Emulation Extreme speed inconsistency with Wii64

throwawayaccount262d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been trying to play Majora's Mask on my Wii U for a while now, and finally thinking I had found the only way that has worked for me to this point was n64.
A couple of days ago I'd spent a couple of hours configuring it to make it work, installing new versions and messing with the settings until I thought I had it right.
Then I foolishly without checking the FPS counter and all the speed issues I had with that ordered a quite pricey (for my standards) Wii Classic Controller Pro, because the other control setups wouldn't work or are just objectively bad.
Today when the controller came in I found out that no the emulator wasn't running smoothly; it kept playing with the speed. When I didn't overclock it the game would run at 0.6-0.8x speed, when I did overclock it (using c2w overclocker) it would run at 1.2-1.6x speed. I've been messing with the settings for about 2 hours now, and nothing has allowed the game to run NORMALLY. Can anyone help me out? I am severely frustrated and disappointed which is even elevated as I've been anticipating and being excited at being finally able to play Majora's Mask normally.

Even a little sad, being honest.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been trying to play Majora's Mask on my Wii U for a while now, and finally thinking I had found the only way that has worked for me to this point was n64.
A couple of days ago I'd spent a couple of hours configuring it to make it work, installing new versions and messing with the settings until I thought I had it right.
Then I foolishly without checking the FPS counter and all the speed issues I had with that ordered a quite pricey (for my standards) Wii Classic Controller Pro, because the other control setups wouldn't work or are just objectively bad.
Today when the controller came in I found out that no the emulator wasn't running smoothly; it kept playing with the speed. When I didn't overclock it the game would run at 0.6-0.8x speed, when I did overclock it (using c2w overclocker) it would run at 1.2-1.6x speed. I've been messing with the settings for about 2 hours now, and nothing has allowed the game to run NORMALLY. Can anyone help me out? I am severely frustrated and disappointed which is even elevated as I've been anticipating and being excited at being finally able to play Majora's Mask normally.

Even a little sad, being honest.
majoras mask has an official release for both wiiu and wii by nintendo why the hell why you play that on emulator if you got another choice? also are you sure you are using not64 and not wii64? what versions and etc? it should be stable with limiter and overclock. make sure you adjust the clock divider too, overclock doesnt always need clock divider set to 1 you can do overclock with clock in 2 and some games perfer that way.

People this days are spoiled with frame consistance, if you had a real n64 you would die lol the games go all over the place.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
majoras mask has an official release for both wiiu and wii by nintendo why the hell why you play that on emulator if you got another choice? also are you sure you are using not64 and not wii64? what versions and etc? it should be stable with limiter and overclock. make sure you adjust the clock divider too, overclock doesnt always need clock divider set to 1 you can do overclock with clock in 2 and some games perfer that way.

People this days are spoiled with frame consistance, if you had a real n64 you would die lol the games go all over the place.
agreed

Why try to play a N64 game on an emulator if you have chance for play the official Nintendo rerelease for the Virtual Console of Wii/Wii U?

Same as Majora's Mask it happens to Yoshi's Story, where literally you cannot play the game in any N64 emulator on Wii, but only on Wii VC. Same happens to Paper Mario 64, which in emulators the game has random glitches and lockups where on Wii VC works fine though.

prince_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My advice:

patch the game with patcher64+ -> patch it with the advanced wide filter and some other cool stuff

inject it with uwuvci onto f-zero x US with disabled Dark Filter and Wide screen enabled.

Enjoy your widescreen MM with nice frame rate

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
My advice:

patch the game with patcher64+ -> patch it with the advanced wide filter and some other cool stuff

inject it with uwuvci onto f-zero x US with disabled Dark Filter and Wide screen enabled.

Enjoy your widescreen MM with nice frame rate
Patcher64+ only works with Wii (vWii) Virtual Console games

Also, why inject Majora's Mask to another Wii U VC game with UWUVCI if you can remove the dark filter from an original official N64 Wii U VC title?
Here https://gbatemp.net/threads/install-fixed-n64-games-without-dark-filter-on-wii-u-tutorial.526283/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8