Homebrew WIP Experimental Switch emulator in C#

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that we can dump games, how do we load xci files in Ryujinx?

If you use a game like PuyoPuyo Tetris which works, you can take the xci file and extract it until you have the following files:

main
main.npdm
RomFS.romfs
rtld
sdk
subsdk0
subsdk1
subsdk2
subsdk3

After that, it's just a case of dragging and dropping the folder with those files onto the Ryujinx application.

This video can help explain each of the steps on how to do this - https://ruvid.net/video/how-to-extract-any-switch-game-in-8-minutes-AyujiDyUY-o.html

Also if you're looking to Build one of the Ryujinx branches (ie: other versions of Ryujinx from the GITHUB) which includes Audio, you can check this video out: as this guy does a great job at explaining how to do this.

catcher40

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, if Ryujinx now supports xci, nsp and nca formats then where would we put the key files from the nintendo switch that are needed to decrypt the games and what do they need to be called as i would assume that you would need both the main keys and the game key. i tried putting them in the ryufs directory but they didnt seem to work, maybe i have them in the wrong place or they are named wrong?

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to ask about the progress between Yuzu and Ryujinx, in terms of documenting instruction sets and the low-level/high-level code compatibilities between the C++ and the C# equivalent.

This is my focused concern. By knowing how we can translate C++ knowledge from Yuzu, to Ryujinx's C# implementation, it bodes well for any languages to be used to write new emulators.

Btw, shouldn't the thread title edited to include the name "Ryujinx" to attract new people? :D just my 2 cent
Report the thread and ask a mod to rename it, or have OP request a mod to rename it. Ushally that is the case, and the mods would reject out of respect for the author (who is also OP).

Never hurt to attempt it.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
I would like to ask about the progress between Yuzu and Ryujinx, in terms of documenting instruction sets and the low-level/high-level code compatibilities between the C++ and the C# equivalent.

This is my focused concern. By knowing how we can translate C++ knowledge from Yuzu, to Ryujinx's C# implementation, it bodes well for any languages to be used to write new emulators.
Okay, we are not in any way converting/translating yuzu's C++ to a C# equivalent, esp the low level or cpu stuff. they are both completely original implementations.

AdamN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you use a game like PuyoPuyo Tetris which works, you can take the xci file and extract it until you have the following files:

main
main.npdm
RomFS.romfs
rtld
sdk
subsdk0
subsdk1
subsdk2
subsdk3

After that, it's just a case of dragging and dropping the folder with those files onto the Ryujinx application.

This video can help explain each of the steps on how to do this - https://ruvid.net/video/how-to-extract-any-switch-game-in-8-minutes-AyujiDyUY-o.html

Also if you're looking to Build one of the Ryujinx branches (ie: other versions of Ryujinx from the GITHUB) which includes Audio, you can check this video out: as this guy does a great job at explaining how to do this.

Err that "how-to-extract-any-switch-game-in-8-minutes" seems to be a clickbait to some other (non-gaming/emulation related, political?) video :(

Last edited by AdamN,

Ac_K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The emulator is still in development!
You can join us on our discord to get news: https://discord.gg/N2FmfVc

There is a blog post about the beginning of the emulator too: https://blog.ryujinx.org/how-did-ryujinx-start/

And since some days we are able to run a lot of 3D games too:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

(More screenshots are available on our discord)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol