Yellow571

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I recently got my EZ-Flash Parallel and so far it works great! The biggest issue I've noticed though is that games that use Nintendo WFC (more specifically, Pokemon Black) don't use my 3DS's WiFi settings and force me to use the in-game WiFi menu and only WEP connections. Is this intended? How can I fix this?

Yellow571

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know so quickly! I'll start using TWiLight Menu++ whenever I need to use Nintendo WFC. Is this something that might be fixed in the future by a kernel update, however?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know so quickly! I'll start using TWiLight Menu++ whenever I need to use Nintendo WFC. Is this something that might be fixed in the future by a kernel update, however?
It'll most likely not (and safe to say that it'll never) be fixed.

Yellow571

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a shame. I don't wanna have to use an unsecure hotspot to use Nintendo WFC (WEP refuses to work with me for some reason) so this might be a deal breaker for me.
@EZ-Flash2 Are you guys aware of this issue by chance?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This isn't a limitation of the card's features, but simply because nobody has managed to make a DSi flashcart yet. If you want a possible workaround you could use an old wireless access point that you hook up to your current one and then only turn it on for use with older consoles.
I am doing this for mine with an older router I got from my ISP about 10 years ago. It's set up like normal with WEP, gets turned on when I need internet on my older stuff only, and gets shut off after. Cost me nothing and is secure enough for occasional gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay