont take themselves seriously.
But really why did you even reply to my comment, geeze take some god damn criticism, some one dosn't like you, its not the end of the world, shrug and be done with it. You could have spent that time thinking of more things to complain about and ways to cash in on teenage depression.
From a band that was probably made through myspace though, i expect nothing less.

"you gotta be fucking kidding man." thats the same thing i thought when i watched your video.
And please if you have no real argument dont bother replying to me in the first place, wow i have a link on my page to some of my work from university, i have no soul. Grow up and start writing things people will respect your for. Take a page out of Death Cab for Cuties book and start impressing people with your words not your image.

~Jay

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I found it a little unfair to Death Cab for Cutie that you'd lead someone like Jonathan towards them. Poor Death Cab XD

BTW, they make the Darkness seem more like Ozzy, IMHO...

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow...

I don't think it's possible to be fake singing more than that.

Why is he over emphasizing EVERY word. You can't move your mouth like that and get that sound. It just doesn't happen.

Hellfenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I consider myself to be emo.
The stereotypes make me angry though cause people think I wanna cut my veins and be angsty while I'm probably the happiest person you'll find on the street!
Death cab is truly awesome and more bands should listen to their lyrics instead of just going "HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME" simple plan style... ugh!

Here's something to laugh about too, I like this one better than the OP one though lol but the singer believes in himself a bit TOOOO much and he's creepy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.