Gaming Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 39,435
  • Replies 416
  • Likes 8

Which year do you think the first version (3DS or Wii U) of SSB4 will come out?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 43 37.7%

Votes: 47 41.2%

Votes: 14 12.3%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mewtwo because he ain't a clone as xwatchmanx said.
Dr. Mario but with a change of moves. I really liked mario with electric attacks instead of fire attacks.

Off topic (sorry)
I love the knee with C. Falcon
And I always choose lightning as main skill when I'm a mage in any game.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm fine with Mewtwo, he's an original character. Dr. Mario, however, is a big mistake. I mean, it's literally the same person (At least Young Link is a reincarnation... :P) Pichu is pretty much a suicide character when you have Pikachu. I know Roy is a clone, but Roy's is TOO EPIC. :P Young and Toon Link can go dig a hole when the 3DS Link comes out.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously want dr mario to come back, he was my main competitive character to play (second was fox). I had the doc punch meteor down to an art...

D

Deleted User

OP
I seriously want dr mario to come back, he was my main competitive character to play (second was fox). I had the doc punch meteor down to an art...

Just saying: good luck with that. I'm 90% sure that he ain't coming back. My previous post was just a opinion. Besides, I suck with Mario. I'd rather suck with Kirby. (YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?! But seriously, Kirby's my main)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think they should evenly balance Mario's abilities between regular Mario and Dr. Mario (like in Project M), and just make Dr. Mario an alternate palette swap for Mario. Then everyone's happy. :P

Reactions: 2 people

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be ok if they didn't, I still have diddy kong and snake to fall back on, but I will definitely have to learn a new character because of how much they tend to change between the games. Kirby on nintendo 64, doctor mario on gcn, and diddy kong on wii, those are the characters I would play competitively as

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want Dr, Mewtwo, and Roy, just because you can still do a whole lot with them, especially if they were brought back. I once again express my desire of different "movesets" or costumes to go with a cetain character, saves space on the CSS: Give characters like Mario different abilities that go with different costumes. Being able to pick Mario's Doctor outfit after you pick Mario would be kinda of great, it would change his moveset just a tad, but okay.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted User

OP
Give characters like Mario different abilities that go with different costumes. Being able to pick Mario's Doctor outfit after you pick Mario would be kinda of great, it would change his moveset just a tad, but okay.

The problem with that is in multiplayer mode. People will all want to play as Link in the Dark costume to get shadow attacks, but there's only one person out of four that can get it. Sometimes, that can lead to an advantage. Besides, just imagine the size of tier chart. O_O

Reactions: 1 person

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with that is in multiplayer mode. People will all want to play as Link in the Dark costume to get shadow attacks, but there's only one person out of four that can get it. Sometimes, that can lead to an advantage. Besides, just imagine the size of tier chart. O_O

I didn't mean it like that. xD We wouldn't just be limited to like 5 costumes, I'm thinking most characters can have seperate costumes plus recolors just like Wario did in Brawl. In SSB4's case, Wario's Classic costume and Ware costume would be two seperate movesets. Maybe for Link, characters can hit some kind of Toonify button to get Toon Link. Hey, this might also be used to switch between Zelda/Shiek or Samus/ZSS. It really opens up the possibilities, but I really feel bad for all the programmers. X.x'

D

Deleted User

OP

I didn't mean it like that. xD We wouldn't just be limited to like 5 costumes, I'm thinking most characters can have seperate costumes plus recolors just like Wario did in Brawl. In SSB4's case, Wario's Classic costume and Ware costume would be two seperate movesets. Maybe for Link, characters can hit some kind of Toonify button to get Toon Link. Hey, this might also be used to switch between Zelda/Shiek or Samus/ZSS. It really opens up the possibilities, but I really feel bad for all the programmers. X.x'

I just think that'd be way too complicated for a party game. Just regular characters, please.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just think that'd be way too complicated for a party game. Just regular characters, please.
Indeed. Might as well be separate if they have different movesets. Personally, I think characters like Dr. Mario should be limited to simple palette swaps of the original characters with no changes but their look (like Wario's "warioware" costume and his "classic" costume)

Reactions: 1 person

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can bet my bottom that we will be getting AR cards for this too. I can take some sweet pics of link slashing Mr. Game&Watch in the face! It would be cool if only certain charecters could be unlocked through an AR card. Or certain items/trophies/stickers etc.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can bet my bottom that we will be getting AR cards for this too. I can take some sweet pics of link slashing Mr. Game&Watch in the face! It would be cool if only certain charecters could be unlocked through an AR card. Or certain items/trophies/stickers etc.
No, all in bold would just honestly suck.

Reactions: 5 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3