Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Of course not. You were the one who willingly accepted Nintendo's Terms of Service when you used their online services then violated them by hacking the console. GDPR doesn't give you a right to their online services, that's unfair towards Nintendo. Servers cost money to maintain. At best, the GDPR ensures your personal information is protected from Nintendo but they can ban you without using any personal info so if you really thought this would unban you, you should have just bought a second console :P
But if they delete all my data they will also delete my ban isn't it ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know about that but it sucks that there is still no way to get unbanned like with the 3ds
It's possible in theory, but it's a bit different than the 3DS, due to bans being an almost 100% certainty and happening within days. Public files to unban like the LFCS_B won't last long and it'll quickly become a losing battle. In fact, they could very easily add a check so that if multiple people are seen online with the same cert, it's an instant ban.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ha you do know sooner or later freedom of speech will be a thing of the past with trump in office you'll see,anyways this isn't the political forum so i'm ending it at that
This doesn't make sense for me. Republicans would be the first people going to jail without it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but what if I wanna update the system O
I PAID FOR ?
You paid for the console not the online services. You can play your console without updating it. This has already been discussed in great detail over the past 30+ pages. When you buy the console, you buy a license to use it but you are not automatically entitled to the online services. Those must be given upon accepting Nintendo's Terms of Services which the GDPR holds no bearing over. The GDPR is not going to unban someone who voluntarily broke Nintendo's Terms of Services; you cannot play the role of the victim in this scenario.
But if they delete all my data they will also delete my ban isn't it ?
Personal data such as name, address, date of birth, etc. can be deleted however that is not used to log the ban. That's what the console certificate is for which is not personal and actually belongs to Nintendo since they were the ones who manufactured it. When you bought the console, you bought a license to use the console and subsequently its certificate meaning the ownership is temporary and not tied to you.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Full Metal
A

a9lh-1user

Okay now a funny story for ya all!

BTW i life in Europe!

Years ago i bought Windows NT 4 in a PC store.
It came with a book and a CD also as with the CD Key.
Now the funny part!
After opening it there was a flyer with some informations about the "legal statement".
I read it and what do you think!

You could use the software on the CD but the CD is property of Microsoft and can be asked back at any time!

So it means for the money i spend i had bought the right to use the software! But the CD doesn't belong to me it was property of MS!

That was 22 years ago°

What do you all think how "waterproofed" those SLA's are today ;)

Reactions: Full Metal

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay now a funny story for ya all!
And here is another:
Back in 2003 there was a school here getting all their PCs licensed. So after all the bureaucracy was done the tech in charge asked the ms rep for a CD to finish installing on the new machines and he told him: "Just use any pirate disc, doesn't matter.":rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT