ENLBufferPwn fix with homebrew?

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any fixes via homebrew that will prevent ENLBufferPwn on Wii U? I know Pretendo has it built in but I'm interested for stock servers. Just curious if it's something that exists or is even possible.

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this available for Tiramisu or just Aroma?
Post automatically merged:

Looks like it's just Aroma but it's easy enough to install on top of Tiramisu. A small price to pay for secure Splat Tim

Last edited by QuarterOfTen,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not to mention that there is no such thing as servers. The whole RCE is possible because the consoles talk directly to each other instead of having a server in the middle...

//EDIT: @QuarterOfTen Aroma only. Tiramisu doesn't provide a framework for gamepatches.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Is this available for Tiramisu or just Aroma?
Post automatically merged:

Looks like it's just Aroma but it's easy enough to install on top of Tiramisu. A small price to pay for secure Splat Tim
Would this prevent me from running into hackers in the game?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you use aroma, then yes.
Depends on how you define "hacker".
A real hacker who wants to overtake your Wii U for whatever reason (Wii U botnet 😂): Yes.
A cheater who just annoys you: No. For this you need to modify the game way more (again: There is no such thing as a server who could do cheat protection. Has a reason cheating is that freaking simple... Anyway, can't rember if it was CTGP or Pretendo but one of them adds anti-cheat measurements to any single frame the game renders... Totally crazy stuff it does but looks like MK8 doesn't use the CPU that much, so enough time left for that on your console).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: