Hacking Error #001, unauthorized device has been detected. Need a fix asap

AronTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syscheck only indicates that it is not installed as IOS. U could have installed it as boot2 and it would not be evident based on your syscheck.

If u installed bootmii as boot2, u can also install it as IOS, no problem to have both.
What exactly do I need to then?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does PMW install priiloader for u too? Or did u have to do that manually? What about bootmii and the hbc? If PMW installed priiloader, what version? And are hacks outdated?
hello,

Pimp my wii does not install Priiloader, you have to do it manually, same for bootmii and HBC.

Pimp My Wii is a utility created by Attila which allows, like SciiFii, to perform a series of operations to hack your Wii in a few clicks of Wiimote. Here is the list of its features:

Installation of the best official IOS
Installation of Waninkoko cIOS (rev 20 on slots 249 and 250) and Hermes (version 5.1 on slots 202, 222, 223 and 224)
Installation of official channels
Checking all your IOS and creating a report
Restoring the Trucha flaw on IOS 15
Installing .wad files

New (it's been a few years):

Hack Wii firmware 4.3
Possibility to update Pimp My Wii by internet via the program (you have to go manually to "Update")
Added install/remove .wad files feature
Possibility of not reloading the IOS when downgrading IOS 15 and "Safe" mode
You can now switch from the list of IOS to the list of other titles (and vice versa) with the - and + button
Fixed a possible Wiimote freeze after an "old IOS used" message
Fixes the trucha bug detection problem if you ever deleted the IOS4
In "Infos", indicates the error code returned in the column trucha bug if ever it is not present in the IOS
Displays a small explanatory text about error 1035 if you encounter it
Detection of the Homebrew Channel 0.7 and its new Title ID
Updated IOS revisions corresponding to firmware 4.3
Added IOS 51 as a necessary stub
Display more information when there is an error in the .csv file
Added Waninkoko rev20 cIOS

Reactions: CoolMe and XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What exactly do I need to then?
Run the hackmii installer and install bootmii ios. Drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe if u need help and it will tell you what to do and provide u with the required files

Note this won't have an impact on the 001 issue you are facing

hello,

Pimp my wii does not install Priiloader, you have to do it manually, same for bootmii and HBC.

Pimp My Wii is a utility created by Attila which allows, like SciiFii, to perform a series of operations to hack your Wii in a few clicks of Wiimote. Here is the list of its features:

Installation of the best official IOS
Installation of Waninkoko cIOS (rev 20 on slots 249 and 250) and Hermes (version 5.1 on slots 202, 222, 223 and 224)
Installation of official channels
Checking all your IOS and creating a report
Restoring the Trucha flaw on IOS 15
Installing .wad files

New (it's been a few years):

Hack Wii firmware 4.3
Possibility to update Pimp My Wii by internet via the program (you have to go manually to "Update")
Added install/remove .wad files feature
Possibility of not reloading the IOS when downgrading IOS 15 and "Safe" mode
You can now switch from the list of IOS to the list of other titles (and vice versa) with the - and + button
Fixed a possible Wiimote freeze after an "old IOS used" message
Fixes the trucha bug detection problem if you ever deleted the IOS4
In "Infos", indicates the error code returned in the column trucha bug if ever it is not present in the IOS
Displays a small explanatory text about error 1035 if you encounter it
Detection of the Homebrew Channel 0.7 and its new Title ID
Updated IOS revisions corresponding to firmware 4.3
Added IOS 51 as a necessary stub
Display more information when there is an error in the .csv file
Added Waninkoko rev20 cIOS
So not a total solution and doesn't really reduce the number of steps (unless important steps are skipped), in fact PMW would probably often lead ppl to believe that after using the tool their softmods are optimal when they might be missing the most important mods like bootmii, nand backup, priiloader, etc.

AronTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run the hackmii installer and install bootmii ios. Drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe if u need help and it will tell you what to do and provide u with the required files

Note this won't have an impact on the 001 issue you are facing

So not a total solution and doesn't really reduce the number of steps (unless important steps are skipped), in fact PMW would probably often lead ppl to believe that after using the tool their softmods are optimal when they might be missing the most important mods like bootmii, nand backup, priiloader, etc.
What's the point of doing it if it doesn't solve my issue?

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey all. So, I modded my Wii YEARS ago with Pimp My Wii, but now I am interested on the ModMii method and also want to know what does indeed my Wii have on it's guts. When I get home, I will run a syscheck and post it here!!

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What's the point of doing it if it doesn't solve my issue?
To bring your softmod up to standard and to prevent further complications during the course of trying to solve your problems.

Most users who can REALLY help you have their softmod up to standard and they speak from their experience base on that.

I am not into music/dancing games but I vaguely remember that they may need cios with a base 58, 38 or 57 and I remember there's been many ppl with issues with the original just dance game/s

@Jayro : have you ever run Just Dance mod successfully or any games newer than that with your pmw modded Wii's?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
To bring your softmod up to standard and to prevent further complications during the course of trying to solve your problems.

Most users who can REALLY help you have their softmod up to standard and they speak from their experience base on that.

I am not into music/dancing games but I vaguely remember that they may need cios with a base 58, 38 or 57 and I remember there's been many ppl with issues with the original just dance game/s

@Jayro : have you ever run Just Dance mod successfully or any games newer than that with your pmw modded Wii's?
No, I hate rhythm games. (I suck at them)

AronTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Guess it's worth a shot, do I show the sys check afterwards?

AronTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it!
So it starts on the pinned/sticky USB Loader GX Thread around page 1325 post ##26,492 and then it goes on for a few pages. Hope it might help you out.

Sorry, can't link to it directly.

EDIT:
A (possible) solution is listed on page 1327, post #26,529 and the explanation with the size on the same page post #26,533 - #26,534 and beyond.
I found the post you were talking about but there's a problem

It says to use Hermes v4 on cIOS 222 Base 38

When I used the installer it failed to install it, is there any other way to get cIOS 222 Base 38?

trimesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Since I thought it would be interesting to run PWM on a console that's as close to stock as possible (basically, HBC + BootMii/boot2 installed but nothing else) to see what it did, I just tried to do this, but I can't get PWM to work - it just blows up with a register dump screen while in the scanning phase.

I've tried this both with and without the network configured with identical results.

Anyone got any suggestions about what could cause this?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I found the post you were talking about but there's a problem

It says to use Hermes v4 on cIOS 222 Base 38

When I used the installer it failed to install it, is there any other way to get cIOS 222 Base 38?
Yes, modmii.

Enable modmii's hermes cios option and repeat the syscheck drag and drop, then it will check for that too and help u install it in WAD form if missing from your syscheck

Edit; before u do that have u tried loading it using the cios u have installed already to 250 or 251?

Reactions: jeannotte

AronTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, modmii.

Enable modmii's hermes cios option and repeat the syscheck drag and drop, then it will check for that too and help u install it in WAD form if missing from your syscheck

Edit; before u do that have u tried loading it using the cios u have installed already to 250 or 251?
Alright I installed the wad but now I'm just getting a black screen instead of the Error

Yes I have tried 250 and 251 but no luck either

Edit: 222 gives me a black screen while 250 and 251 gives Error #001

Last edited by AronTW,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try v5.1 of cios 222 from Modmii's download page 4 (iirc v4 is generally recommended but in this case perhaps v5.1 works better). U can try a bunch of cios's from this page, if u want to change their slots to have multiple installed at once without overwriting each other use modmii's advanced downloads page.

Reactions: jeannotte

AronTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try v5.1 of cios 222 from Modmii's download page 4 (iirc v4 is generally recommended but in this case perhaps v5.1 works better). U can try a bunch of cios's from this page, if u want to change their slots to have multiple installed at once without overwriting each other use modmii's advanced downloads page.
Seems that v5 didn't work either

AronTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay good news, i got it working! I found this post called 'How to fix Just Dance games black screen USB Loader GX'

The post said I need cIOS 224 so I downloaded it through ModMii (from Hermes v5.1 to be exact) and changed my IOS to 224 and the game FINALLY loaded.

Reactions: Jayro and XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ancientboi already making new people mad