Emuparadise will no longer offer ROMs or warez

guOlR4A.png

For many years, people have referred to "the paradise site" as one of the best places to obtain ROMs of games. From the NES, to the GBA, to the PS2, and more, this site hosted thousands of games. Of course, doing so will bring about the ire of video game developers, and it appeared that Nintendo might have led to the site having to remove many of its ROMs from Nintendo systems as of last year. Now, after 18 years, things seem to be more dire, as Emuparadise will no longer host illegal content or ROMs. The site itself will still be around, and you'll be able to participate on their forums and download emulators, however all "warez" will be removed. The owner of the site plans to have Emuparadise be a retro gaming community, heavily changing how things have been for nearly two decades.

Many of you are aware that the situation with regards to emulation sites has been changing recently. What you probably don't know is that we at EmuParadise have been dealing with similar issues for all 18 years of our existence.

From receiving threatening letters in the early days to our hosts suddenly shutting down our servers due to complaints, we've seen it all. We've always complied with takedown requests but as you can see, that is no guarantee of anything.

I started EmuParadise 18 years ago because I never got to play many of these amazing retro games while growing up in India and I wanted other people to be able to experience them. Over the years, many folks have joined in and contributed to this vision and I think I can say that we've been successful in spreading our passion for retro games far and wide.

Through the years I've worked tirelessly with the rest of the EmuParadise team to ensure that everyone could get their fix of retro gaming. We've received thousands of emails from people telling us how happy they've been to rediscover and even share their childhood with the next generations in their families. We've had emails from soldiers at war saying that the only way they got through their days was to be lost in the retrogames that they played from when they were children. We've got emails from brothers who have lost their siblings to cancer and were able to find solace in playing the games they once did as children. There are countless stories like these.

It's been a long and beautiful journey with many ups and downs. When I started EmuParadise things could have gone either way. But right now the direction they are going in could not be more than clear.

So where does that leave us?

It's not worth it for us to risk potentially disastrous consequences. I cannot in good conscience risk the futures of our team members who have contributed to the site through the years. We run EmuParadise for the love of retro games and for you to be able to revisit those good times. Unfortunately, it's not possible right now to do so in a way that makes everyone happy and keeps us out of trouble.

This is an extremely emotional decision for me after running this site for so many years. But I believe it is the right thing for us at this point of time.

Thus, we have decided to make a new start. We will continue to be passionate retro gamers and will keep doing cool stuff around retro games. But you won't be able to get your games from here for now. Where we go with this is up to us and up to you.

We'll still have our emulators database, the community, and everything that comes along with that.

We have already made several plans of what is going to happen next. It's going to be a fun new beginning and there's going to be lots to come! We'd also love to hear from you in the comments about what you think we should do. But for now, we need to make this change. We've served the community for 18 glorious years and it's been a hell of a ride!

But every end is a new beginning and we're excited to find a way forward to continue being your #1 emulation destination.

Thank you for supporting us through this journey. We could not have done so much without you visiting us, telling your friends about us, uploading screenshots and descriptions, telling us when something was wrong, letting us know when we messed up, and more. Thank you for being a part of our community and encouraging us through all these years.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm tempted to say this is another victim of Nintendo's nefarious doings.
Gives me more of a reason to not give Nintendo any money at all.
Why can't they simply follow Sega's example and let them be?
I don't see Sega losing Sonic or any IP over ROM sites or fangames/romhacks.

F U Nintendo.

Ever since LoveROMs went down, I've been thinking about backing up entire romsets from NES all the way up to DS, guess it is time to do so now...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tempted to say this is another victim of Nintendo's nefarious doings.
I don't see Sega losing Sonic or any IP over ROM sites or fangames/romhacks.

F U Nintendo.

Ever since LoveROMs went down, I've been thinking about backing up entire romsets from NES all the way up to DS, guess it is time to do so now...

Yeah, no kidding, I'm downloading as many ROM sets as I can, and then gonna be backing those up to a couple of USB HDDs to spite Nintendo :creep: :lol:

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is so sad alexa play despacito.
but seriously, this was my only source for roms and shit. Very sad to see it go. also all other rom websites are stupid viruses.

Last edited by Rabbid4240,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emuparadise was one of my favorite places too. I wonder whether or not this will affect their forums? Back when they first started removing Nintendo roms from their site, you could still go in the forums and download full rom sets that included them, posted by other members. Will Emuparadise turn into a forum like GBATemp, where such links are forbidden?

There will always be alternative places to go to, but I really enjoyed Emuparadise. I hope this isn't the end of Emuparadise as we know it.

Reactions: Hondyn

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fuck Nintendo seriously.
This is a dick move all around to rom and emulation scenes.
I will backup as many full romsets as I can from everything Nintendo, they will not get a fucking penny out of me from old consoles.
Heck I am even thinking if I should give them money at all with current gens until they stop this empire bullshit attitude.

Reactions: Deleted User

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What irks me about Emuparadise ending warez is that it was definitely one of the most complete and comprehensive collections of individual roms available for downloading and it did so in a user-friendly fashion for the most part.

Rom sites today are less and less hosting a database of roms for people to download from and more and more about fucking your browser with advertisements, ad-supported links, and forcing shitty pay2download practices down your throat as hard as they can. (the first two you can usually get around at least, but the last one is a pain in the ass for games over a certain size.)

Emuparadise, their ads weren't hard to deal with on devices that don't feature ad-blockers, and while may have had a premium service but it was just to offset the cost of you chewing through their bandwidth at higher rates than the average user. Their policies for free users were ABSURDLY lax, you could download multiple roms at once during low usage times and they didn't have any cooldown bullshit either, finish downloading one, move onto the next.

Not only that but surely there's stuff on there that is going to be lost to time due to it not being available anymore. Sure, popular games will always be easy to source, no shit, but a lot of time when romsites, especially popular ones shut down there's always at least a few roms that were only available on that site. Be them good dumps, bad dumps, or even obscure romhacks. I mean, surely someone somewhere has them downloaded onto an SD card or flashdrive somewhere but it's the principle of the thing that irks me the most.

Availability is important dammit! Oh well, I guess.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm... Need I remind you where Sega as a company is right now versus Nintendo?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

REPORTED: YOU MAY NOT MENTION ROM SITES BY NAME
First off it's not a rom site anymore, secondly GBAtemp staff wrote the article?? What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
A shame, this is where I usually go when I want to grab some random ISO or ROM for systems I can't be bothered to (or don't have the storage space to) download entire sets for. One of the better sites IMO, not a ton of ads that get all in your face and their download speeds were pretty decent.

Oh well. Nothing of real value lost, they didn't have anything super special so there are hundreds/thousands of other sites that offer the same stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock