Hacking EZ Flash IV keeps changing the name of my games in NOR space?

Scribs_03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got an EZ Flash IV and I know how to put games into NOR space. However, my problem is that when I boot my SP the games in NOR after playing for a bit and saving now a bunch of Chinese I can't read and the game won't load either.

I'm also in the process of replacing the save battery because it was dead when I got my cartridge. Do games in NOR need to be saved by the battery or something? Somebody please help me figure this out...

victorstk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just decided to buy the EverDrive GBA instead. I recommend it. There's no need to write to NOR and there's even RTC.
yeah but everdrive is really expensive where i live
and i kinda don't like the extra bulge on the cartridge

i will try to change the internal battery to see if this will work since my battery is dry too

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is definitely the battery. I had an EZ Flash IV with a short that drained the battery every 3-4 weeks. The NOR is always corrupted/garbled Chinese when the battery dies. Unless recent firmwares/themes have changed, there should also be a low battery warning dialogue right when you turn the GBA on and EZ Flash UI boots up.

If you only want to play games less than 16MB in size, you can just leave the battery out and rememeber to do a soft reset before shutting down to copy your SRAM to SD card. That's what I ended up doing with my broken EZ Flash IV.

Everdrive's bulge is a lot less irritating with the older candy-bar GBA since it sticks out the top instead of the bottom. Beware Everdrive's RTC support is far from perfect, especially if you play multiple pokemon games.

Last edited by romanaOne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson