Error 3194 iPhone 3GS restore

SilentGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did everything right, I used sn0wbreeze to make a custom firmware for 4.1 for my iPhone 3GS(also used a regular one) and then I put it into DFU mode and then used iREB to put into pwned DFU mode and then shift-clicked the restore button in iTunes and when it got to the part where it verifies my firmware with apple it gave me an error 3194 after about 30 sec of it trying and by the way I when into my host files and put cydia's server ip and it still won't work. I don't want to use redsn0w because I don't like the fact that every time you turn it off you have to boot tether it so can someone help me with this because I tried everything and I do not wanna wait for the new jailbreak to come out.
P.S. - I have a brand new iPhone that started at 4.1 firmware so only 4.1, 4.2, and 4.2.1 work. One more thing, I am not using SHSH blobs from my iPhone, they are from FelixBruns.

~Sam

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From experience, all you need to do is get/run TinyUmbrella.
With it, backup your SHSH blobs, hit Start TSS Server, then do the whole restore mumbo-jumbo.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
From experience, all you need to do is get/run TinyUmbrella.
With it, backup your SHSH blobs, hit Start TSS Server, then do the whole restore mumbo-jumbo.
That'll only work if Apple still has the 4.1 window open...

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can't you just use redsn0w ?
dunno about the programm you used but with redsn0w i never had any problems, you can even use it on 4.2.1 (even thaught than you have to install ipad baseband to be able to unlock atm)

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Just looked at the site. That's not given you the SHSH blobs, just the IPSW. Unless you've jailbroken your iPhone before you can't downgrade. At least not with the Cydia server (cydia backs them up for you automatically)

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then you're stuck. SHSH blobs aren't downloadable, only the firmware is. They are unique for every device, so you can't share them. If your iphone has an old bootrom, you can jailbreak untethered, otherwise you'll need to wait for Comex to make a new jailbreak using his exploit. Whatever you do now, you have to restore to 4.2.1.

SilentGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you click here you will see that limera1n might have been patched but I hope indeed that it is not, and comex is over due so redsn0w will most likely be untethered version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's low on wood