Everdrive GBA is finally a reality

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bet...damn lot of gba games out there. Did you take any pics of the cart in various GBAs? Personally I love that it is reminiscent of Boktai because it'll match my Boktai GBAsp.
Yep, I'll show a pic of the cart in every GBA model ever released ;) (big fan of the GBA, I own them all)

EDIT: Tested Shantae, slows down as usual in Goomba Color.

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I'll show a pic of the cart in every GBA model ever released ;) (big fan of the GBA, I own them all)

EDIT: Tested Shantae, slows down as usual in Goomba Color.
Yeah its my all time favorite game console. In my opinion the only thing the system lacked was a legit survival horror game. I wpuld be happy if someone translated/patched Silent Hill Play Novel or Ghost Trap. Sadly no one seems to have.

I expected as much from Shante...its cool...Ill just keep using my GB Everdrive.

Reactions: raulpica

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone on the edge about this, it might be worth waiting a few more months, as a 'premium' version sounds like it's going to be released:
wEkcNZD.png

I'm still excited for the review, I can't imagine there's a whole lot more to add but at this point I might hold my breath a little.

Last edited by Hking0036,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sweet!
I might eventually get an Everdrive GBA and retire all of me GBA flashcards.
Probably display them in a case or something.
send me them or get me a gba everydrive as a gift for being your trustworthy gbatemp friend :wub::wub: and make me up for the bad m3 you sold me? :C

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For anyone on the edge about this, it might be worth waiting a few more months, as a 'premium' version sounds like it's going to be released:
wEkcNZD.png

I'm still excited for the review, I can't imagine there's a whole lot more to add but at this point I might hold my breath a little.

Double sided pcb so it fits in a normal size case. Can't see what else can be added.

No idea, other than rumble+tilt there's nothing really significant left out.

Also, for @raulpica there's since been a new os released for it that helps with the compatibility http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5410.0

all of that
and cheat features
real time save (the m3 had it so why not everydrive)
multiple save features (other m3 feature)
compatibility with gba exploader so we can use borders on the ds(lite) :wub::wub:

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
send me them or get me a gba everydrive as a gift for being your trustworthy gbatemp friend :wub::wub: and make me up for the bad m3 you sold me? :C

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

all of that
and cheat features
real time save (the m3 had it so why not everydrive)
multiple save features (other m3 feature)
compatibility with gba exploader so we can use borders on the ds(lite) :wub::wub:
All everdrives have Gameshark support as a general rule. Don't know if this one does, but that's most likely more of a software thing.

Last edited by Hking0036,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It works but I told you about the corrupted memory issue/bad memory issue, there are several games that don't work because of that, but they do work on others people m3 :(

Firmware update?
Card formatted differently?

99$ for a f****g GBA R4? :unsure:

Difference between an Everdrive and an R4 is that the R4 is complete shit quality with no support.

Reactions: aplant92

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
my R4 works since 2009

So does me mums DSTT.
Doesn't change the fact that it's still an unsupported and cloned cart.

Original manufacturer has long abandoned it and the only way it received updates was via reverse engineering.

Reactions: raulpica

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So does me mums DSTT.
Doesn't change the fact that it's still an unsupported and cloned cart.

Original manufacturer has long abandoned it and the only way it received updates was via reverse engineering.
Yeah but at the time i bought it for like 5$ lol, not 99$ not worth it for 14 years old games

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Firmware update?
Card formatted differently?

Difference between an Everdrive and an R4 is that the R4 is complete shit quality with no support.
Nay, psram got bad sectors, trust me tried everything to fix it and troubleshooting.. Injecting a ROM into cart and verifying it most data is alright but there is a small. Area that doesn't match..Most games work but some don't even launch..
I wish I could somehow solder a new psram chip to fix it.. But I don't know where I could find such chip..

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah but at the time i bought it for like 5$ lol, not 99$ not worth it for 14 years old games

You pay for the quality including the assurance of firmware updates + any repairs might the card not work.
You're not forced to purchase the card you know.

Nay, psram got bad sectors, trust me tried everything to fix it and troubleshooting.. Injecting a ROM into cart and verifying it most data is alright but there is a small. Area that doesn't match..Most games work but some don't even launch..
I wish I could somehow solder a new psram chip to fix it.. But I don't know where I could find such chip..

Hm damn ;/
That was a thing I also didn't knew.

Reactions: cvskid

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You pay for the quality including the assurance of firmware updates + any repairs might the card not work.
You're not forced to purchase the card you know.

Hm damn ;/
That was a thing I also didn't knew.
My R4 is ok since 2009 x2
Aaand not, imho still not worth 90$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    mmm, sounds good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not a brownie, and its not a cake, so what is it- Texas sheet cake.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded out of the cakes everywhere while baking, was still ok tho, just no lava inside.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had our grandkids over yesterday and I got a small above ground swimming pool I filled for them to play in. Well today I woke to find 3 ducks swimming around in it. Don't mind really but they are annoyingly loud, quack quack. Gotta drain it today. Guess what were having for dinner, lol.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    BBQ'd 🦆
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also i'm sorry your molten lava cakes failed
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just looked up a pic of texas sheet cake, and it looks delicious
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🌋 Science Project?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used butter instead of vegetable oil, and think that's why they squirted out during baking, who knows
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah i think oil is the right call
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus if you're making brownies or lava cakes for people with dairy allergies, you should use oil instead of butter anyway
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?