Gaming Error Code 2005-0003

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a 5.1.0 switch with Mario Odyssey and Xeno2 installed to my 128 GB SD card. I also have pokemon quest and a bunch of demos on it, but there's about 80 something GB of free space on it. I bought the SD card from amazon, the seller had 4.something star rating, it's a SanDisk - cost around 40$, and I already verified it with h2testw when I got it, all the space is actually there. Oddly enough when I try to download certain demos and now the latest Xenoblade update it downloads properly, says "successfully installed" and then shows a little x on the progress bar on the game icon. It always gives me :
Code:
Error Code: 2005-0003

An Error has occurred.

If the problem persists, please refer to the Nintendo Support Website.
support.nintendo.com/switch/error

Obviously I've gone there and it's been no help, so I'm just wondering if anyone here has some useful, actionable intel?

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I've got a 5.1.0 switch with Mario Odyssey and Xeno2 installed to my 128 GB SD card. I also have pokemon quest and a bunch of demos on it, but there's about 80 something GB of free space on it. I bought the SD card from amazon, the seller had 4.something star rating, it's a SanDisk - cost around 40$, and I already verified it with h2testw when I got it, all the space is actually there. Oddly enough when I try to download certain demos and now the latest Xenoblade update it downloads properly, says "successfully installed" and then shows a little x on the progress bar on the game icon. It always gives me :
Code:
Error Code: 2005-0003

An Error has occurred.

If the problem persists, please refer to the Nintendo Support Website.
support.nintendo.com/switch/error

Obviously I've gone there and it's been no help, so I'm just wondering if anyone here has some useful, actionable intel?

Do you own another sdcard?

That error indicates problems with the card. Maybe it's somehow defective.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22393

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you own another sdcard?

That error indicates problems with the card. Maybe it's somehow defective.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22393

Good question! No, I do not have another micro SD card large enough to download the entire game. Also, since I can still run version 1.4.1 of xenoblade and mario odyssey as well as all the demos installed on it, I'm not going to format and redownload all the titles, since I have no guarantee that it will work afterward. Also, on my internet it would take about two full days to redownload all that jazz, so that's very much in my furthest back pocket.

Quick question: is it possible to manually back up all the files on my microSD card on my PC, format it, then copy them back over and get my installed games/demos back?

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good question! No, I do not have another micro SD card large enough to download the entire game. Also, since I can still run version 1.4.1 of xenoblade and mario odyssey as well as all the demos installed on it, I'm not going to format and redownload all the titles, since I have no guarantee that it will work afterward. Also, on my internet it would take about two full days to redownload all that jazz, so that's very much in my furthest back pocket.

Quick question: is it possible to manually back up all the files on my microSD card on my PC, format it, then copy them back over and get my installed games/demos back?

Reformat, as far as backing up files.. I believe you have to use homebrew for that??

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, that's some nice contradictory information y'all have got there. Anyone else care to chime in? If I can just copy them to my PC and then back to have the switch recognize them, I'm definitely trying that. Heck, in that case I'll run h2testw again just to be sure.

Edit: Okay, I have a question. I've run homebrew a few times on this switch, just GBA emulation and save-backing up. I do have the layeredFS junk on my sd card, but I haven't run it yet; could that be screwing with my data somehow?

Last edited by bluedart,

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, one final post: I fixed it. To anyone getting errors like these, what I did was try and backup all my files onto my computer. It failed at some point, because the microUSB usb dongle I was using (which is all I have for my main computer) apparently died and would randomly disconnect on whichever USB port was used. I borrowed a laptop with a native SD card reader, and it told me the drive needed to be repaired. I let that go for around 20 or so minutes and put the microSD card back in my switch. Some of the update data and demos had to be redownloaded, but after all was said and done they all ran (with the most recent updates as well) properly and my issue is now closed.

PSA: Basically don't use microSD USB adapters. I've gone through three in the last two years; they really suck. To be honest, this is something I've heard many people say, but seriously it's really a pain to borrow a somewhat nearby laptop for a bit to mess with some files since I don't have a native USB reader on my computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F