miraspectum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
preview.jpg

Hello! This is a project to translate the game PhotoKano Kiss from Japanese into English. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a ready-made translation, so I decided to do it myself. This is my first experience in translating games, so I will be glad to any help. I also don't know Japanese and don't know English well, so I use an online translator. It would be nice if someone could help with the translation.
At the moment, it is possible to edit textures, partially scripts and an executable file (there are restrictions on the size of the text)

I added files for rePatch for those who want to try.

photo_2022-05-09_18-21-48.jpg

photo_2022-05-09_18-21-43.jpg

photo_2022-05-09_18-21-32.jpg

photo_2022-05-09_18-21-40.jpg

photo_2022-05-09_18-21-38.jpg

Updates:
I wrote a lot of scripts to automate translations, now it is enough just to add the translation to the csv file (ex: github /miraspectum/PhotoKano-Kiss/blob/main/text/ID06602.csv), and after the assembly the game files will be updated. It would be cool if someone could translate these files! Also as an experiment made a script that uses Google Cloud Tanslation API. Unfortunately, there's only 500,000 characters per month for free.
Gthub repo: github /miraspectum/PhotoKano-Kiss

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Patch files looks like so. Most of all dialogs already parsed with script, there need only translated text.
First columns its offset, second its max text length (if text length has more characters it will be cutted), third column its original text, other columns for translated text (en, ru, de)
Screenshot_4.png

Last news:
Using Argos translate, translated ~90% of dialogs. Translation quality is very bad, but you can try to catch the meaning =) Available languages: English, Russian and Deutsch
In git repo i added tutoria how to install patch. Unfortunately, i can`t post any links, because i`m new member

Finally, i can add links)
github: https://github.com/miraspectum/PhotoKano-Kiss

Next steps:
- Translate all graphics
- Manualy translate first day

For those who want to support
bitcoin: 19jmKg1Sy26A4ZS4Dv2RGxennpZNp8Xbf7
etherium: 0x22DCe82D181B6432EBcd4b7bc4aF6699C49b460c

Last edited by miraspectum,

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Nice, whishing luck on this one!

If it can make you feel better, Omega labyrinth Z was one by a single person that does not speak/write/read Japanese and natively don't speak english :)

Tsebe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thank you very much for the translation was interested in this game but how to download the patch, i see the link but does not lead anywhere with paste and go option?

Holyshield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work! Never though this would get done! any way to just provide the repatch files? Im having a hard type decrypting the files since my vitashell doesnt give me that option. Thanks!

giologic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
Best of luck with the translation project, thank you so much for translate one of my favorite dating sim game on psp, also hoping someone could also translating reco love gold beach or blue ocean on ps vita someday ^^

Reactions: MeikoDunois

Digital-Driftworks

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First off, thanks for the hard work!

I gave it a spin for about 30 minutes - ended up having twice as fun a time due to the god awful machine translations :) (but fantastic to hear it's readily editable now!). Awesome.

Last edited by Digital-Driftworks,

ElvisKocho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
After installing the patch and starting the game, it says "this game needs a minimum of 8gb" what? Do I need those 8gb free as a must? or it's not mandatory?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi