Gaming Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 39,211
  • Replies 416
  • Likes 8

Which year do you think the first version (3DS or Wii U) of SSB4 will come out?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 43 37.7%

Votes: 47 41.2%

Votes: 14 12.3%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Will be taking a new direction huh? Not sure How much I like the sound of that...
That's old news. At any rate, I don't think there'll be a problem. I doubt he means the core mechanics are gonna change, he just wants it to really evolve the way 64 evolved into Melee, not like the change from Melee to Brawl, which was basically the same thing as Melee except with more content and tweaked mechanics.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Who I want to see in ssb4:

Daisy
Toad
Waluigi
Bomberman
Some super mario bros 2 characters
Some Bowser kids (from SMB 3)

Daisy- Eh, she's just a Peach recolor, and would probably play like a Peach clone.
Toad- Toad would actually be kind of cool
Waluigi- Like Daisy, he's only appeared in the sports games. I can't imagine what they would base his move-set and fighting style off of.
Bomberman- Maybe
Some super mario bros 2 characters- Like who? Wart? Birdo?
Some Bowser kids (from SMB 3)- Personally, I don't think any of them are distinctive enough to warrant being their own character.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who I want to see in ssb4:

Daisy
Toad
Waluigi
Bomberman
Some super mario bros 2 characters
Some Bowser kids (from SMB 3)

Daisy- Eh, she's just a Peach recolor, and would probably play like a Peach clone.
Toad- Toad would actually be kind of cool
Waluigi- Like Daisy, he's only appeared in the sports games. I can't imagine what they would base his move-set and fighting style off of.
Bomberman- Maybe
Some super mario bros 2 characters- Like who? Wart? Birdo?
Some Bowser kids (from SMB 3)- Personally, I don't think any of them are distinctive enough to warrant being their own character.

Lol Birdo shooting eggs would be pretty awesome and Wart would be too. Even a Mouser character would be cool but would be too similar to Bomberman. I agree the bowser kids don't have much distinction, but you can delve into them a bit with the SMB 3 cartoon.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol Birdo shooting eggs would be pretty awesome and Wart would be too. Even a Mouser character would be cool but would be too similar to Bomberman. I agree the bowser kids don't have much distinction, but you can delve into them a bit with the SMB 3 cartoon.
the cartoon is an American show considered non-canon, and no official Nintendo media actually acknowledges the Mario or Zelda cartoons. Even Japanese manga and shows (the Zelda mangas, Kirby: Right Back at Ya) aren't acknowledged as canon (with the exception of the Metroid Manga, on which many of Other M's elements were based).

That said, I think Bowser Jr. is distinguishable enough to be a character.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, everyone always lists off the CHARACTERS they want, how about move sets or items or stages? Gawd.

Anyway, what I think would be neat is to see Pits move-set change radically to match uprising. Like how the Pokemon trainer can change pokemon he can toggle between 4 weapons (Club, Bow, Blade, Claw) and each one alters his stats a bit (the Club would make him a bit heavier, Blade would be his default, Bow is more range oriented, Claws hit softer but let him move faster.) make him more versitile and fun to use, in fact, do that with other characters too, like Kirby's abilites change his stats a bit too.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You know, everyone always lists off the CHARACTERS they want, how about move sets or items or stages? Gawd.
Hm... I'll need some time to think about that.
Anyway, what I think would be neat is to see Pits move-set change radically to match uprising. Like how the Pokemon trainer can change pokemon he can toggle between 4 weapons (Club, Bow, Blade, Claw) and each one alters his stats a bit (the Club would make him a bit heavier, Blade would be his default, Bow is more range oriented, Claws hit softer but let him move faster.) make him more versitile and fun to use, in fact, do that with other characters too, like Kirby's abilites change his stats a bit too.
I've thought a bit about Pit's moveset, as well. He should definitely be much more agile and melee-oriented due to his Uprising appearance. Also, I think rather than toggling different weapons with massive differences in play type, I think the different weapons should function sort of like Peach's sports clubs did for smash attacks: Cycling at random for different power and speed.

For example, Pit's neutral special, the bowshot, should cycle between a few of the different bows and staves every time he uses it, and all of them will have a different range, speed, and power. his neutral attack would cycle the same way through various blades, and his side smash would cycle through different arms and possibly clubs. His grab could use claws in the sense that he swipes at the enemy with them as he holds them (the typical "grab damage" that happens as you hold someone). And I'm sure his various other special attacks could be replaced with ones that use the orbitars and other weapons I didn't mention here.

Oh, and of course, his final smash would be the Great Sacred Treasure.

All of this could combine to make Pit a really risky wild card of a character that requires much skill to master, but really pays off if you do. What do you think?

Super Smash Bros. needs more Mother.
True. It also needs more F-Zero and Metroid characters... each of those only have one character in Smash. I can imagine Samurai Goroh and Ridley making appearances. As for Mother, I don't really know since I haven't played much of the Mother games.

Reactions: The Milkman

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be cool if they add old snake to it.
My personal guess is that they would remove both Sonic and Snake so they can add different 3rd party characters. Otherwise, they would eventually get oversaturated across various games.

Plus, the older Snake from MGS4 was never on a Nintendo platform. It's still the same character, sure, but that version of him would be noticeably out of place.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Plus, the older Snake from MGS4 was never on a Nintendo platform. It's still the same character, sure, but that version of him would be noticeably out of place.
Eh, I don't think that would be a problem, personally. Assuming Snake is in the next one (which I doubt), "old man Snake" could just be a palette swap for younger Snake.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users