littlemac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am dumping my PS3 games using Multiman on PS3. This gives me an encrypted disc which I can then extract into JB files. The problem is, I'm unable to return the JB folder structure to ISO unless I have an IRD files, which some of my games don't have.

Given that I have both the JB folders and the encrypted full ISO, is there a way I can generate the IRD file?

littlemac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the ISO. I want to be able to convert it back and forth between ISO and the JB folder structure. I can convert the ISO, but can't convert it back without an IRD.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how ird files are made. I thought they were made when the game was dumped (not by the system). you might check mana gunz. it has an ird library. did you already check here: http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/ with that being said, I'm not sure if you can make an ird just from some game dump. it kinda defeats the purpose as well, because there's no way to know if any files are corrupted.

littlemac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm able to verify that the dumps are good by checking them with redump. Most of the IRDs I need are on that site, but not all of them. My understanding is that IRDs are made if you dump the game via PC but not via PS3. I don't have a blu-ray drive (non-PS3) capable of dumping the discs any other way and would really rather not buy one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just remembered this, but I think ird files are made by the cobra ode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if I were you, I'd download a different region (if it's available). I remember the last of us being fucked up (psarc being extracted with no xml to recompress it), so I had to use three different dumps of the game to get everything working (100% in ird aside from the deleted update pup).

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My friend she wants to make Shadow the Werehog character mod for her modding project. How many threads here are dedicated to extracting assets from Sony Playstation 3 games? By the way I still own this console PS3 fat model type. However I'm not sure if it's gonna be possible to...? Do I need to homebrew my game console? This one first or something? Sega and Sonic Team didn't re-released this game on PC Steam,yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/kC55we28Js8?si=5fLpug3Qa-S-70Mi