Hacking "Error has occurred, press eject button..." (WiiFlow)

Dyxlesci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the in game "An error has occurred please eject, turn off the system" any time I try to load any game through WiiFlow. It also takes an abnormally long time to load games. I get the loading bar, which stops about 1/5 of the way for a minute or 2, fills all the way, and then i get the error screen, even before any other in game screens.

I have modded several Wiis and Wii Us over the past year, and have never once had this problem. I spent the majority of my day off yesterday troubleshooting. I have installed cios 236, 249base56, 250base57, tested the same flash drive on other consoles, used a different SD card, removed/re-installed all Cios, tried different versions of d2x, and everything else I can think of. I have tested my backups are tested on my wii, wii u, and dolphin.

I will probably head by the pawn shop and grab a new console ($15 each), unless anyone else knows a fix. Request any more information and diagnostics you need, and it will be given. All help is appreciated

Dyxlesci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may have something to do with incorrect settings in WiiFlow.
Have you tried another USB loader? For example USB Loader GX.

Yes, I tried tampering with most of the settings in wiiflow to troubleshoot, to no result. I also tested GX and Configurable USB loader.

Dyxlesci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrightie I have solved the problem! To anyone googling and trying to find the solution, here it is. Problem was I was using the incorrect version of D2X. Make sure you get the latest one, put it in the d2x folder, and select it in the d2x menu when using it. Set your revision all the way to the right, patch your 249 and 250, and you are ready to load.

12/11/14 Edit: Hahah, I forgot I posted this, ran into this issue again and began googling. Found a link, read through the thread without reading the names and had a "eureka!" moment. I decided to see who posted it to send them a message thanking them. Turns out it was me...

tontonsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, reopening this old thread as I'm facing the same problem with 3 or more games - not all of them. Don't know if it's PAL / NTSC related, but using Wiiflow last release I have this error message on some games.

I have cIOS d2X beta 52 base 57 on 249 and base 56 on 250. Tried switching from one to another, no success.
Any idea where this could come from ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, reopening this old thread as I'm facing the same problem with 3 or more games - not all of them. Don't know if it's PAL / NTSC related, but using Wiiflow last release I have this error message on some games.

I have cIOS d2X beta 52 base 57 on 249 and base 56 on 250. Tried switching from one to another, no success.
Any idea where this could come from ?

Hello.:)

Do you use WiiFlow v4.2.1 or WiiFlow Mod Lite v5.4.4 please ?
Which Kind/Type of USB Device did you use please ?
How is it formatted please ?
(is it maybe formatted with the WBFS System - please do not mix it with the Wii Games,they have to be WBFS.)

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

tontonsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.:)

Do you use WiiFlow v4.2.1 or WiiFlow Mod Lite v5.4.4 please ?
Which Kind/Type of USB Device did you use please ?
How is it formatted please ?
(is it maybe formatted with the WBFS System - please do not mix it with the Wii Games,they have to be WBFS.)

Thank you.:)
Hello,

wiiflow lite 5.4.4, USB Device is a 500GB USB drive with a FAT32 partition for roms and a NTFS partition with wbfs folder for games.
System is 4.1U
For example Smash bros brawl works, Zelda Twilight does not. Both are .wbfs files transfered with backupmanager.

I did a global clean up of my cIOS to only keep d2x. Attached the latest syscheck

Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• sysCheck.zip
    786 bytes · Views: 158
Reactions: Alexander1970

galagasux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I think I've found what was not working !

It was actually because of some settings related to EMUNands : for some reason I had Saves Nand Emulation set to Full, and that was what was crashing the games. I've set it to OFF and now everything starts well
Thank you, from 4 years in the future. I also knew that there was a simple fix for this and couldn't remember.

👍

This was it.

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1