Not open for further replies.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Looks faked to me. The texture of the grey plastic looks like something from a 3D printer. The text on the buttons looks like something that can be bought from cheap Chinese knock-off companies.

Reactions: Deleted User

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
You know maybe lots of YouTubers got it early and perhaps Etika was the only one to show it. But maybe their not supposed to show it because he was drunk and all the sudden "Look guys I got a switch here.", so maybe he could get in big trouble.

EDIT: Seeing as lot's of posts say it's fake and they are showing evidence. I guess it could be. But we may never know. :o

Last edited by Jacklack3,
D

Deleted User

You know maybe lots of YouTubers got it early and perhaps Etika was the only one to show it. But maybe their not supposed to show it because he was drunk and all the sudden "Look guys I got a switch here.", so maybe he could get in big trouble.
As others have already pointed out, the console looks too shitty quality to be real, and it's very unlikely that working prototypes have been released into the wild this early on, and why give one to Etika ANYWAYS?

Reactions: Jacklack3
D

Deleted-379826

Okay, looking at this picture well:

And at this picture:
20-nintendo-switch.jpg
The biggest thing is the buttons. Just look at the ABXY buttons, the text is way too big for those buttons, and bold font isn't right. The thumbsticks are close matches, but the scratched paint doesn't help. And the plastic itself isn't as glossy as the product.
All in all, I'm positive it's a fake.
But it's weird because I've known this channel for a long time. He's done some crazy/weird things before, & it doesn't surprise me he went a bit drunk; but this isn't something he would do. That's a bad move on his part.
EDIT: I'm actually noticing some more. The circle button on the right JoyCon is supposed to have a grayish rim, & Etika's is more white than it should be. And the corners of the screen sorta throws me off, too.
I agree why would he do this?

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Honestly, I'm kinda surprised Etika planned this out.
I mean, sure, he's a pretty hyped up when it comes to Nintendo like Smash and Pokemon (heck, Sakurai retweeted one of his reaction videos, the Mewtwo one we all know about), & knowing him for around a year or so, he's actually a nice guy. Though, he can go too hyped sometimes, and I'm gonna guess he took it too far this time.

For all those wondering the possibility that this is real, it's really unlikely. 'Cause A) there are other people that are more qualified to get a Switch early, most notably those they've actually contacted like GameXplain and the Game Grumps. B) It's just unlikely that they'd send out consoles 5 months before release, especially when they have yet to show its full potential in a presentation around a couple of months from now. And C) let's face it, that console that Etika's holding doesn't match the product itself in various aspects; it looks more like a close, but fake copy.

Last edited by TamDanny,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing fake looking part about the controller is the ABXY buttons looking white. Otherwise it seems like the real deal.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP Etika's nutsack... Those Nintenjas are gonna fuck him up... that is if it is real. Either way, quite an intriguing day today has been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1