Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
updated, still ignoring the moonshell 1 vote... need more info to consider it
Well, not to be rude but if you have moonshell one, and barely use it, then what's the point of having moonshell 2.
If it wasn't for moonshell 1, then 2 obviously wouldn't exist, so the original takes more credit to me than 2 .
It started it all. Yes moonshell 2 is 'ok' - but there's not really anything amazing about it.
Moonshell 1 gets more props from me because it's the original, and no one pays attention to originals anymore, if anything moonshell 1 deserves the credit over 2.

Thus +1 moonshell (original) for starting it all.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hatchetball said:
Well, not to be rude but if you have moonshell one, and barely use it, then what's the point of having moonshell 2.
If it wasn't for moonshell 1, then 2 obviously wouldn't exist, so the original takes more credit to me than the original.
Sorry but please don't attack Moonlight anymore. MoonShell2 is not only the official open version of M3Sakura(DLDI) but also successor of MoonShell1.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
If it wasn't for moonshell 1, then 2 obviously wouldn't exist, so the original takes more credit to me than the original.
It started it all. Yes moonshell 2 is 'ok' - but there's not really anything amazing about it.
Moonshell 1 gets more props from me because it's the original, and no one pays attention to originals anymore, if anything moonshell 1 deserves the credit over 2.
Lol I would say you are nuts (me being an MS2 fan to the core), but Moonshell doesn't have any real perks in comparison to Moonshell2. I mean, Moonshell does have a binary viewer (which is surprising) and it has the ability to work with a lot of files in a file browser a little bit better, but apart from that, Moonshell2 supersedes it in practically everything. The GUI is smexy, dpg version rocks, it has a notepad/memo, voice recorder, mini drumset (for amusement purposes), a password function (joke function xD), the ability to play only audio from dpg files, a playlist editor, extlink support, quicker video seeking, better audio seeking, and is faster at loading images.

-edit-
I just remembered that Moonshell also can play videos on the lower screen while Moonshell2 can't.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2500567b_514_bump.jpg

Broco Lee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Haven't seen it posted yet, but this is the game I've spent more hours playing: powder.

(Link http://www.zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=release )

Its a dungeon crawler, you know, like nethack, but cooler. You can play with ascii graphics or with other tilesets (included on the download, check the screenshots section)

Also, I know how everyone loves colors, but there is also this other nice drawing program, UAPaint ( http://filetrip.net/f6882-UAPaint-1-30.html) which i think deserves to be known.

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any homebrew that would allow you to map the button controls? For example, a touch only game like Phantom Hourglass, is there some sort of homebrew that would allow me to play that game with the dpad/original Zelda controls? I have a modded PSP and the CWCheat plugin has a thing called remaPSP and that lets you remap the button config of pretty much any game... Anything like that for the DS?

Oh yeah... there are some great homebrew games for the PSP. Ports, remakes and originals to... Cave Story was ported to the PSP, is there a Cave Story port for the DS?

Remember that helicopter flash game from a few years ago? It was really popular... well it was ported, or remade on the PSP by a homebrew dev and it was pretty much exactly like the original except that you could pilot a Jet, the Futurama Spaceship, Superman and the regular Helicopter. Is there a port or remake of this Helicopter flash game for the DS?

I'm just asking these questions cause I'm getting a DS soon and plan on getting some homebrew.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
alexg1989 said:
Any homebrew that would allow you to map the button controls? For example, a touch only game like Phantom Hourglass, is there some sort of homebrew that would allow me to play that game with the dpad/original Zelda controls? I have a modded PSP and the CWCheat plugin has a thing called remaPSP and that lets you remap the button config of pretty much any game... Anything like that for the DS?

Oh yeah... there are some great homebrew games for the PSP. Ports, remakes and originals to... Cave Story was ported to the PSP, is there a Cave Story port for the DS?

Remember that helicopter flash game from a few years ago? It was really popular... well it was ported, or remade on the PSP by a homebrew dev and it was pretty much exactly like the original except that you could pilot a Jet, the Futurama Spaceship, Superman and the regular Helicopter. Is there a port or remake of this Helicopter flash game for the DS?

I'm just asking these questions cause I'm getting a DS soon and plan on getting some homebrew.

Unfortunately, the touch-screen has 256x256 positions on where you can click. To map all of it, we're going to need 65536 buttons to do this, so you have to use the Touch Screen.

Also, no, there are no ports of the helicopter PSP homebrew, and Cave Story is coming out for DSi, so nobody's making a port of that. You can make both, if you so choose.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since I'm after some more homebrew to play and don't want to let this topic die, I might as well add a recent find (for me anyway
tongue.gif
):

LoneWolf DS - The first five LoneWolf adventure game books wrapped up in a nice engine to play them on the DS. If you don't mind a bit of reading and are into fantasy then definitely worth checking out.

I've not really got anything else to add, as non of the other homebrew for the DS has really inspired me. I've not used it too much on the DS, but..
ScummVM - An interpreter for tons of old graphical adventure games.

I'll also ++ on:
NesDS
Lameboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...