Hardware Etika has a Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

For what it's worth, apparently he posted this a few days earlier on his twitter.
-wew lad snip-
Judge for yourself whether that looks real or not.
I posted a tweet which included a picture of that tweet on the first page.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, apparently he posted this a few days earlier on his twitter.
GTswi2L.jpg

If that is the switch's build quality then we have something to seriously worry about.

D

Deleted User

Ah, you're right - I probably skimmed over it because it was some random guy's twitter post and it only had a link.
Yeah, it seems GBATemp's tweet embed BBCode is kinda wonky and doesn't let tweets show up 100% all the time.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prototype

So your saying they released a prototype of the console, but its a very crappy prototype? They already planned out the design and it looks wonderful. It wouldn't make sense too make a crappier version to give.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also this guy does Gateway videos. Why would Nintendo want to give anything too him? That's like Sony sending the PS5 (if it ever comes out) early to GeoHot.

Last edited by Zero72463,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I'd like to know is if the screen has a touch interface or not. That's been a burning question ever since the reveal.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like the guy above said. the ds prototype was ugly af. maybe they didnt want to spend too much money on him. plus it cud be fan made

Like I said earlier why would Nintendo want too give their products early to a guy who makes videos on Gateway cards, etc. Which can be used too pirate on Nintendo's 3DS.

D

Deleted User

like the guy above said. the ds prototype was ugly af. maybe they didnt want to spend too much money on him. plus it cud be fan made
Yeah, I'm fairly sure Nintendo wouldn't want to spend any money on Etika.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I guess I should also point out that the buttons on the Joy-Con Etika has look really shit in comparison to the Joy-Con buttons shown in the trailer.
DudelyFillerDeflate

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, looking at this picture well:
GTswi2L.jpg

And at this picture:
20-nintendo-switch.jpg
The biggest thing is the buttons. Just look at the ABXY buttons, the text is way too big for those buttons, and bold font isn't right. The thumbsticks are close matches, but the scratched paint doesn't help. And the plastic itself isn't as glossy as the product.
All in all, I'm positive it's a fake.
But it's weird because I've known this channel for a long time. He's done some crazy/weird things before, & it doesn't surprise me he went a bit drunk; but this isn't something he would do. That's a bad move on his part.
EDIT: I'm actually noticing some more. The circle button on the right JoyCon is supposed to have a grayish rim, & Etika's is more white than it should be. And the corners of the screen sorta throws me off, too.

Last edited by TamDanny, , Reason: Don't mind me, just looking closer into it
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a manager, can I get a ban check over here, on register 1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yep texasauras checks out as a 12 yr old, even tho claims is 36, ban material right there.
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Can't you be small on ya? :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes he can put a small one on ya
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok, stock it in the kids section, 80% off. Manager special.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I wouldn't be surprised if this is susbaconhairman.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What makes pooping after a shower feel so great
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    bc you resist the urge to poop while showering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shit talker
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hate when that happens, you just get out of shower n need to drop bombs. Guess I could of just used the shower and waffle stomped them logs into the drain.
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i just get out of the shower, it slides right out when my ass is lathered and i don't need to wipe
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pro tip: Girlfriends love when you shower together, you leave a tootsie roll in shower for her. Instant Love level +100
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if she eats it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then she's a keeper
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    ^^ This :rofl2:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    i didnt feel very well in school cuz there was too much noise for me to handle
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also im gonna redownload touhou 8 bc the other day i accidentaly deleted it (and also try to beat it with other characters and harder difficulties)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Sensory overloads suck.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I totally get that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I totally get that.