PS1/2 ESR won't run burned game.

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's really difficult to tell through just a short video, maybe it's having a hard time with burned discs? I've seen drives work with pressed discs and not work with burned discs.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not an expert, but that noise is the laser pick-up arm reaching the end of the "slot" as it's having trouble getting focus/reading the tracks.

You could try disassemble your PS2 and clean the lens for dust and/or fine tuning a screw (turning a quarter of a turn clockwise or anti-clockwise) on the laser arm to regulate focus (you should still find tutorials online), but opening a Fat PS2 is somewhat a tricky operation because of the "delicate" power/reset button flat cable (you'll understand if you have opened one).

If I would have to guess, I would simply say that the laser is old and nearing it's EOL.

If you want my opinion, as you have a Fat PS2, get hold of a network adapter and a 3.5" PATA HD, or better an SD card to IDE 2.5" 44 pin male adapter plus a 2.5" to 3.5" pin adapter — yay, no moving parts! — the only drawback is the console 2 cm. fan screaming like a jet engine on take-off. Also look for OPL to use it with your network adapter...

There's also the option to use the network part of the network adapter, but I prefer the internal disk even if I have a PC NAS running 24/7 tho... ^__^

Last edited by MostlyUnharmful, , Reason: grammar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay