Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
As usual nowadays on GBA : a pure speculative 34 pages thread...
Did anyone at least tried to contact Nintendo about that GDPR thing ?
If no, then this thread is nothing more than a wind turbine, brewing wind...

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Though I would be delighted if this actually turns out to be working the way you intend it to be, I highly doubt they will kindly grant your request as in "You asked for it, here we will reverse your ban even though you heavily violated our Terms of Service" ;)

Edit: I never fully read their ToS (I mean who did and still remembers?) but I guess they are protecting their butt against anything like this. Or at least they will in the next ToS update :rofl:
Tos can't disable laws.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I am an EU citizen have an eu switch and eu account on it. I disabled the information sharing on both my switch and my nintendo account.
Am i safe now
I dont know if i should send the email or nor
What if they sue you

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am an EU citizen have an eu switch and eu account on it. I disabled the information sharing on both my switch and my nintendo account.
Am i safe now
What if they sue you
No, you are not safe. Nothing can prevent a ban except not going online with a Switch that is used to play pirated games. Except backing up your NAND before doing so and restoring it everytime you want to go online, wiping all your progress since said backup in the process.
There's really only one way to not get banned: don't pirate.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Am i safe now
What if they sue you

Safe from what? From a ban? Cause if that's so...no, no you are not

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh US is a shithole mostly just must pick a good EU country to legally immigrate to and no not just because of the GDPR i nearly hate everything in the US land of the free my ass you don't turn your spy agency on all citizens just the terrorist anyways getting a bit off topic here so I'll leave it at that

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh US is a shithole mostly just must pick a good EU country to legally immigrate to and no not just because of the GDPR i nearly hate everything in the US land of the free my ass you don't turn your spy agency on all citizens just the terrorist anyways getting a bit off topic here so I'll leave it at that
Sorry for the offtopic remark but, usually, it is shithole countries that jail and fine citizens for voicing peacefully their opinions, something you wont see in the US. Giving up on something invaluable like that seems plain stupidity for me, you will only start valuing it when you lose and end up needing it.
Also, the whole GDPR law seems it was designed more like a way to hurt small competitors and help large conglomerates than actual care for the consumer data security, which could be the reason why we didn't see any protests from said conglomerates like Google and OVH.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I have something us EU Citizens can try. I believe this data collection is going against the privacy laws in the EU.
The EU couldn't give less of a fuck about your or my privacy, it's all for show, bud. With the birth of the EU, it brought problems that didn't exist before and this dictatorship of theirs is only going to get worse.

Reactions: Pachee

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And the award for the dumbest post on GBAtemp goes to:

The EU couldn't give less of a fuck about your or my privacy, it's all for show, bud. With the birth of the EU, it brought problems that didn't exist before and this dictatorship of theirs is only going to get worse.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the offtopic remark but, usually, it is shithole countries that jail and fine citizens for voicing peacefully their opinions, something you wont see in the US. Giving up on something invaluable like that seems plain stupidity for me, you will only start valuing it when you lose and end up needing it.
Also, the whole GDPR law seems it was designed more like a way to hurt small competitors and help large conglomerates than actual care for the consumer data security, which could be the reason why we didn't see any protests from said conglomerates like Google and OVH.

ha you do know sooner or later freedom of speech will be a thing of the past with trump in office you'll see,anyways this isn't the political forum so i'm ending it at that

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I sent them this and they didn't reply so I sent them the email multiple times then they asked me to chill the fuck down :rofl:
(it's in french but basically the only response I got was just to not send multiple times the same email)
I also checked if they unbanned me and they didn't, do I have to restart my console ?

Attachments

• chill.PNG
    chill.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 291

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I sent them this and they didn't reply so I sent them the email multiple times then they asked me to chill the fuck down :rofl:
(it's in french but basically the only response I got was just to not send multiple times the same email)
I also checked if they unbanned me and they didn't, do I have to restart my console ?
Interesting. I tried to throw that into Google translate, and what I got was "We have taken your request into account, no need to send it multiple times, thanks".

I'd respond with this, just to see if it gets the gears turning faster:
As laid down in Article 12(3) GDPR, you have to provide the requested information to me without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. According to Article 15(3) GDPR, you have to answer this request without cost to me.

Has it been a month?

I mean, I know you won't get unbanned, I'm just intrigued you got a response out of them at all. :P

Last edited by bundat,

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Yes, you have to restart the console.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait that thing won't get me unbanned ?
Of course not. You were the one who willingly accepted Nintendo's Terms of Service when you used their online services then violated them by hacking the console. GDPR doesn't give you a right to their online services, that's unfair towards Nintendo. Servers cost money to maintain. At best, the GDPR ensures your personal information is protected from Nintendo but they can ban you without using any personal info so if you really thought this would unban you, you should have just bought a second console :P

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Of course not. You were the one who willingly accepted Nintendo's Terms of Service when you used their online services then violated them by hacking the console. GDPR doesn't give you a right to their online services, that's unfair towards Nintendo. Servers cost money to maintain. At best, the GDPR ensures your personal information is protected from Nintendo but they can ban you without using any personal info so if you really thought this would unban you, you should have just bought a second console :P
Yeah but what if I wanna update the system O
I PAID FOR ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM