Tutorial  Updated

Exclusive Online play for banned members Network possible

Special thanks to @spacemeowx2 at https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play for the tool
and @mastertwin for the tutorial

this works on all firmwares, hacked or not hacked switch, Banned or not Banned switch. game updated prefered. Mainly useful to play in community public servers.

things you would need:
-https://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm
-https://www.github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play/releases

1. Edit Switch Internet settings
-set IP adress to static
-make up an IP address. your unique IP can be anything from 10.13.0.1 to 10.13.255.254 (Except 10.13.37.1 because its Gateway)
-input your made up IP address at the IP address section.
-Subnet Mask stays at 255.255.0.0
-Gateway stays at 10.13.37.001
-Configure DNS primary to manual. Configure DNS primary to 008.008.008.008
if you have a hacked console and are not banned yet, use 90 DNS to avoid telemetry. 90 DNS settings are "163.172.141.219" for primary and secondary DNS to "45.248.48.62"
-Save and that is it here.

6StyB4c.jpg

2. Download software

3. Run Software
-Install winpcap fully
-double click on lan-play.exe and copy paste public server of your choice

available public servers:
35.236.10.223:11451

189.222.60.255:11451
VVbnpUD.jpg
-press enter. it will prompt you to enter your switch's LAN "interface".

Your interface will be the option containing your PCs IP address.
To find your PCs IP address, go to start on your PC and type in CMD. In CMD type: ipconfig
-you should get something like this

QutRhTG.png
You may get more than one adapters, but In most cases, computer's IP address would be found in the first one. This is the one that connects to the internet and is connected to the router. it will be in the IPv4 section.

TuSIwBP.png
In this case interface 5 has the same IP from earlier (computer's IP address). So 5 is the interface that must be chosen. Type 5 and press enter.

if youre having problems with this step you can try different interface numbers until the switch can later on connect to your PCs internet. Also, try resetting your computer and switch if problems persist. Its possible your PC needs a restart to fully instlall wincap

4. Connect internet on Console and verify connected to internet fully.

LTc9AWj.jpg

5. Run game. Head to online play. Highlight Wireless Option. Hold (L+R+LStick ) to enable LAN mode.
BEFORE:
kXaSGyX.jpg

AFTER:

R2QC9MD.jpg

5. Join room or create room. Creating a new room helps people join your room if your hosting a match.

6. Enjoy Free Online play with friends/people around the world on the same server.

spanish tutorial by mastertwin here:

Last edited by Don Jon,

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
@Elliander only a few games support LAN. Rest (if they have any interaction) support local wireless and this completely different thing.
We are talking about simply forwarding packets through tunnel vs capturing Wi-Fi ad-hoc connection and forwarding it further.

Yes, I am aware of that and I even pointed it out myself, but there has to be a way around those limitations as well. Supposedly, in the same house, two Switches can be connected via LAN cable or Wireless while docked, so why can't we trick it?

For example, suppose you turned your computer into a wifi repeater. Ordinarily, that would just be used to increase the range with a second wireless card, but suppose you took the wireless connection from a Switch, connect that to a PC, and then sent those packets to another computer somewhere to trick the Switch into thinking that the other Switch is in the same room when it's really halfway around the world. Similar, I guess, to a "Wireless Ethernet Bridge" although in that case a wireless signal forwards the LAN connection.

In principle, all you would need to do is figure out how to reverse the direction of a product like this one to accept a wireless signal from the Switch and turn it into a wired connection, so the Switches all think they are on wireless connections.

Alternatively, since LAN mode is a hidden game mode like discussed here, shouldn't it be possible to mod a LAN mode into games? Assuming the LAN mode works the same, that is. and if so, a simple mod would expand online play without needing Nintendo's servers, though it would still be a limited list.

I get why up to 12 TVs can be connected in LAN mode vs 8 in Wireless mode (hardware limitations), but the fact that so many games support wireless but not LAN doesn't make sense to me. Personally, even for local play, I'd prefer a LAN party over wireless because the connection will always be more stable.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Question about LAN play: Is there any way of doing that without going online? As I understand it, airplane mode is disabled when docked, and connecting a LAN cable to the internet for this type of server exposes the console to detection by Nintendo, doesn't it?

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if u havent hacked ur switch no need to worry about exposure to ninty, if you have you can always use 90 DNS and disable telemetry with ninty as well. But maybe editing CFW will get you waht u want.

Last edited by Don Jon,

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Question about LAN play: Is there any way of doing that without going online? As I understand it, airplane mode is disabled when docked, and connecting a LAN cable to the internet for this type of server exposes the console to detection by Nintendo, doesn't it?
You still don't get it.
LAN is local area network.
Doesn't matter if it's by wireless card or Ethernet card commonly called LAN card.
LAN is not type of your connection but type of network you connect to.
You can always remove dns from your connection/access point.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
@Elliander only a few games support LAN. Rest (if they have any interaction) support local wireless and this completely different thing.
We are talking about simply forwarding packets through tunnel vs capturing Wi-Fi ad-hoc connection and forwarding it further.

The tunneling would operate under essentially the same principle. The difference is capturing traffic on your network via a wifi adapter connected directly to your Switch vs capturing traffic via an ethernet adapter (either through router or directly connected). The main barrier of entry to the first is that it requires a wifi card capable of operating in promiscuous mode. You also need to connect it to the internet via a second ethernet NIC.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Quadrotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Special thanks to @spacemeowx2 at https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play for the tool
and @mastertwin for the tutorial

this works on all firmwares, hacked or not hacked switch, Banned or not Banned switch. game updated prefered. Mainly useful to play in community public servers.

things you would need:
-https://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm
-https://www.github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play/releases

1. Edit Switch Internet settings
-set IP adress to static
-make up an IP address. your unique IP can be anything from 10.13.0.1 to 10.13.255.254 (Except 10.13.37.1 because its Gateway)
-input your made up IP address at the IP address section.
-Subnet Mask stays at 255.255.0.0
-Gateway stays at 10.13.37.001
-Configure DNS primary to manual. Configure DNS primary to 008.008.008.008
if you have a hacked console and are not banned yet, use 90 DNS to avoid telemetry. 90 DNS settings are "163.172.141.219" for primary and secondary DNS to "45.248.48.62"
-Save and that is it here.

6StyB4c.jpg

2. Download software

3. Run Software
-Install winpcap fully
-double click on lan-play.exe and copy paste public server of your choice

available public servers:
35.236.10.223:11451

189.222.60.255:11451
VVbnpUD.jpg
-press enter. it will prompt you to enter your switch's LAN "interface".

Your interface will be the option containing your PCs IP address.
To find your PCs IP address, go to start on your PC and type in CMD. In CMD type: ipconfig
-you should get something like this

QutRhTG.png
You may get more than one adapters, but In most cases, computer's IP address would be found in the first one. This is the one that connects to the internet and is connected to the router. it will be in the IPv4 section.

TuSIwBP.png
In this case interface 5 has the same IP from earlier (computer's IP address). So 5 is the interface that must be chosen. Type 5 and press enter.

if youre having problems with this step you can try different interface numbers until the switch can later on connect to your PCs internet.

4. Connect internet on Console and verify connected to internet fully.

LTc9AWj.jpg

5. Run game. Head to online play. Highlight Wireless Option. Hold (L+R+LStick ) to enable LAN mode.
BEFORE:
kXaSGyX.jpg

AFTER:

R2QC9MD.jpg

5. Join room or create room. Creating a new room helps people join your room if your hosting a match.

6. Enjoy Free Online play with friends/people around the world on the same server.

spanish tutorial by mastertwin here:

all we need now is to be able to use this on the eshop!

lake2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe no one is playing on this server?

i try the public server, there should be people playing.
let me try differ game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what firmware does mk8 deluxe requires you to be in, and does it need any updates
i wonder how this will play into action as for people who havent updated games firmware or whatever

yes it ask me to update, but i ignore it. does it mean i need the latest update?

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
let me try differ game.
Dude there is nothing like "public" server.
This is some guy's server he shared IP with us.
This is no online service.
Only simple LAN connection tunelled between all clients.
Kind of client 2 client VPN simply speaking.

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me try differ game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes it ask me to update, but i ignore it. does it mean i need the latest update?
Yes u need latest update of mk8 as others are in latest update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...