Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, they must make a seperate document that isn't a Terms of Conditions, for example - https://store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/
Nintendo have also included one, so have Origin. The link you provided however looks like it's bundeled.
  • Unbundled: Consent requests must be separate from other terms and conditions. Consent should not be a precondition of signing up to a service unless necessary for that service.
separate from other terms and conditions != seperate document

have you even looked at the example I posted? It is from the page you linked. It is in the same document but seperated from other T&Cs

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
separate from other terms and conditions != seperate document

have you even looked at the example I posted? It is from the page you linked. It is in the same document but seperated from other T&Cs
The examples shows most have a private policy document that is seperate where you need to read it and approve it as well.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only partners get games early to review.
Define "early". Any large gaming website with some clout can request review samples, including *GBATemp*, which doesn't mean that they have to be "Official Nintendo Partners". I myself reviewed several Nintendo games prior to their official release, and I'm most certainly not a Nintendo partner in any shape or form.

Then why can you make a copy of the game itself and sell that copy ? According to court ruling you can perfectly fine do that. Selling a copy is selling a copy and not selling a license
You have to provide a copy of the software alongside your license as the singular copy is the physical manifestation of said license and proof of your ownership, unless the software comes with a certificate of ownership, like Windows does, for example. Nobody cares how you store the software. You're not "selling software" either way because it doesn't belong to you. If it did, you could copy it all day everyday and sell as many copies as you please - you can't, that's piracy. You do not have such replicating privileges, you are only entitled to one copy which you may choose to transfer to another person by selling or gifting it. The software itself is non-tangible, it belongs to the holder of the copyright, as in the person entitled to produce copies of it and sell it. You only have a license for a singular copy, and as a matter of convenience, the medium said copy is stored on is used as proof. You do not actually own the software on that medium, you only own the physical medium. Similarly, if you buy a book, you own pieces of paper bound with glue, but you do not own the intellectual property printed on the pages. You also have no right to reproduce said book and sell additional copies of it - you own one singular book and you're entitled to read the content or transfer it over by selling it.

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The examples shows most have a private policy document that is seperate where you need to read it and approve it as well.

just ignore him. he probably failed to get into law school so he's trying hard to be a lawyer online. telling people that EULA and TOS are the word of god and courts will enforce them regardless of whats written in them

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
most means not all. some have it in a single document

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just ignore him.
shut up
he probably failed to get into law school so he's trying hard to be a lawyer online.
never said I'm a layer or went to law school. You're imagining things. schizophrenia?
telling people that EULA and TOS are the word of god and courts will enforce them regardless of whats written in them
no one said that

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most means not all. some have it in a single document

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

shut up

never said I'm a layer or went to law school. You're imagining things. schizophrenia?

no one said that
then stop talking about things you have no clue of and stop trying to be a lawyer online.

let people exercise their rights and tell nintendo to give them all the data they have.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
then stop talking about things you have no clue of and stop trying to be a lawyer online.
I never did any of that.

let people exercise their rights and tell nintendo to give them all the data they have.
do it if you are interested in the data itself. but if you do this for getting unbanned, don't because it is a waste of time

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You have to provide a copy of the software alongside your license as the singular copy is the physical manifestation of said license and proof of your ownership, unless the software comes with a certificate of ownership, like Windows does, for example. Nobody cares how you store the software. You're not "selling software" either way because it doesn't belong to you. If it did, you could copy it all day everyday and sell as many copies as you please - you can't, that's piracy. You do not have such replicating privileges, you are only entitled to one copy which you may choose to transfer to another person by selling or gifting it. The software itself is non-tangible, it belongs to the holder of the copyright, as in the person entitled to produce copies of it and sell it. You only have a license for a singular copy, and as a matter of convenience, the medium said copy is stored on is used as proof. You do not actually own the software on that medium, you only own the physical medium. Similarly, if you buy a book, you own pieces of paper bound with glue, but you do not own the intellectual property printed on the pages. You also have no right to reproduce said book and sell additional copies of it - you own one singular book and you're entitled to read the content or transfer it over by selling it.
Why did you comment again if you already replied to that same comment 2 times already. What"s the point in replying to that comment 2-3 times every 2 hours or so ? Was that necessary ? See page 33 you kept replying to it and i already agreed to what you said so why reply again to that same comment ?

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: Foxi4

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
34 pages and people still discussing what personal information means. This thread should be closed at the point where multiple users explained that you don't need personal informations, only console specific informations for the ban, and so you can't make use of GDPR.
The only valid argument someone could bring up are the connected Nintendo Accounts. But since it is not effected and not needed to identify a console, can't make here much use of it.
Only if you want to know more about the use of your data in their other services.

Why i am so sure? I am a software developer. We had multiple further education to this topic, since the company where i work developes a client management solution.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why did you comment again if you already replied to that same comment 2 times already. What"s the point in replying to that comment 2-3 times every 2 hours or so ? Was that necessary ? See page 33 you kept replying to it and i already agreed to what you said so why reply again to that same comment ?
I didn't, unless I'm missing it. I wanted to underline that you're only allowed to sell a backup copy because the original was destroyed, you can't sell copies willy-nilly, which is a subject we haven't touched upon. That is, unless I misunderstood you.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I didn't, unless I'm missing it. I wanted to underline that you're only allowed to sell a backup copy because the original was destroyed, you can't sell copies willy-nilly, which is a subject we haven't touched upon. That is, unless I misunderstood you.
Look at page 33, I even agreed when you did
I even said ''Well i'm pretty sure that will get updated even more in the future and hopefully in better ways then it does now ''
Remember ?

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Look at page 33, I even agreed when you did
I even said ''Well i'm pretty sure that will get updated even more in the future and hopefully in better ways then it does now ''
Remember ?
Whoops, you're absolutely right, my apologies! I thought I was quoting a different post earlier, the one about original discs, not backups. That's my bad, it's been a long day.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Jax_Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see it from both sides......Neither of us have a full right to it as it is educational and lead to making hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.
I mean, we just rent the licence ...."Really"! How many people keep they old stuff, for real, with a growing family almost impossible.
We either end up selling it or giving it away after we upgrade it for one last time. ;)
Moving On...

Now Nintendo sells us the licence and says to us...."You're limited to what laws are provided in this matter covering "ALL" aspects of said software and hardware."
This is double talk so they can run the same game on us with different add on's , DLC's , Update's.etc.
The whole time you are expected to buy the same game with booming graphics and depth that you can't wait to be there guinea-pig. Shit Happen's!!

The final results leads the Dev's, (Much Respect To "ALL" Of You!!) and the community to strive for that common goal?!?
To pretty much make their Device our Bitch. LOL :D
It make's Nintendo a couple of more billion's of dollar's a year with all the repairs and new sale's that occur from the Device being Bitched. Lov It!
Any way Nintendo bitches and try's to stop it from being done.....Wayyy Toooo Late!
The whole time they are planning a new device for the coming Christmas's, Holiday etc.

By the time it's all said and done ....Nintendo would have made a killing world wide.
So when you think you got their number picked.......They rebound and make a killing on a new device. They are good.

Just what I think , sorry for the ramble. ;)
I do like your post though, Very informative. ;)

Jax

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Did anyone got a response yet? I for one am curious although we can already predict the outcome. Nintendo supplies/deletes the info, but nothing changes including the bans.

A bit offtopic as i am just now returning to this thread, but thank god that guy was banned. It was like speaking to a wall. Like Renly Baratheon once said, we'd have more luck debating the wind!

D

Deleted_444986

Ah yes, I've read that before. I had to for work. It also is a stipulation that forced Nintendo and multiple other companies to add the "Opt-Out" option. Since with the GDPR we have the right for them NOT to collect data on us.

Right to be Forgotten
Also known as Data Erasure, the right to be forgotten entitles the data subject to have the data controller erase his/her personal data, cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data. The conditions for erasure, as outlined in article 17, include the data no longer being relevant to original purposes for processing, or a data subjects withdrawing consent. It should also be noted that this right requires controllers to compare the subjects' rights to "the public interest in the availability of the data" when considering such requests.

The Right to Restrict Processing

Customers should be given the ability to “block” the processing of their personal data selectively or altogether.

Source: http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles...ata-Collection-How-To-Make-It-Work-124277.htm

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisation...dividual-rights/right-to-restrict-processing/
https://www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html

So yes, I can still use my Switch and Nintendo aren't allowed to get anything personal about me. I'm generally interested in what those GDPR reports that people have requested includes.
You created a post on - said you are unbanned IS this true ?

Last edited by linuxares, , Reason: Warez site

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No it's not me. I have a pretty good idea whom it is, some people can't just let it go. His ISP recommended me to go to the German police but I don't find it necessary for some argument on a website. Also I don't pull out my "hey look at me, I'm a mod" thing. It's not my style to try to get over someones head just because I got a staff connection or something on a site. I already told a person I rather pay the same price for a device as everyone else, I'm not above anyone else. My job here is just to clean up the threads so they don't get cluttered etc.

Reactions: kumikochan
D

Deleted_444986

No it's not me. I have a pretty good idea whom it is, some people can't just let it go. His ISP recommended me to go to the German police but I don't find it necessary for some argument on a website. Also I don't pull out my "hey look at me, I'm a mod" thing. It's not my style to try to get over someones head just because I got a staff connection or something on a site. I already told a person I rather pay the same price for a device as everyone else, I'm not above anyone else. My job here is just to clean up the threads so they don't get cluttered etc.
ok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp