I don't think image needs any translation. 800 tl is over 500$
If I ever decide to buy a 3DS I might just get it off eBay

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, I wouldn't buy one with those prices (the Turkish ones). That's worse than the thing where Apple thought 1 Euro = 1 USD.

mkoo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chao1212 said:
Woah, I wouldn't buy one with those prices (the Turkish ones). That's worse than the thing where Apple thought 1 Euro = 1 USD.
When iPhone 4 was first launched in Turkey it's cost was about 2400 Turkish Liras (unlocked) which makes over 1500$ and 1000€

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mkoo said:
chao1212 said:
When iPhone 4 was first launched in Turkey it's cost was about 2400 Turkish Liras (unlocked) which makes over 1500$ and 1000€
Jeez. Is there a reason they keep overpricing everything there?

mkoo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chao1212 said:
mkoo said:
chao1212 said:
Jeez. Is there a reason they keep overpricing everything there?
Both Apple and Nintendo products are sold by distributors in Turkey. Bilkom and Nortec Eurasia. They take their share.
Also there is the issue of 18% Turkish Value added tax. But afaik EU also have a similar tax.
The prime reason is the value of Turkish Lira. Few years back government removed 6 digits. In truth 1 USD makes over 1.500.000 Turkish Liras.

This can be compensated by doing regional prices. For example since Japan has a better average income Nintendo products costs more over there.
But apparently Nintendo does not give a damn about Turkey. You can't use Wii Shop Channel if you select your location as Turkey. You have to select UK.
On the other hand Turkish PSN store is live. And charges in local currency

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
chao1212 said:
Wait, you didn't know? (almost) Every company does that. Fuck, it's fucking annoying for us Dutch people.

mkoo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
chao1212 said:
Wait, you didn't know? (almost) Every company does that. Fuck, it's fucking annoying for us Dutch people.
Because they think you're richer than Americans. Or you have a smaller price elasticity of demand.. yes I'm studying economics.

4-leaf-clover

SHSL LUCKSTER :/
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sausage Head said:
Username115 said:
here at the netherlands at a local gamestore i can get it for 189 if i give them my old ds
GameMania?
I know they trade used games, but not actual consoles.
But, DS or DS lite?
I have an old DS original I want to get rid of
smile.gif

they only allow Dslite Dsi DsIXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DTApple @ DTApple: Except that.