Gaming [Essentials] Wii U games

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yoshi's Woolly World

Been enjoying it way more than Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost World or Rayman Legends. It's a god damn great platforming game with lots of collectibles to discover.

I've 100%'d World 5 so not too long till World 6 and the extras are 100% too.
Yeah I totally agree, fantastic Platformer a real treat I'm only on world 3 at the moment, way better than SM3DWD & NSMBU. I don't know about the other two have not played them yet, sorry to say!

Edit that: Played the demo of Rayman Legends, wasn't to sure about it tbh :(

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah I totally agree, fantastic Platformer a real treat I'm only on world 3 at the moment, way better than SM3DWD & NSMBU. I don't know about the other two have not played them yet, sorry to say!

Edit that: Played the demo of Rayman Legends, wasn't to sure about it tbh :(
Right now I'm 99% complete with only a tiny bit left to do and then that's that for YWW. I'd now say it's worth £32 with so much replay value but before I had thought it wasn't. :P

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I'm 99% complete with only a tiny bit left to do and then that's that for YWW. I'd now say it's worth £32 with so much replay value but before I had thought it wasn't. :P
Yeah its a bit gutting really when a game like this is so good and your nearly at the end. It makes you wish at the end it opened up a whole brand new world to play as a special! By the way did you get all the secret levels so far with the flowers cause I have not got one yet I must go back and find them all for each world but so hard tbh, arghh it can drive you nuts finding them all!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah its a bit gutting really when a game like this is so good and your nearly at the end. It makes you wish at the end it opened up a whole brand new world to play as a special! By the way did you get all the secret levels so far with the flowers cause I have not got one yet I must go back and find them all for each world but so hard tbh, arghh it can drive you nuts finding them all!

Not to spoil but you do get something of what you said.

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 Nintendoland
+1 Super Smash Brothers U
+1 Zelda Windwaker HD
+1 Mario Kart 8

All these, I've played for >50 hours. We always break these out during parties and everyone has a blast playing them.(Except Windwaker, since it's a single player game xD But I still thoroughly enjoyed it)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

+1 FAST Racing Neo
Definitely want to buy this but my conscience is telling me not to because I wouldn't be really buying the game but a rental. Here's hoping they make a physical release of the game.

Online service ends and with that when necessary to renew the licence the game becomes unplayable -- At least it's my experience on PS3 so I assume the same for Wii U and the rest. Not ideal. :(

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely want to buy this but my conscience is telling me not to because I wouldn't be really buying the game but a rental. Here's hoping they make a physical release of the game.

Online service ends and with that when necessary to renew the licence the game becomes unplayable -- At least it's my experience on PS3 so I assume the same for Wii U and the rest. Not ideal. :(
What do you mean just a rental? Isn't it just one payment of $15?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

What do you mean just a rental? Isn't it just one payment of $15?
You pay for the content but you never physically own it so then years later when the online support is terminated you can't get it legally. That's when hacking becomes the only way of accessing that game the customer once bought.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You pay for the content but you never physically own it so then years later when the online support is terminated you can't get it legally. That's when hacking becomes the only way of accessing that game the customer once bought.
Ah, I understand what you mean now. But isn't it physically downloaded to the console and only validated when it was installed from the eShop? I'm fairly certain that the only checks after that are signature checks and update checks

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
+1 Super Smash Bros for Wii U(why isn't this on the essentials list?:ha:)
Easy: not enough people voting for it. I'm sure super mario maker should be higher than its current standing, but I guess it's easier to tick of a box in the 'best game of the year' award than actually having to write all the characters to form "+1 super mario maker". ;)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I vote for the following:

• Assassin's Creed: IV Black Flag
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Kirby: Rainbow Paintbrush
  • Lego: City Undercover
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted