Gaming Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 39,435
  • Replies 416
  • Likes 8

Which year do you think the first version (3DS or Wii U) of SSB4 will come out?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 43 37.7%

Votes: 47 41.2%

Votes: 14 12.3%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rejected.jpg

I see how it is :P

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Anything and DLC/AR cards that are essential to gameplay does not go well together.
Indeed. Kid Icarus: Uprising had a cool little AR card feature (that I have yet to try, btw), but it was absolutely non-essential to gameplay. If such a thing makes it into SSB4, it should stay that way.

D

Deleted User

OP
I can bet my bottom that we will be getting AR cards for this too. I can take some sweet pics of link slashing Mr. Game&Watch in the face! It would be cool if only certain charecters could be unlocked through an AR card. Or certain items/trophies/stickers etc.
No, all in bold would just honestly suck.

I agree. You could just go to a website that collects photos of every AR card and bam, the fun is taken away. Besides, the gameplay would be greatly suffer.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if cap com does decide to release charecters for this game, who would you like to see? I know the obvious is megaman, but personally I'd like to see this guy...
Residentevil.jpg
Final Smash: A cap to yo face

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Would they actually put in people from street fighter? The combo systems are really different aren't they?
So what? Different play style never stopped Solid Snake (3rd person stealth), any pokemon (turn-based RPG), or Fire Emblem characters (turn-based strategy) from being in Smash Bros. It was never the goal of Smash Bros. to keep the same playstyle of the characters from their own games, just to keep the spirit and ability of the characters intact.

Personally I can imagine Hadouken being Ryu's main special, shoryuken being his up special, and his spinning kick thing being his over special. :-p

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just leave this here
gallery_122809_405_2359.png

Probably Megaman and Isaac, Geno has apparently been in kind of a copyright hell between Square Enix and Nintendo so that's why he hasn't been used much.

Also Megaman and Isaac are more noticeable. Megaman has always been rather Nintendo-centric and Isaac is part of a Nintendo franchise anyway.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brawl isn't slow! Melee is too fast! :P But seriously, I played Brawl first, and then Melee. The high-speeds made it difficult for me to play, plus the fact I'm used to Wii + Nunchuck made the controls even harder. I just hope SSB4 will be in-between.
I think that's what it largely boils down to, honestly. People like me who played Melee first find Brawl too slow, and vice versa.
I played Melee first and I like everything about Brawl better except for the lack of some older characters and the annoying Wii controls.
I always use the GC controller.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give characters like Mario different abilities that go with different costumes. Being able to pick Mario's Doctor outfit after you pick Mario would be kinda of great, it would change his moveset just a tad, but okay.

The problem with that is in multiplayer mode. People will all want to play as Link in the Dark costume to get shadow attacks, but there's only one person out of four that can get it. Sometimes, that can lead to an advantage. Besides, just imagine the size of tier chart. O_O
Personalized experience.
Could include finding all the items, kinda like in TF2.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I played Melee first and I like everything about Brawl better except for the lack of some older characters and the annoying Wii controls.
I always use the GC controller.
I agree, GCN controller ftw! Though believe it or not, the Wiimote by itself works great too, with some custom control tweaks (though not as good as the GCN controller)

The only character I miss from Melee is Mewtwo, and that's cuz he was the only non-clone they removed (how ironic, lol).

Aside from that, I prefer Brawl, except for some small (but in my opinion major) play mechanics. In Brawl, you have the infamous randomized tripping (SAKURAAAAAIIIIIII!!!!), for one. Also, it feels more difficult to turn around in between attacks (you have no idea how many times I've tried to turn right and smash someone TO my right, only to smash left because I didn't wait long enough before hitting the attack button). And finally, many moves and items that felt balanced in Melee just feel cheap in Brawl: where getting hit by rapid-fire attacks in melee (the fan, kirby's fighter punches) could be quickly escaped with some skill and creative dodging/shielding after a few hits, in Brawl you're basically at the complete mercy of your attacker until something sends you flying, or your attacker lets up.

But aside from those, I agree, Brawl was much better.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't have those turn around and smash issues because I just use the C-stick.
Also, they should have just kept Mewtwo and left Wolf out. Why do we need three clones of the same character? >_<
True, but that still screws you if you want to use a charged-up smash. >.<

And I haven't unlocked wolf yet (only had the game for about a month). Is he really just another Fox clone? :-\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3